Next Manager

49 minutes ago, Turra red said:

On paper this seems like it would be a great appointment however I feel we may need to give him a chance to implement his style and get his style of players.

Something that pisses me off is when pundits say we as dons fans are too quick to jump onto the throat of our managers. They clearly haven't watched us. I could accept our position slightly more if you could see some sort of style or signs that we are starting to go somewhere but it's just been clueless from top to bottom. 

One managers players don't suit the next managers style so.we overhaul then repeat and to be fair I could see that happening again this summer.

I agree. I feel we are quick to see through bullshit but if we could see a manager had a plan we’d definitely stick with it

2 minutes ago, Turra red said:

@minijc have you any idea if thelin would have been a top target or if he was well down the list? 

Hats off to the board if they stuck to trying to get their man all this time.

I don't think he was first but I'll be more than happy that we got him, much better than some of the other shite we spoke to.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

"

April 10, 2024, 1:34 p.m
I really can't understand what it is about Aberdeen that attracts? A bottom club in a league that is no better than ours. Terrible weather/climate. Horrible food culture. Not very much better paid? Insecure employment (coaches are rolling on a conveyor belt there). Have a hard time imagining that Jimmy would be an incredibly big whiskey fan, which might outweigh everything else? Would have understood if something happened with Sunderland, for example. But Aberdeen!?
."

Surprised if it’s based on whiskey but I’m guessing we’re offering a bigger financial package. Having been to Sweden I don’t think the food culture is particularly brilliant 

2 minutes ago, RUL said:

I agree. I feel we are quick to see through bullshit but if we could see a manager had a plan we’d definitely stick with it

I think it'll take a good 18months before we see his idea comes through and how good his philosophy is.  I suppose it could happen quicker but we would need to have an extremely good transfer window this summer and we'll have to be lucky with injuries too.

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

I don't think he was first but I'll be more than happy that we got him, much better than some of the other shite we spoke to.

Surely a far better option than the likes of O'Neill. Us getting a manager on an upward trajectory is a huge plus.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, RUL said:

https://www.gp.se/sport/fotboll/da-gor-thelin-sin-sista-match-i-elfsborg.fe66e2c9-d390-47fa-b00d-811d02b2f727

he’s seeing out elfsborg until 1st June and other club leaders are going, not sure if to Aberdeen or elsewhere.

Swedish media clearly a bit more clued up than our clueless cunts

Bit disappointed he won’t be here before the end of the season 

Was hoping for a new manager bounce and a miracle in the cup 

5 minutes ago, RUL said:

https://www.gp.se/sport/fotboll/da-gor-thelin-sin-sista-match-i-elfsborg.fe66e2c9-d390-47fa-b00d-811d02b2f727

he’s seeing out elfsborg until 1st June and other club leaders are going, not sure if to Aberdeen or elsewhere.

Why on earth would he wait until June if all parties know he is leaving anyway. Its not as if June is the end of their season. Makes no sense unless he is safeguarding against us going down.

1 minute ago, Hoppy said:

Jimmy Thelin is close to a move to Aberdeen FC. His last match with Elfsborg is expected to be the west derby against IFK Gothenburg on June 1, according to GP's information. There are many indications that Elfsborg will not only lose Thelin - several other leaders are expected also leave.

Seems they're talking about the assistants Bajrami and Persson.

3 minutes ago, Hoppy said:

Jimmy Thelin is close to a move to Aberdeen FC. His last match with Elfsborg is expected to be the west derby against IFK Gothenburg on June 1, according to GP's information. There are many indications that Elfsborg will not only lose Thelin - several other leaders are expected also leave.

Terrific 

1 minute ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Why on earth would he wait until June if all parties know he is leaving anyway. Its not as if June is the end of their season. Makes no sense unless he is safeguarding against us going down.

Don't see too much of an issue with it if the contract is signed and its 100% guaranteed he's coming on 1st June. If we're waiting until then for him to make a decision then it doesn't make any sense as we could be left at the start of June back at square one again a few weeks before pre season starts if he changes his mind.

Just now, zeroisgod76 said:

Don't see too much of an issue with it if the contract is signed and its 100% guaranteed he's coming on 1st June. If we're waiting until then for him to make a decision then it doesn't make any sense as we could be left at the start of June back at square one again a few weeks before pre season starts if he changes his mind.

So not the club just planting his name in the media to throw supporters a bone after all then? 👍

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

"

April 10, 2024, 1:34 p.m
I really can't understand what it is about Aberdeen that attracts? A bottom club in a league that is no better than ours. Terrible weather/climate. Horrible food culture. Not very much better paid? Insecure employment (coaches are rolling on a conveyor belt there). Have a hard time imagining that Jimmy would be an incredibly big whiskey fan, which might outweigh everything else? Would have understood if something happened with Sunderland, for example. But Aberdeen!?
."

You're not a fan of club or city then? I wouldn't want to rely on you promoting our interests abroad. Firstly, I'll say a bit about the city/region. I've worked with a lot of people from different parts of the world who all thought the NE was a fantastic place. Low crime rate. Lots of green space. Coast line - mountains a short drive away. Quite cosmopolitan and reasonably affluent compared to other parts of the UK / World. Then there is the club - still a recognisable name Europe. Presented well in Europe this year. Attendances on the up. An ambitious board whose aim is to have us in annual European Competition. Good training ground. Manager's salary it is reported that competed with Championship manager wages. Good fan base but all the negative nutters rally on a site called afc-chat. Explanation that things have gone wrong last few seasons because ambition and timing led to the wrong appointments - all of whom were handsomely rewarded as they left the building. If you've got any balls and ambition it's a great opportunity - ask Kevin Thomson. Just don't upset the 30/40 naysayers on afc-chat. In fact - don't worry about them because nothing you do will ever be good enough - just crack on.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Dildo 4