Next Manager

2 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

You're not a fan of club or city then? I wouldn't want to rely on you promoting our interests abroad. Firstly, I'll say a bit about the city/region. I've worked with a lot of people from different parts of the world who all thought the NE was a fantastic place. Low crime rate. Lots of green space. Coast line - mountains a short drive away. Quite cosmopolitan and reasonably affluent compared to other parts of the UK / World. Then there is the club - still a recognisable name Europe. Presented well in Europe this year. Attendances on the up. An ambitious board whose aim is to have us in annual European Competition. Good training ground. Manager's salary it is reported that competed with Championship manager wages. Good fan base but all the negative nutters rally on a site called afc-chat. Explanation that things have gone wrong last few seasons because ambition and timing led to the wrong appointments - all of whom were handsomely rewarded as they left the building. If you've got any balls and ambition it's a great opportunity - ask Kevin Thomson. Just don't upset the 30/40 naysayers on afc-chat. In fact - don't worry about them because nothing you do will ever be good enough - just crack on.

I think you were supposed to write that in Swedish 

4 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

You're not a fan of club or city then? I wouldn't want to rely on you promoting our interests abroad. Firstly, I'll say a bit about the city/region. I've worked with a lot of people from different parts of the world who all thought the NE was a fantastic place. Low crime rate. Lots of green space. Coast line - mountains a short drive away. Quite cosmopolitan and reasonably affluent compared to other parts of the UK / World. Then there is the club - still a recognisable name Europe. Presented well in Europe this year. Attendances on the up. An ambitious board whose aim is to have us in annual European Competition. Good training ground. Manager's salary it is reported that competed with Championship manager wages. Good fan base but all the negative nutters rally on a site called afc-chat. Explanation that things have gone wrong last few seasons because ambition and timing led to the wrong appointments - all of whom were handsomely rewarded as they left the building. If you've got any balls and ambition it's a great opportunity - ask Kevin Thomson. Just don't upset the 30/40 naysayers on afc-chat. In fact - don't worry about them because nothing you do will ever be good enough - just crack on.

With respect, you are fucking demented, please stick around.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

"

April 10, 2024, 1:34 p.m
I really can't understand what it is about Aberdeen that attracts? A bottom club in a league that is no better than ours. Terrible weather/climate. Horrible food culture. Not very much better paid? Insecure employment (coaches are rolling on a conveyor belt there). Have a hard time imagining that Jimmy would be an incredibly big whiskey fan, which might outweigh everything else? Would have understood if something happened with Sunderland, for example. But Aberdeen!?
."

Would have understood if it was Sunderland who average about three managers a season at the moment 😅

Does well here he'll be off to England. Simple as that. We're shit just now but there's decent upside here.

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Apologies, late to the party

Even though he officially starts on June 1st, you'd have to imagine he unofficlally starts NOW, so recruitment can now get underway

If he has indeed signed, you'd assume at the very least he's given the head of recruitment the lowdown on the type of player he wants here so they can get going get going

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Apologies, late to the party

Even though he officially starts on June 1st, you'd have to imagine he unofficlally starts NOW, so recruitment can now get underway

Can't see why he dosn't start now. Important games in the league to guarantee safety, a cup semi and a big rebuild to plan. 

Can understand the coaches staying behind if they are taking over until they apt someone permanent. 

6 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Actually lets go through this, Aberdeen the city is on it's fucking knees, with a high street that looks horrendous.

I don 't think the clubs name is as recognisable as it once was, in fact I know that the club has a wee bit of a bad reputation amongst players, coaches and agents throughout the game.

It's all fine and well having an ambitious board but their execution thus far has been diabolical, could argue that ambitious boards don't hire Glass, Goodwin and Robson, they then don't panic and take in Neil Warnock whilst fucking about for 3 months to get a permanent manager.

If we paid Glass, Goodwin or Robson anything close to a championship level wage then that just proves how utterly fucking clueless some people at the club are.  It's also not a brag when you hire inept people, that's just a huge waste of fucking money.

Things have went wrong due to poor execution from this making the decisions, inexperienced managers and director of football, total abandonment of the strategy and philosophy.

• Upvote 1
Just now, AllyDon said:

Can't see why he dosn't start now. Important games in the league to guarantee safety, a cup semi and a big rebuild to plan. 

Can understand the coaches staying behind if they are taking over until they apt someone permanent. 

If Elfsborg are looking for someone in the interim I know just the right 75 year old for the job

1 minute ago, AllyDon said:

I'm not buying this June 1st thing. I reckon an agreement will be brockered whereby they (Elfsborg) get their replacements in within the next few weeks and Jimmy takes over then, for the post split shit

3 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Would have understood if it was Sunderland who average about three managers a season at the moment 😅

Does well here he'll be off to England. Simple as that. We're shit just now but there's decent upside here.

Any manager with any ounce of self belief must look at us and see us as a good opportunity. Big budget compared to most of the league, a good chance at getting to cup finals (even Robson made one ffs) and possibly winning something, regular attempts at getting group stage football in Europe if you can just be competent.

I don't know much/anything about Elfsborg, but maybe he's achieved all he can there? 

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I'm not buying this June 1st thing. I reckon an agreement will be brockered whereby they (Elfsborg) get their replacements in within the next few weeks and Jimmy takes over then, for the post split shit

Hope you are right.

7 minutes ago, minijc said:

Actually lets go through this, Aberdeen the city is on it's fucking knees, with a high street that looks horrendous.

I don 't think the clubs name is as recognisable as it once was, in fact I know that the club has a wee bit of a bad reputation amongst players, coaches and agents throughout the game.

It's all fine and well having an ambitious board but their execution thus far has been diabolical, could argue that ambitious boards don't hire Glass, Goodwin and Robson, they then don't panic and take in Neil Warnock whilst fucking about for 3 months to get a permanent manager.

If we paid Glass, Goodwin or Robson anything close to a championship level wage then that just proves how utterly fucking clueless some people at the club are.  It's also not a brag when you hire inept people, that's just a huge waste of fucking money.

Things have went wrong due to poor execution from this making the decisions, inexperienced managers and director of football, total abandonment of the strategy and philosophy.

We've been stuck in amateur hour for 3 years now.

As you say employ inept people, you'll get inept results.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

You failed to mention the fantastic rowies Dave min, even better with a bit of bacon in between and a cup of tea made by Gunner.

45 minutes ago, minijc said:

I don't think he was first but I'll be more than happy that we got him, much better than some of the other shite we spoke to.

I assume he was in the top few though, mini? Any idea who was top choice, mate? Apologies if you’ve said before, but not trawling back through c500 pages..

1 minute ago, donswin1983 said:

I assume he was in the top few though, mini? Any idea who was top choice, mate? Apologies if you’ve said before, but not trawling back through c500 pages..

I think it was O'Neill, others say it wasn't.

1 minute ago, Torry Tosser said:

I'll believe it when he's actually on the touchline,the whole process stinks to high heaven...Just got a feeling this is going to blow up in Cormack's face..

Agreed, not getting excited until he is waving the scarf over his head at Colgate park.
Or if @minijc can confirm it???????????????????????????????????????????

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

Hold on a minute. Oracles such as @Yerdas Selzavon and @zeroisgod76 told us this wouldn’t happen?

I looked back as I thought yer da had said that nothing would be happening until the close season which may technically be true. But then I saw his condescending 'definitely won't be Thelin, don't know what to tell you' shite.

Zero is blocked so fuck knows what he said but probably the usual shite that I don't want to read.

3 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

I'll believe it when he's actually on the touchline,the whole process stinks to high heaven...Just got a feeling this is going to blow up in Cormack's face..

It must be dismal being you.