DIY Thread

GAME OF BILLIONS

9 minutes ago, Fridge said:

I had a tremendous effort at painting a room once got the paint from B&Q, brushes etc took me about 4 hours. 

Place was a shambles. Immediately called a painter and decorator to sort the whole shambolic mess out.

Fuck DIY.

Thus...imo...fuck the labour,folk enjoy it fair enough...I'd rather call Bodie and Doyle💀

DIY is what separates us from the animals and the non-Europeans.

That might sound racist, but when did you last see some lad from Botswana... which is a country in Africa... upload a video about how to build your own shed? 

They just don't fucking do it... it's not in their genes.

DIY is the greatest thing a man can do that doesn't involve chainsaws or doing sex to a lady.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Fridge said:

You should volunteer to build Parko’s bar

Would jump at the chance.

That's how Europe built empires... we're a building people. It's in our blood. A European sees a set of tools and he's building a navy.

Used to be warships, now it's cocktail stations.

Your average Armenian sees a set of tools he's nicking them and selling them.

To a European, most likely.

• Haha 1
57 minutes ago, Parklife said:

DIY = Don't involve yourself. 

Get someone else to do it. Life is too short for wasting free time on that nonsense 

Parky... I am disappoint.

I'd like to take you into the forest, hand you a chainsaw, and just watch your eyes light up as the primeval part of your brain takes over.

You'll be hacking endangered oaks to extinction faster than you can say deforestation.

53 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I'd like to take you into the forest, hand you a chainsaw, and just watch your eyes light up as the primeval part of your brain takes over.

You'll be hacking endangered oaks to extinction faster than you can say deforestation.

Once cut down a tree and hacked out the roots at my folks house. Was a massive pain in the arse. Zero fun, took hours of free time up. 

We're all in to different things though. Fair fucks if you enjoy that kinda shite. There are a hundred things I'd rather be doing though. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Once cut down a tree and hacked out the roots at my folks house. Was a massive pain in the arse. Zero fun, took hours of free time up. 

We're all in to different things though. Fair fuck a if you enjoy that kinda shite. There are a hundred things I'd rather be doing though. 

Chainsaw a square into yer stump, fill it with combustibles, and burn the fucker out. 

If it's roots, chain the tree to your jeep and wrench that fucker clean out of the ground.  Pulled many a tree out with my hemi jeep... takes about 10 minutes start to finish. Them you can get to disassembling it.

Terrific fun.

Right tools for the right job.

Fuck digging roots out.

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

We're all in to different things though. Fair fucks if you enjoy that kinda shite. There are a hundred things I'd rather be doing though. 

Arguing with people on a football forum? 

• Haha 2
14 hours ago, Ke1t said:

He'd just climb the fuckin' tree and sit there with the rest of his mates.