Euro 2024 - Germany

Ballot opened for ticket applications today. A few of us already booked our accommodation and flights for this in the hope Scotland don't fuck it up and actually qualify.

Basing ourselves in Dusseldorf, as you're in easy striking distance of Dortmund, Cologne, Gelsenkirchen and of course the games in Dusseldorf. So hopefully get tickets for some if not all these venues.

Anyone else also booked up in anticipation?

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Ballot opened for ticket applications today. A few of us already booked our accommodation and flights for this in the hope Scotland don't fuck it up and actually qualify.

Basing ourselves in Dusseldorf, as you're in easy striking distance of Dortmund, Cologne, Gelsenkirchen and of course the games in Dusseldorf. So hopefully get tickets for some if not all these venues.

Anyone else also booked up in anticipation?

Aye booked 5 days in Düsseldorf as well - application in today for 4 games 

2 minutes ago, dave_min said:

Compared to Frankfurt, anywhere would. I’ve only heard good things about the place too in all honesty.

Staying at some luxury spa place on the edge of town, buzzing.

Frankfurt wasn’t too bad away from the train station area tbf (land of the living dead round there right enough).

Cant go wrong with football in Germany - standing, good atmosphere, cheap tickets and world class beer.  

8 minutes ago, keigy1983 said:

is Düsseldorf where you think Scotland games or game depending on whether they move the games in the group all over the shop  will be? or just convenient for travel, we were looking at berlin for the transport links, ive no clue so any help/suggestions would be great 

There are 4 other venues all within an hour or so’s train journey from Düsseldorf plus games in Düsseldorf itself - Cologne, Frankfurt, Dortmund and Gelsenkirchen. 

Berlin is a cracking city but it’s a bit more isolated.

• Upvote 1

I've not applied for tickets yet. I should get tickets through the SSC and given you can only have tickets for one game on any given day, I don't want to apply for tickets and end up unable to get my ticket for the Scotland game because I have a ticket for another game on the same day. 

I'll probably apply through the public portal under my Mrs' name though. Covering all bases. 

1 hour ago, keigy1983 said:

is Düsseldorf where you think Scotland games or game depending on whether they move the games in the group all over the shop  will be? or just convenient for travel, we were looking at berlin for the transport links, ive no clue so any help/suggestions would be great 

Within 3ish hours by train of 6 of the venues. Apparently a fantastic city too.

Cologne:  25 mins
Dortmund:  50 mins
Gelsenkirchen: 1 hour
Frankfurt: 1.5 hours
Stuttgart: 2.5 hours 
Hamburg: 3.5 hours
Munich: 5 hours
Leipzig: 5 hours
Berlin: 4.5 hours

• Upvote 1

Booked a motor home from the 10 to the 24 th of June, me,wife,dog going, 1500 quid for the motor home, 

10th- England-France stay in Paris 

11th- france to Austria stay in Vienna

12th-austria to Belgium stay in brugge

13th-Belgium to Holland stay in amsterdam 

14th- Holland to Germany stay in Düsseldorf as a base.

stay till the 24th and head home straight from Germany to Scotland 

25th working.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

Booked a motor home from the 10 to the 24 th of June, me,wife,dog going, 1500 quid for the motor home, 

10th- England-France stay in Paris 

11th- france to Austria stay in Vienna

12th-austria to Belgium stay in brugge

13th-Belgium to Holland stay in amsterdam 

14th- Holland to Germany stay in Düsseldorf as a base.

stay till the 24th and head home straight from Germany to Scotland 

25th working.

Paris to Vienna will be a long drive.

Q1

46 minutes ago, Dandie1992 said:

Fits the story with the ballot? Do they try and give you a ticket for Scotland games if you select that or is it completely random?

Q1  Do you own a blazer and fading pish stained SFA tie?

Q2  Does your kid play for the "right" junior team?

Q3  Do you have a tartan bunnet or ageing prince charlie jacket covered in lapel pins of conquests (raging Scottish disappointments) past?

Three no's and yer out.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Dandie1992 said:

Fits the story with the ballot? Do they try and give you a ticket for Scotland games if you select that or is it completely random?

Nobody knows who is playing where yet. So it's a complete lottery. No guarantee you'll get the tickets you request either.

However if Scotland make it and you get lucky with the tickets through the ballot for where they're playing....then you've probably saved yourself hundreds of pounds on what the resellers will be charging

3 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

What size of motor home are we talking, pal? Also that’s a long time to be couped up with your wife and the dog. It’ll smell rank, even more so with the dog being there. 

Dogs coming, part of the family, itl be fine, air fresheners, dog beds, etc, no issues with smell, showers included, I’ve been couped up with the wife for 18 years, used to it lol, very similar too this one.

IMG-6927.png
IMG-6928.png
IMG-6929.png

• Like 1

Harder to insure, then there’s the how do I get to the continent with luggage, wife dog?. Am doing this to save money not spend more.

34 minutes ago, Stamens_in_the_cloud said:

Why not hire one on the continent?

Secondly, if a drive to say France then hire, my wife might need to go back to work earlier which doing this it’s just a drop off to an airport for her to fly home, my dog is not getting on any plane(non trusted airlines)so fuck having to drive to France, hire a camper van, drive home, then what?

drive back to France with another driver to pick up my car?.rather costly and stupid to be honest.

wait……….

I get you now, but no, want everything I need before I leave, including vehicle.good point though.

• Like 1

I’m confused, is this an AFC forum or a SFA skirt wearing forum?

So close to these massive games for AFC and some folk are creaming they’re knickers about Scotland games that might happen next year. 
Good luck Scotland but first and foremost COYR. 
So many attractive games up for our club first before this shite. 

• Haha 3
  • Dildo 10
15 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Harder to insure, then there’s the how do I get to the continent with luggage, wife dog?. Am doing this to save money not spend more.

Secondly, if a drive to say France then hire, my wife might need to go back to work earlier which doing this it’s just a drop off to an airport for her to fly home, my dog is not getting on any plane(non trusted airlines)so fuck having to drive to France, hire a camper van, drive home, then what?

drive back to France with another driver to pick up my car?.rather costly and stupid to be honest.

wait……….

I get you now, but no, want everything I need before I leave, including vehicle.good point though.

You got plans on the Saturday?

Fancy parking the van (with kettle) up by a park in central Dusseldorf?

• Haha 1