Euro 2024 - Germany

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

Harder to insure, then there’s the how do I get to the continent with luggage, wife dog?. Am doing this to save money not spend more.

Secondly, if a drive to say France then hire, my wife might need to go back to work earlier which doing this it’s just a drop off to an airport for her to fly home, my dog is not getting on any plane(non trusted airlines)so fuck having to drive to France, hire a camper van, drive home, then what?

drive back to France with another driver to pick up my car?.rather costly and stupid to be honest.

wait……….

I get you now, but no, want everything I need before I leave, including vehicle.good point though.

Aye, no worries, seems like a good plan.  

if you’re picking it up in Scotland, there’s always the Newcastle - Amsterdam ferry.  Means you’d miss Paris unless you drove west, but less driving through England.  

If your doing a few motorways in France you can get a motorway tag from a couple of places in the uk, I’ve used Emovis tag  

• Thanks 1

Folk mentioning Dusseldorf....I lived there for around 6 months early 90s when in the building game. Absolutely cracking city, the old town (Altstadt) was far and away the best old town area of any I experienced in Germany and I was in many. I remember postcards stating the Altstadt had more bars, restaurants, clubs, cafes etc in a 1km2 area than anywhere else in the  world, and when your right in the middle of it, you certainly believe it. By comparison, Frankfurt's Saxenhausen was a poor relation. Although 30+ years ago now, I doubt that has changed. And as others have said, your so close to so many other big cities in that Ruhr area, Dortmund, Essen, Koln, etc. If I was going to follow Scotland at a championship in Germany (which I'm not) I'd base myself in Dusseldorf, no question.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, ThaiRed said:

I’m confused, is this an AFC forum or a SFA skirt wearing forum?

So close to these massive games for AFC and some folk are creaming they’re knickers about Scotland games that might happen next year. 
Good luck Scotland but first and foremost COYR. 
So many attractive games up for our club first before this shite. 

I'm confused, did you click on, read through and then reply to a thread titled Euro 2024 thinking it was about something else?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
4 hours ago, ThaiRed said:

I’m confused, is this an AFC forum or a SFA skirt wearing forum?

So close to these massive games for AFC and some folk are creaming they’re knickers about Scotland games that might happen next year. 
Good luck Scotland but first and foremost COYR. 
So many attractive games up for our club first before this shite. 

Oh, good

Another one

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 11:08 AM, Redtillimdead said:

I have flights and multiple hotels booked all over Germany for the first week. Have applied for a heap of tickets. Scattergun approach

I wisnae sure if I wis gan.

Been debating wi mysel for weeks, off for the whole tournament.

Thought it'd be great sitting ootside in pubs in Cyprus, fitba and pintage feast.

But then thought:

Nae getting ony younger.

Might never qualify again.

But mostly, heaps o' the boys will be there, be a total stramash, and only 10 days damage to the liver.

Would be kicking mysel' when the photies were flooding in the whatsapp group.

And it's Deutchland. 

So fuck it.

Bought Scotland tickets today.

Larnaka flies direct daily to Berlin, Munich & Frankfurt.
Direct twice a week to Stuttgart, Koln, Dusseldorf and Hamburg.

So at least mi flights will be cheap, and nae hassle.

As it disnae look like Cyprus will be qualifying. 😆

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Parklife said:

How you done that? 

Only 3 ways in my opinion

1. Have shit loads of money( but that might not get you tickets if you don’t know anyone in an FA)

2. Know someone high up in a football association 

3. Be a family member of an active player that will be at the tournament.

7 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Only 3 ways in my opinion

1. Have shit loads of money( but that might not get you tickets if you don’t know anyone in an FA)

2. Know someone high up in a football association 

3. Be a family member of an active player that will be at the tournament.

Can't have "bought" the tickets today though. Unless he's paid some tout company (that's not guaranteed to even have tickets) a wedge for them. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Can't have "bought" the tickets today though. Unless he's paid some tout company (that's not guaranteed to even have tickets) a wedge for them. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if you know the right folk to be able to pre order the tickets (buy) on the assertion that when the tickets do get released bingo, look what just happened, shiny tickets avail themselves, not for the normal punter though. It’s a UEFA tournament, not exactly squeaky clean an organisation.

Or maybe he used the term bought as  a turn of phrase meaning got/acquired/ pre bought/given etc

or the 3rd option, families of players has always gotten tickets for their games

or muttonhumper could just tell us.

muttonhumper?.

35 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Was having a look at that. £5500 euros for 3 scotland group matches, including drinks and meals at each game. For the prestige lounge.

Wee bit less for the club lounge.

Not including VAT or flights or accomodation or travel to games 🤣

Peanuts really for any big fan.

8 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Peanuts really for any big fan.

Exactly, spend more on a wedding for 1 day and for what?😂

much more excitement in the 3x90 min games for the country you support. 

now Ano the missus wouldn’t agree but, fitba, big tournament, national team, cmon now, no brainer.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

now Ano the missus wouldn’t agree but, fitba, big tournament, national team, cmon now, no brainer.

I'd be a fraud if I went to be honest. I'm not a major Scotland fan.

I've applied for tickets through Fifa website, and chances are I won't get (couple group games/quarter/semi and final)... BUT I'm hoping my father holds on for another tournament involving Scotland and I'll have the gazebo and big screen set up in the back garden and enjoy the games with him. I thought Euro 2020 would be the last but looks like I'll get another with him.

He's massive fan of the national side.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4
10 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Your spending way to much on your wedding if yours cost that much. Mine was about a 10th of that. 

Maybe that’s why we didn’t last 🤔

2 hours ago, Roberto said:

I've applied for tickets through Fifa website, and chances are I won't get (couple group games/quarter/semi and final)... BUT I'm hoping my father holds on for another tournament involving Scotland and I'll have the gazebo and big screen set up in the back garden and enjoy the games with him. I thought Euro 2020 would be the last but looks like I'll get another with him.

This got me a bit,

Cards on the table😂, that’s lovely, a hope he does see the big tournament and you get to see his face beaming if we score, a lasting memory for you in time, aw the best roberto.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 10/19/2023 at 6:11 PM, Roberto said:

Proper heart emoji inducing stuff.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 10/19/2023 at 6:11 PM, Roberto said:

What a wonderful post. My father passed away in 1993 and we had Pittodrie season tickets for many years. Have some great memories of the time we spent together watching the Dons. We also went to Scotland matches together. The 1990 World Cup in Italy was a truly memorable time we had together. It is amazing the memories our wonderful game gives us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1