Euro 2024 - Germany

On 10/19/2023 at 6:11 PM, Roberto said:

I'd be a fraud if I went to be honest. I'm not a major Scotland fan.

I've applied for tickets through Fifa website, and chances are I won't get (couple group games/quarter/semi and final)... BUT I'm hoping my father holds on for another tournament involving Scotland and I'll have the gazebo and big screen set up in the back garden and enjoy the games with him. I thought Euro 2020 would be the last but looks like I'll get another with him.

He's massive fan of the national side.

Hope you and your old man have a cracking time next summer watching the games together 

My dad and I travelled around Europe following Scotland regularly around 2005-2011

Brilliant times even though we were largely shite during that time 

Going to wait to see what the draw is before booking anything 

• 4 weeks later...

Should find out today / tomorrow if you were successful in the ballot for tickets. 

Chances of getting through ballot are pretty slim and you'd have to be mighty lucky to land a Scotland game through the ballot. Unless you have 13-12 SSC points getting a Scotland ticket will be difficult, unless of course you fork out for hospitality tickets which will guarantee you one of the group games. 

Anyone had feedback yet?

12 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Should find out today / tomorrow if you were successful in the ballot for tickets. 

Chances of getting through ballot are pretty slim and you'd have to be mighty lucky to land a Scotland game through the ballot. Unless you have 13-12 SSC points getting a Scotland ticket will be difficult, unless of course you fork out for hospitality tickets which will guarantee you one of the group games. 

Anyone had feedback yet?

Nope still waiting..

On 10/19/2023 at 6:11 PM, Roberto said:

I'd be a fraud if I went to be honest. I'm not a major Scotland fan.

I've applied for tickets through Fifa website, and chances are I won't get (couple group games/quarter/semi and final)... BUT I'm hoping my father holds on for another tournament involving Scotland and I'll have the gazebo and big screen set up in the back garden and enjoy the games with him. I thought Euro 2020 would be the last but looks like I'll get another with him.

He's massive fan of the national side.

Hope you do, min! That’s an emotional read, mate..

out the group stages for the 1st time ever..🤞

I was fortunately taken to some great Scotland games as a kid, so I still have that romance about us. The first ever match being when we beat France 1-0 via Gary Caldwell. Got to see my hero Thierry Henry in the flesh as well. Dream stuff. 

Had my apathy under Strachan, but will almost definitely be in Germany. 

I didn't apply because I spend too much money following the Dons as it is. The National breaks are a bit of an inconvenience but usually make the most of it with a few pints out in the town. Will probably do the same this time. Arsed going to Germany to watch the game on a big screen.

Okay I'll lighten up. My pals in Frankfurt have offered me a room. I'll probably take it. 

2 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Seemed like a fruitless exercise. Chances of getting tickets very slim let alone for a Scotland game. Seems like a stupidly bizarre way to do it. 

Just bat shit crazy. It is UEFA we are talking about though.

They have cup finals in stadiums that are too small, so that a mere fraction of a team's usual support has a chance of attending. Imagine the Dandies getting to the Conference League Final (stop laughing over there) and only getting 8,000 tickets.

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Why's that? Seems a fair enough way to do it to me. 

It’s completely random as to who you get tickets to see in the unlikely event you get any tickets at all. Presumably there is an opportunity for Scotland fans to request tickets to Scotland games nearer the time? Just don’t know why anyone would bother with this initial ballot.