Euro 2024 - Germany

16 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Remember and buy a train ticket for the journey min.

I got fined 60 EUR for nae having a ticket on the metro Munchen Ostbahnhof to Munchen Flughafen train  on oor last day in Munich in April.

We got away with it until then as within the city centre metro network there aren't sniffers employed by the DB going around.

I'm still contesting the fine with the DB as offered to pay the actual fare price (30 EUR) but the sniffer wasn't having any of it.

Yep, all booked up in advance, although weve not booked our travel after Munich yet, there seems to be some sort of offer related to the Euros

8 minutes ago, davieb said:

Yep, all booked up in advance, although weve not booked our travel after Munich yet, there seems to be some sort of offer related to the Euros

Good man.👍

Guaranteed to be sniffers on the metro train the day Scotland play Germany as the Allianz Arena is on the outskirts of Munich, just like Munchen Flughafen.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Good man.👍

Guaranteed to be sniffers on the metro train the day Scotland play Germany as the Allianz Arena is on the outskirts of Munich, just like Munchen Flughafen.

The local rail network is free on match days if you have a match ticket.

"Match ticket holders are entitled to a 36 Hour Travel Pass for the entire regional public transport network at no additional cost. From 06:00 on your matchday until 18:00 the following day. The pass covers both public transport within the Host City and also regional rail travel on the relevant network!".

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, davieb said:

"Match ticket holders are entitled to a 36 Hour Travel Pass for the entire regional public transport network at no additional cost. From 06:00 on your matchday until 18:00 the following day. The pass covers both public transport within the Host City and also regional rail travel on the relevant network!".

Exactly.

Train tickets for nerds.

Free travel for Top Fans.

4 minutes ago, davieb said:

That's a bloody good concept min. A piece of gratitude exhibited by Muncheners for the boost you and the other Scotland supporters will be giving to their local economy. 

Der Spockmeier, just yards off of the Marienplatz, is a cracking boozer/eatery to get your Lowenbrau beers in.👍🍺

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

It's not even about what I want. But how are they distributing tickets for 5+ games to one person when other people apply and get 0 tickets in total? Hardly seems like a fair system. 

Yep, 6 of us, tried every which way to get any tickets, in every game applied for, in cat A, B, C, all 6 of us, not one ticket.

5 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

In all seriousness, are you willing to sell the spares?

can offer more than @Dons79without knowing the value of Freddie or his patio set..

How dare you, I could have offered so much more, money, gold, women, Freddy is priceless, was a fair offer.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

That's a bloody good concept min. A piece of gratitude exhibited by Muncheners for the boost you and the other Scotland supporters will be giving to their local economy. 

Der Spockmeier, just yards off of the Marienplatz, is a cracking boozer/eatery to get your Lowenbrau beers in.👍🍺

Another drinking establishment added to the list!

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Common in Germany isn't it? Free local travel on public transport with a match ticket. 

Im sure that's been the case when I've been to bundesliga games. 

24 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Common in Germany isn't it? Free local travel on public transport with a match ticket. 

Im sure that's been the case when I've been to bundesliga games. 

It’s common in Aberdeen, Scotland.

5 hours ago, dave_min said:

Only nerds buy train tickets in Germany. If they really wanted you to pay they’d put up barriers or something.

Correct, min! Was in Berlin earlier this year and never bought a ticket once. Nae barriers and nobody on board asking to see my ‘papers’ 

5 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Yep, 6 of us, tried every which way to get any tickets, in every game applied for, in cat A, B, C, all 6 of us, not one ticket.

Same, min! My final hope is paying the touts or getting into Steve Clarke’s squad. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

Correct, min! Was in Berlin earlier this year and never bought a ticket once. Nae barriers and nobody on board asking to see my ‘papers’ 

They always try and trick you by asking in English!

16 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

They go for public embarrassment over there instead to make people worried that anyone could be an inspector and hope people pay to avoid it. Three or four in plain clothes pretend to be solo passengers and wait until the train starts moving before blitzing through the carriage checking everyone's tickets. 

On 5/8/2024 at 3:51 PM, huncunts said:

They go for public embarrassment over there instead to make people worried that anyone could be an inspector and hope people pay to avoid it. Three or four in plain clothes pretend to be solo passengers and wait until the train starts moving before blitzing through the carriage checking everyone's tickets. 

Makes a change from gassing folk on trains I guess. Progress at least.

• Haha 2
On 5/8/2024 at 1:51 PM, huncunts said:

Happy to be embarrassed…

On 5/7/2024 at 10:56 PM, donswin1983 said:

On 5/8/2024 at 9:20 AM, davieb said:

They always try and trick you by asking in English!

A quick "Bonjour" reply and away on your merry way with some cash in your wallet. Easy peasy.