Euro 2024 - Germany

2 hours ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Fanzones over there will be arguably just as good a bounce if not better than being in the ground given the low % of actual proper fans in the ground.

Aye my uncle was saying fan zones were better in 98 than the 1 game he attended. Fuck it - plenty of pints to be consumed regardless.

3 hours ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Fanzones over there will be arguably just as good a bounce if not better than being in the ground given the low % of actual proper fans in the ground.

Low %? Official allocations of circa 11,000 tickets to Scotland for all 3 group games. 

50 minutes ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Allianz holds 75k

Cologne holds 50k

Stuttgart holds 60k

Uefa more worried about sorting corporates and and sponsors than real fans.

Not sure I agree tbh. Healthy official allocations for both teams, plus relatively chunky public sale %ages too. 

On 1/21/2024 at 7:31 PM, davieb said:

My mate's daughter works for the SFA, we managed to get a pair of category 3 tickets for the Switzerland game for free (result!!!), and category 2 tickets for the Hungary game at 150 Euro each. I'm in the same boat as you for the Germany game, not pinning much hope on the draw, but you never know. Booked up from 13th until 24th, we'll be in Munich with or without tickets, and we have accommodation for Cologne and Stuttgart. We have a few days between that we will try and sort accomodation out away from the venues and do a bit of sightseeing. To top it all, managed use my airmiles to get BA business class Glasgow to Frankfurt via London, gonna make the best of it, never know when we'll next get the opportunity! 😂

Your application was unsuccessful

Shockaroony. Fuck off UEFA

7 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Yep, same as myself, every lottery I was in, all different categories, none.

Makes you think, mate. Probably, like others, I know stacks of people that applied for Scotland tickets through both ballots and others that basically applied for tickets for every game. Of c25 people, I know of 1 loon that got a ticket for a shit looking group game.

Yet, per my post a couple of months  ago, I know through someone else a tout who has an endless fucking supply. 

‘‘I can’t do anymore than 3 seats together for a Scotland game, but I can do blocks of 3 in different areas’

Something is fucked somewhere. Reeks of hunnery.

• Upvote 1

People could've had tickets for all 3 Scotland games through the SSC by simply going to all of the last 10 home games and having been a member for 3 successive renewals. That'd have put you on 11 points. My pal is in this boat. He had to pay €400 for the opening game though.

If you'd went to just one away game on top of the above, you'd be on 13 points and have been able to get the cheapest tickets to all 3 games.  

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

People could've had tickets for all 3 Scotland games through the SSC by simply going to all of the last 10 home games and having been a member for 3 successive renewals. That'd have put you on 11 points. My pal is in this boat. He had to pay €400 for the opening game though.

If you'd went to just one away game on top of the above, you'd be on 13 points and have been able to get the cheapest tickets to all 3 games.  

I’ve got 9 points. Although I went o Seville, we were in the home end, coz I couldn’t get away end tickets. Had I got them that would have got me to 11 I think. Even then there were thousands on 11 and about 7k of the 10k tickets the SFA had, went to those with 12. 

might be wrong, but that was my take 

26 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

I’ve got 9 points. Although I went o Seville, we were in the home end, coz I couldn’t get away end tickets. Had I got them that would have got me to 11 I think. Even then there were thousands on 11 and about 7k of the 10k tickets the SFA had, went to those with 12. 

might be wrong, but that was my take 

You're right. 

I think our allocations are pretty decent though. I certainly wasn't expecting the SSC to get over 10k tickets for each game. 

22 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You're right. 

I think our allocations are pretty decent though. I certainly wasn't expecting the SSC to get over 10k tickets for each game. 

Agree with that. I just understand how the touts have endless amounts of tickets? That was from the 1st ballot. Sure they even more now…

don’t know how the tout model works. Did they pay people to get tickets and buy them at premium for ongoing sale at a further hike? Genuinely, nae idea how it works. 
anyway, still going to Germany in thr posh scooby doo van..

1 hour ago, donswin1983 said:

Makes you think, mate. Probably, like others, I know stacks of people that applied for Scotland tickets through both ballots and others that basically applied for tickets for every game. Of c25 people, I know of 1 loon that got a ticket for a shit looking group game.

Yet, per my post a couple of months  ago, I know through someone else a tout who has an endless fucking supply. 

‘‘I can’t do anymore than 3 seats together for a Scotland game, but I can do blocks of 3 in different areas’

Something is fucked somewhere. Reeks of hunnery.

I think the majority of folk applied for the fans first tickets, which was a pointless exercise. Massively oversubscribed.

I put my name down for about 5 games in total cat 2 or higher and got two games, 1 being Scotland v Switzerland - Prime Tickets.

Just now, Geoff_Tipps said:

I think the majority of folk applied for the fans first tickets, which was a pointless exercise. Massively oversubscribed.

I put my name down for about 5 games in total cat 2 or higher and got two games, 1 being Scotland v Switzerland - Prime Tickets.

Good on you, min! Despite the fact I’ve got fuck all, it’s good to hear that some Dandies did get.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, alscotoz said:

What are these fan zones like?

Excellent, full of Scotland fans drinking big jugs of beer while being lairy and loud, copious amounts of fun and frivolity to be had as far as the eye can see.cannot wait.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Russell said:

Looking forward to some real football this summer. Copa America quarter final tickets for winner Group D versus runner Group C, likely Brazil vs USA/Uruguay. Vamos!

Be decent. 

Start of the season is usually grim with all the international breaks but I could fair go one now. 

concentrate on the euros and copa America then regroup for Aberdeens Scottish championship assault under the gaffer Robbie Neilson next season 

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Be decent. 

Start of the season is usually grim with all the international breaks but I could fair go one now. 

concentrate on the euros and copa America then regroup for Aberdeens Scottish championship assault under the gaffer Robbie Neilson next season 

Already looking forward to Sokler running riot in the league cup group stages 👍

4 hours ago, Russell said:

Looking forward to some real football this summer. Copa America quarter final tickets for winner Group D versus runner Group C, likely Brazil vs USA/Uruguay. Vamos!

Yeah, that tournament is shaping up to be amazing. It's on Viaplay, btw.

Last time they held this 16-team format of Copa in 2016, the Centenary of Copa, Chile won it, having won the 2015 "normal" Copa. Not a great set of players, but they had great managers, Jorge Sampaoli and Juan Antonio Pizzi - Argentines, too!

Ecuador and Colombia have great sides at present, Colombia especially, they are rampaging through the World Cup qualifiers. Always had a soft spot for Colombia due to Higuita and Valderrama, what a passer he was!

• 3 weeks later...