Robsonball

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

We absolutely had to appoint Robson. You couldn’t not appoint him with that record. If we went for someone else and he wasn’t absolutely flying there would be constant “what if” questions. 

goodwin and glass however were baffling appointments 

We absolutely did not have to appoint Robson. We could just have easily thanked him for his work and sent him on his way. If the FMB had any balls they would've done so. Instead, we fans were exposed to another experiment. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Studebaker-90 said:

See what’s actually mad, players not playing for their manager. A complete fucking nonsense. Have they got no professional pride in what they do? Quite happy to look absolutely shite to get somebody they don’t like sacked. Modern day fags. 

Haha always thought this 

everyone hates their boss but you work for your own integrity (not that I ever get out of second gear) 

Sports people are very weird. Needing a motivating talk from your boss to get a good days work in 😂

5 hours ago, CCB III said:

9 points behind 4th place, with 2 in hand. 

He's not going anywhere. 

Correct. The board have zero plans to sack him as it stands, especially with a kind fixture list. They think it’s about holding firm against a disgruntled support.

They’d only consider sacking him once season ticket renewals come up. 

Saturday could be season defining though. If we lost to hearts we’d be 13 points behind 3rd.

2 hours ago, RUL said:

Correct. The board have zero plans to sack him as it stands, especially with a kind fixture list. They think it’s about holding firm against a disgruntled support.

They’d only consider sacking him once season ticket renewals come up. 

Saturday could be season defining though. If we lost to hearts we’d be 13 points behind 3rd.

Magic stuff. 

Robson took an awful season last year, and made it into a palatable one.

We still suffered our worst ever result in amongst that same season. It wasn't "good" by any stretch. We clawed our way up an embarrassingly bad league. 

At the time, it did seem like he couldn't not be given the job, and many fans were adamant it should be his. 

But, that's irrelevant. It's irrelevant what fans wanted with regards to the appointment. Fans are fickle, they pay their money, and want to be pleased. They were pleased at the time, so Robson had to stay. 

The reason guys like Gunn and Burrows take home fat wages from the club is to make big decisions without undue influence from supporters. They've fucked this up. In Gunn's case, for at least the second time. I get the impression they couldn't ignore the outside noise, which is to their fault.

They are paid to make the big decisions, and they've fucked it. 

6 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

We absolutely did not have to appoint Robson. We could just have easily thanked him for his work and sent him on his way. If the FMB had any balls they would've done so. Instead, we fans were exposed to another experiment. 

First team coaching role seemed like a no brainer. Promotion deserved but not Manager. Most important role at the club and it's time the FMB stopped pricking about with it.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

See what’s actually mad, players not playing for their manager. A complete fucking nonsense. Have they got no professional pride in what they do? Quite happy to look absolutely shite to get somebody they don’t like sacked. Modern day fags. 

Totally agree. Never was an issue years ago that players would not play for their manager. Players get big money and longer contracts- a legacy of the Bosman ruling. Players think they can down tools , get the manager sacked and then pick it up again when the new manager comes in. Rashford and Martial are high profile examples of that. Do not think it is happening at Pittodrie yet but there were some worrying signs last night.

10 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

With the emotions after the game you end up thinking there is no chance he gets kept on.

Wake up this morning and you know he’s safe. Brutal.

It’s still early business hours are 9-5 ,I’m expecting the dreaded board supports Robson statement first tho before he actually gets the bullet 

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

I don't think there's been enough pressure put on to get him the sack by fans.

Social media platforms, despite folk saying 'get him to fuck' I think it's been quite tame.

It’s because it’s nae going to happen regardless. This lot didn’t sack a manager after getting beat by Darvel.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Baaaaa heid said:

That’s what normally comes before the axe is wielded or do you think they will wait till after the final depending on the result before they release a statement 

They won’t do fuck all. 3 years in a row we’ve been in the same sort of situation at roughly the same sort of time. The previous two they strung it out as long as possible. They’ll do the same. 

13 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I don't think there's been enough pressure put on to get him the sack by fans.

Social media platforms, despite folk saying 'get him to fuck' I think it's been quite tame.

Aye you're right. But there shouldn't have to be. Cormack and Burrows shouldn't be just waiting to see how toxic it gets.  

That's reactive and suggests they don't know what they're doing.

Only way the board will take notice of the feelings of the fans is if we vote with our feet. Don’t go on Saturday. A sub 10k crowd for a Saturday afternoon game against Hearts will show them the fans are at the stage of having enough, 

Im not going, arsed sitting in the cold for 2 hours watching us getting beat again (which we will).

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Aye you're right. But there shouldn't have to be. Cormack and Burrows shouldn't be just waiting to see how toxic it gets.  

That's reactive and suggests they don't know what they're doing.

They clearly don’t. 

The very fact Robson is still an Aberdeen FC employee tells you that.

I can’t wait until this cup final is done & out the way.

It’s stopping them doing the right thing & moving the club forward.

8 hours ago, CCB III said:

9 points behind 4th place, with 2 in hand. 

He's not going anywhere. 

while factually correct i have no idea watching the team where everybody thinks we will be able to claw back 9 points, we have 13 points from 14 games!! with just 2 wins from 12 games, I doubt we will be in the top half of the table come the split. I can only see the usual tactics in the cup final of a negative display resulting in a narrow loss. It's inevitable Robson will be sacked just a matter of timing so why not now???

• Upvote 1
Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

They clearly don’t. 

The very fact Robson is still an Aberdeen FC employee tells you that.

I can’t wait until this cup final is done & out the way.

It’s stopping them doing the right thing & moving the club forward.

It’s ruining the final. It would be great to win the cup but a few days later reality would set in that we are stuck with him for the season. 

2 minutes ago, RedForever said:

while factually correct i have no idea watching the team where everybody thinks we will be able to claw back 9 points, we have 13 points from 14 games!! with just 2 wins from 12 games, I doubt we will be in the top half of the table come the split. I can only see the usual tactics in the cup final of a negative display resulting in a narrow loss. It's inevitable Robson will be sacked just a matter of timing so why not now???

No, I don't think we'll claw it back. 

The board have a high threshold for what constitutes a sacking. 

3 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Only way the board will take notice of the feelings of the fans is if we vote with our feet. Don’t go on Saturday. A sub 10k crowd for a Saturday afternoon game against Hearts will show them the fans are at the stage of having enough, 

Im not going, arsed sitting in the cold for 2 hours watching us getting beat again (which we will).

Agree. 

Being frustrated on social media won't make a blind bit of difference. Empvy seats is the only thing that will make Cormack take any notice. 

Not going will also help with your sanity so its a win/win. 

• Upvote 1