Robsonball

10 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

In fact, 13 points after his opening 13 games is the worst any of the past six Aberdeen bosses have had in their last season at the club - Jim Goodwin (22), Stephen Glass (15), Derek McInnes (26), Craig Brown (21) and Mark McGhee (18).

That alone should be enough to confirm he’s simply not up to the job in the slightest 

Even MM managed 18 points from first 13 games. Not much difference between his 0-9 loss with 10 men & BR’s 0-6 

Fkn enough flogging of this dead fkn horse. Bin him ffs

He's just copied my numbers from earlier in the thread

6 hours ago, BrisDon said:

I think that’s MM’s first season not his second (and last)?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010–11_Aberdeen_F.C._season

After 13 games we had 10 pts and didn’t won’t any more points til our 17th game (pretty sure he’d been sacked by then).

We also had an identical WDL record after 13 in Brown’s first season. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_Aberdeen_F.C._season

I did a quick calculation based on the AFC Heritage site but the point still stands - Robson's total of 13 from the first 13 games this season are atrocious, especially when compared to recent incumbents who are considered amongst the worst managers we've ever had. 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Very good Ernie, we've got a much better squad this season, we spent over 2.5m to get this squad yet we only have 13 points from 13 games, if you find that acceptable then you really have the team you deserve.

Last season means fuck all now, you don't keep persisting with a manager who is failing, especially when it's clear he can't change things just because he got 3rd last season. 

He's continued with the same defence in most games and we keep shipping goals, we've been embarrassed at Killie and Hearts this season, shocking performances at Livi and St Mirren too not to mention St Johnstone at home but aye lets ignore that cos we luckboxed an easy path to a cup final.

Have we got a much better squad?Open to debate I suppose.Personally I would have Pollock Scales &Ramadani back.Mcgrath has been a good signing but who else has improved the team?Then again we made £3 from the sales of Mcrorie and Ramadani.

11 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Have we got a much better squad?Open to debate I suppose.Personally I would have Pollock Scales &Ramadani back.Mcgrath has been a good signing but who else has improved the team?Then again we made £3 from the sales of Mcrorie and Ramadani.

It doesn't matter who we have or don't have, as long as that useless cunt is the manager, we'll continue to be shite, open your eyes you maniac. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, minijc said:

Very good Ernie, we've got a much better squad this season, we spent over 2.5m to get this squad yet we only have 13 points from 13 games, if you find that acceptable then you really have the team you deserve.

Last season means fuck all now, you don't keep persisting with a manager who is failing, especially when it's clear he can't change things just because he got 3rd last season. 

He's continued with the same defence in most games and we keep shipping goals, we've been embarrassed at Killie and Hearts this season, shocking performances at Livi and St Mirren too not to mention St Johnstone at home but aye lets ignore that cos we luckboxed an easy path to a cup final.

Good post.

@ERNIEWe were also dog shit for most of last season, getting 3rd with one of the lowest points totals, so we should never be comparing ourselves to that, we should have higher standards in the circumstances (budget, quality of player etc)

11 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

There was a decent article in today's p& j by Duncan Shearer who seems to share my maniacal views..

Oh that's it then, Duncan Shearer think Robson is good so lets just stick with him, that's Shearer who last worked in football at a decent level almost 20 years ago, brilliant stuff.

13 minutes ago, minijc said:

Oh that's it then, Duncan Shearer think Robson is good so lets just stick with him, that's Shearer who last worked in football at a decent level almost 20 years ago, brilliant stuff.

When did you last work in football?Shearer was just saying to give the guy a chance.

4 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

When did you last work in football?Shearer was just saying to give the guy a chance.

I'm a fan of the club, it doesn't matter if I've worked in football, would it change your opinion on Robson if I had the same coaching badges as him?  No it wouldn't and it shouldn't, I'd say it's pretty fucking desperate if you have to sight Duncan Shearer as support for keeping Robson.

3 hours ago, slippers said:

What does he need to do for your mind to change Ernie. Say we lose to Killie you still on board? Lose to hearts too, you still on board? 

He's on board all the way to the Championship.

We got 3rd place last season don't you know!

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, ERNIE said:

Obviously you would take those players back, that's why they are playing at a higher level than us now. We have reinvested in the squad on a lot of foreign imports, which fans were crying out for all during the McInnes era. I actually think the recruitment has been very good overall, considering industry standard is a 50% success rate. The issue is probably the manager, coupled with european football and a tough run of fixtures to start the season. 

Dadia and Williams will go back in January and at least the club haven't signed them permanently as they obviously aren't good enough.

Devlin, McGrath, Gartenmann, Jensen, Clarkson, Shinnie, MacDonald, Sokler, McGarry. Rubezic(getting some stick but I still think he can be a top player) are all good players and the foreign boys will only get better.

Gueye, jury very much out on him but honestly don't think he was as bad as some made out last thursday. 

Out of 13 signings, I think majority would keep 9/10 of them. If we can make the adjustments in January then hopefully the squad will be strong for either Barry or a new manager.

We do desperately need another CDM, we put all our eggs in the Allan Campbell basket before Millwall offered to pay his full wage and then tried to get Baccus last minute. 

55 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

Obviously you would take those players back, that's why they are playing at a higher level than us now. We have reinvested in the squad on a lot of foreign imports, which fans were crying out for all during the McInnes era. I actually think the recruitment has been very good overall, considering industry standard is a 50% success rate. The issue is probably the manager, coupled with european football and a tough run of fixtures to start the season. 

Dadia and Williams will go back in January and at least the club haven't signed them permanently as they obviously aren't good enough.

Devlin, McGrath, Gartenmann, Jensen, Clarkson, Shinnie, MacDonald, Sokler, McGarry. Rubezic(getting some stick but I still think he can be a top player) are all good players and the foreign boys will only get better.

Gueye, jury very much out on him but honestly don't think he was as bad as some made out last thursday. 

Out of 13 signings, I think majority would keep 9/10 of them. If we can make the adjustments in January then hopefully the squad will be strong for either Barry or a new manager.

We do desperately need another CDM, we put all our eggs in the Allan Campbell basket before Millwall offered to pay his full wage and then tried to get Baccus last minute. 

I thought Allan Campbell was just talk on here. Didn’t realise we actually were in for him 

6 hours ago, Roberto said:

Won't be sacked so no point going on about it really.

He's not up to the job but perhaps board think due to positive results against huns under him that we can luck the final and the sack calls subside.

I am doubtful that we will win but never know.

Recruitment in many many areas is a shambles. Beyond a joke.

It's reached a point where people are justifying Rubezic being in the squad cause he's better than Stewart and Taylor... that right there shows where Aberdeen are right now.

I like Rubezic overall but he’s no way better than Taylor was for us. 

Edit: should read the whole thread before commenting. 

6 hours ago, Proud Dandy said:

Good post.

@ERNIEWe were also dog shit for most of last season, getting 3rd with one of the lowest points totals, so we should never be comparing ourselves to that, we should have higher standards in the circumstances (budget, quality of player etc)

Yeah. Folk desperation to cling to the hope that Robson can become a decent manager (he can’t) by using the argument that we were slightly better than Hibs & the complete capitulation of Hearts 🤣 ffs Hearts complete Hibsing of their advantage in league was a shambolic run of results. Just because we scraped a wee run of wins at that same time was great for us but it clearly shouldn’t be used as any kind of barometer for sticking with Robson because his stats ever since securing third have easily offset his good fortune during the Hearts 1986 level’s capitulation