North Sea Tigers.

dervish

Never worked on a rig, but I've heard enough stories of homosex hijinks to know it's a seething cauldron of man on man shitstabbing, and swordfighting in the showers.

Not judging, just highlighting what is a definite fact...so don't get cross with me, O&G benders.

20 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Never worked on a rig, but I've heard enough stories of homosex hijinks to know it's a seething cauldron of man on man shitstabbing, and swordfighting in the showers.

Not judging, just highlighting what is a definite fact...so don't get cross with me, O&G benders.

There's a smattering of ladies now so gang rape is picking up.

Correct permit required of course.

35 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

I mind being on a Sedco semi and the core crew were close to striking because they were going to make the meals healthier and take chips off the menu 

Was funny seeing the big babies greeting

There was a big hoo ha because the industry was struggling and they planned to change the 2/3 to equal 2/2.

Every HSE excuse in the book was rolled out, fatigue, depression, injuries and deaths will start occuring etc etc. 

All the while on the supply boat 20 meters off has a Filipino on a 6 or 4 month rotation with maybe 3 or 4 weeks off before doing it all again.

10 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Where do I apply?

1 hour ago, cheesepipes said:

There was a big hoo ha because the industry was struggling and they planned to change the 2/3 to equal 2/2.

Every HSE excuse in the book was rolled out, fatigue, depression, injuries and deaths will start occuring etc etc. 

All the while on the supply boat 20 meters off has a Filipino on a 6 or 4 month rotation with maybe 3 or 4 weeks off before doing it all again.

Worse for the poor cunts onshore. Year on/ month off for the Indian labour workers. 

All happy as Larry however as long as there’s a phone signal, some sort of cricket wicket on camp and fresh chapatis for breakfast, lunch and tea. 

Been overseas 20 year now. Would rather quit than get an assignment in North Sea. Fuck that. 

6 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Worse for the poor cunts onshore. Year on/ month off for the Indian labour workers. 

All happy as Larry however as long as there’s a phone signal, some sort of cricket wicket on camp and fresh chapatis for breakfast, lunch and tea. 

Been overseas 20 year now. Would rather quit than get an assignment in North Sea. Fuck that. 

Genuine question do you not miss home? I'm a real homebody I'd fucking hate being overseas for months at a time.

2 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Its like highly paid easy national service or jail for mostly illiterate North Easters and geordies/weegies.

Waited on hand and foot offshore, best of grub, moan about everything, nothings ever enough including the good wages. 

Entitled beauts.

Certainly not the best of grub on on the Entier rigs. Sodexo not too bad.

Norweigan rigs are light years ahead. Single man cabins means you wank in peace.

6 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

The problem with the Noggies is that they take issue when you let one off

I did a ripper in the TV room on the Island Constructor. You’d have thought I’d raped a disabled child up the bottom hole, going by their OTT outrage 

+ their survival suits are shite.

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

Is it worth it though? I imagine it as a single man's game.

If you need money, have something constructive to do with your time off and don't get homesick/miss family then it is a brilliant vocation.  You I recently went back to it, after a short hiatus, due to satisfying all three criteria.

Otherwise, you are probably wasting your life and it will likely do your head in.