Scottish Cup - 2023/24

17 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Jonathan Sutherland said on TV the other day "it would be fitting if the 150th Scottish Cup Final was Rangers v Celtic"

The Scottish media summed up in one sentence.

More galling is the fact he’s not a supporter of either & is an Orcadian (I think?)

The older I get the more I dislike everything about football in this country. 

• Upvote 1

• Site Sponsor
19 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Jonathan Sutherland said on TV the other day "it would be fitting if the 150th Scottish Cup Final was Rangers v Celtic"

Impossible.

Rangers FC died in 2012.

Died as in dead, defunct, ceased to exist, are no more, etc

They let their Club die.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Dom Sullivan said:

50:50 allocation rejected. 

(not that we’ll sell them anyway)

Fuck the SFA

50:50 was not rejected by SFA. They stated that Aberdeen and Hearts would have to pay for their 50% allocation even if they did not sell the tickets . Hearts accepted that and  are getting a 50:50 split of tickets. We turned it down so it was us who refused the 50:50 split. I am no fan of the SFA but can understand their logic. Empty seats are loss of income so understand why that condition was made.

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Try 10k the way things are going,

Folk will be put off mainly by the fact we’ll get creamed by the Tims 

15k would be if we were going like Hearts are at the moment. 

The FMB are totally dillusioned requesting a 50/50 split they are so out of touch of current fans feelings right now

I am with Westhill,  be lucky to shift 10K and that's very ambitious 

13 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

So when Hearts said they had to make a really strong case to secure the 50/50, what they mean is that they had to pay money? Fucking hell.

Yes they have committed for paying for their full allocation. I can see the logic of it from the SFA point of view. Unsold tickets is lost revenue to the SFA not the clubs unless they do that.

2 minutes ago, G man said:

Yes they have committed for paying for their full allocation. I can see the logic of it from the SFA point of view. Unsold tickets is lost revenue to the SFA not the clubs unless they do that.

There wouldn't be unsold tickets though, we'd be returning what we didn't sell which would be given to the tims

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

There wouldn't be unsold tickets though, we'd be returning what we didn't sell which would be given to the tims

If we cannot sell a 50:50 allocation we shouldn’t ask for it,rather than rely on others to take up unsold tickets. 

12 minutes ago, G man said:

If it was a 50:50 split for both games all 4 clubs had to commit to sell their allocation, the other 3 clubs agreed we didn’t.

Could have taken them and sold them back to Celtic at a premium. Disappointed that the club aren’t using this sort of out the box thinking.

The SFA blackmailing clubs over ticket sales is unacceptable, and I’d go as far to say even worse than giving one team a reduced allocation while the opposition gets “their” end.

But nothing will happen.

2 minutes ago, dave_min said:

Could have taken them and sold them back to Celtic at a premium. Disappointed that the club aren’t using this sort of out the box thinking.

The SFA blackmailing clubs over ticket sales is unacceptable, and I’d go as far to say even worse than giving one team a reduced allocation while the opposition gets “their” end.

But nothing will happen.

The SFA have just called our bluff to be honest. We could have had the same allocation as Celtic but we turned it down. I am anything but an SFA fan but on this occasion they are right. Those two having “their” end should stop and teams should be allocated the end that goes with being the home or away team as determined by the draw.

15 minutes ago, G man said:

The SFA have just called our bluff to be honest. We could have had the same allocation as Celtic but we turned it down. I am anything but an SFA fan but on this occasion they are right. Those two having “their” end should stop and teams should be allocated the end that goes with being the home or away team as determined by the draw.

They are not right, not even close.

They have traded sporting integrity for their own convenience.

There is no reason we couldn’t be given half then given back most of them in 2 weeks time when we don’t sell them. Celtic would still be able to sell them in that time.

So in reality with Sevco out of Europe the sfa could have waited made the Edinburgh/Glasgow travel on Saturday at 12.30 kick off! Much easier to do and we could have had the Sunday slot and possibly more likely to sell our 50% share. It’s the ridiculous lunchtime kick off that caps numbers 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, The Cockney Don said:

Shinnie will be a massive loss.

Hope it won't be 2011 all over again for the fans, many leaving really early. 

Think i did 80 mins in total(20 + 60) for those two semi-finals.

I believe a 15 year old me endured them, with my only means of getting home the supporters bus I came in on. 

Brutal. 

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

So in reality with Sevco out of Europe the sfa could have waited made the Edinburgh/Glasgow travel on Saturday at 12.30 kick off! Much easier to do and we could have had the Sunday slot and possibly more likely to sell our 50% share. It’s the ridiculous lunchtime kick off that caps numbers 

We are never selling 50% against Celtic at Hampden. I've been to every game we've played them at Hampden since 2011 var the covid SF and we've lost every one. It's approaching double figures. 

This is an occasion where I don't blame supporters not spending their cash to go. 1230 KO in Glasgow, a bunch of players who've chucked it, against a team we have a terrible record against overall, especially at Hampden. 

Played them there 7/8 times since 2011 and failed to take them to extra time even once. 

The people that do go are daft! Unfortunately, I agreed to a space on a bus after last week.

9 minutes ago, CCB III said:

We are never selling 50% against Celtic at Hampden. I've been to every game we've played them at Hampden since 2011 var the covid SF and we've lost every one. It's approaching double figures. 

This is an occasion where I don't blame supporters not spending their cash to go. 1230 KO in Glasgow, a bunch of players who've chucked it, against a team we have a terrible record against overall, especially at Hampden. 

Played them there 7/8 times since 2011 and failed to take them to extra time even once. 

The people that do go are daft! Unfortunately, I agreed to a space on a bus after last week.

2017 final was the sorest. Came so close to beating a good Celtic team. Every player gave absolutely everything and were all dead on their feet after 70 minutes but looked like we might hold on. 

3 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

2017 final was the sorest. Came so close to beating a good Celtic team. Every player gave absolutely everything and were all dead on their feet after 70 minutes but looked like we might hold on. 

The only performance against them I've walked away thinking we actually had a chance. 

Everything else has been hopeful or hopeless. 

6 hours ago, CCB III said:

We definitely won’t sell 50%. We might sell 50%. It should be fairly distributed and we decide this. The sfa should not rig the crowd beforehand. They influence refs and var does not help. It’s a principle thing imo. Even Caley should initially get 50% and they decide what they can achieve. A principle is a principle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

And it is our duty to never let the cunts forget it.

Ever.

Use of “Rangers” & “Old Firm” should result in an instant boot to the bollocks. 

FTHB 

I've noticed a few on here that are highly suspicious. Huns in sheep's clothing as it were. I can't remember what thread it's in or what his nickname is but some twat came out with the myth about Brockville saving us from relegation. Absolutely no way he's a red coming out with an anti-Aberdeen trope like that. 

• Upvote 2