Scottish Cup - 2023/24

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

spacer.png

it might be tedious, but you should never ever tire of reminding the hun cunts. 

You wouldn't trust a thing those papers said if they were spreading anti independence propaganda. 

They ran with headlines. Fuck the Huns and their minker support all day long, but this is tedious as fuck. 

3 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Not true we beat them at Hampden in the 92/93 League Cup semi-final. Remember this guy who scored the winner?

Fair enough. 

We've not beaten them at Hampden in 30 years, then. 😀

Wasn't alive for that one. Merely a sperm in my dads scrote. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, CCB III said:

You wouldn't trust a thing those papers said if they were spreading anti independence propaganda. 

They ran with headlines. Fuck the Huns and their minker support all day long, but this is tedious as fuck. 

I see things quite simply when it comes to insolvency. The moment you can’t pay a face painter and all your players (assets) are free to leave the club is the day you cease to exist. RIP Hun l

31 minutes ago, CCB III said:

The most boring craic on the go.

They are, in effect, the same club. They shouldn't be, but they operate and are accepted by the people who matter as the same entity. What we think about it doesn't matter. 

It's tedious to nitpick about it TBQH. 

No that’s not right. They’re not the same entity that existed and cheated their way to league titles and trophies. That club is dead and you should never let the mutant bastards forget. Despite them feigning nonchalance at it, it really sticks in their craw that every supporter of every other club ridicules them for what happened. No one likes us… they do care. 

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

No that’s not right. They’re not the same entity that existed and cheated their way to league titles and trophies. That club is dead and you should never let the mutant bastards forget. Despite them feigning nonchalance at it, it really sticks in their craw that every supporter of every other club ridicules them for what happened. No one likes us… they do care. 

I believe they died. 

The people who need to believe they did, don't. 

Yes, they are mutant cheating cunts, and if it comes up in convo I don't let it slip. But when you say shit like "the old firm" or "Rangers" and some numpty on here is like THERE IS NO OLD FIRM AND NO RANGERS every fucking time, it becomes annoying. 

1 hour ago, perthshirered said:

Where on earth would you suggest we play the semi if it's not Hampden? 

Same as every other round. Draw it and first name out is at home.

Should only play at Hampden for the final. 

only reason Football associations do it is for the cash. 

45 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I believe they died. 

The people who need to believe they did, don't. 

Yes, they are mutant cheating cunts, and if it comes up in convo I don't let it slip. But when you say shit like "the old firm" or "Rangers" and some numpty on here is like THERE IS NO OLD FIRM AND NO RANGERS every fucking time, it becomes annoying. 

Don’t say it then and you wouldn’t need pulled up 😄

1 hour ago, Shinniesta said:

Not true we beat them at Hampden in the 92/93 League Cup semi-final. Remember this guy who scored the winner?

One of my earliest football memories that. Eoin Jess was my hero since that night. ❤️

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, CCB III said:

Lots made about the travelling support for games like this. 

I see it like so; 

We haven't beaten Celtic at Hampden since the last time we won the Scottish Cup, 34 years ago. 

We've beaten Celtic 3 times in Glasgow in 16 years. 

We've played them at Hampden near enough 10/11/12 times (cba doing the math) in the last 12 years and not once have we even managed to take them to extra time or penalties, like Hearts managed in the 2020 cup final. 

There categorically has not been a club with more trips to Hampden in the last 25 years, and so, so little to show for it. We have a terrible record when it counts at that stadium. We've all made the countless trips in hope and sometimes expectation, only to trudge back up the road after an absolute doing or a late heartbreak. 

Add in the fact it's a 12:30 KO in Glasgow, against a team that will undoubtedly have a huge home advantage, I can see why people aren't arsed about going to this one. 

The fans that are going are the fucking lunatics, IMO. I'm one of the lunatics. 

I do agree though, that the wet wipes crying their eyes out about the cup final in December who are probably not buying tickets for this can fuck all the way off. 

But yeah, since 2016 and the Rangers coming back to the top flight, out of a possible 21 domestic trophies, 19 have been secured by the two Glasgow clubs. 

It's not really a competition in Scotland. But, you'll have an entire sports media tell us it's magic to have a title race and old firm cup finals etc. 

The fans of the 40 other clubs shouldn't indulge if they don't want to. Like I say, the lunatics that do, myself included, are doing it against all logical inclination. 

It's also always better with a small band of fans there. See Rangers semi final LC 2018. 

Agreed.  Any club that takes 10k or more to a game at hampden against either of those two deserves credit when you consider the odds and the referees.  Especially when we can stay home and cheer on the boys on the telly for free and not give the SFA a penny

2 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

They had to apply to join the league after the hilarious death of the original club.

That clearly means the tribute act are exactly that.

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

They had to apply to join the league after the hilarious death of the original club.

That clearly means the tribute act are exactly that.

Also didn't have the right licence to join either or something yet got fast tracked in to "help" the scottish game

• Upvote 1

Plenty time for ticket sales yet. Two factors will either help or hinder i.e. our league form between now and then and who the new manager is if indeed one is installed before the semifinal.

My guesstimate would be we'll take between 12,000 and 15,000. The club must make sure they all get a ticket should we make the final. 

Let's face it no-one is going there with any genuine expectation of victory and Hampden is a thoroughly shite day out. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

To be expected:

We are shite just now

Our record at Hampden v Celtic is awful

Horrendous kick off time 

Hampden is shite

Having said all that, I’ll be there, probably via Shettleston Juniors Club or fitever they are called nowadays. 

Yeah, but a draw against Livingston or Dundee after the appointment of Neil Lennon and we’ll sell another 10k 🤡 

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Plenty time for ticket sales yet. Two factors will either help or hinder i.e. our league form between now and then and who the new manager is if indeed one is installed before the semifinal.

My guesstimate would be we'll take between 12,000 and 15,000. The club must make sure they all get a ticket should we make the final. 

Let's face it no-one is going there with any genuine expectation of victory and Hampden is a thoroughly shite day out. 

12,000-15,000 is extremely optimistic.

If we get to 10,000 I’d be surprised.

- We are shite. 
- Club is a shambles. 
- Disconnect with fans/Board. 
- It’s the Tims - folk expect a horsing. 
- KO time is shite. 
- It’s live on council TV. 
- Hampden is a miserable experience.  
- But mainly, a lot have written this off

Given that, getting to 10,000 would be a decent effort.

Even if we were in Hearts position we’d be in/around 14,000. That’s just what we tend to take for semi-finals. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

12,000-15,000 is extremely optimistic.

If we get to 10,000 I’d be surprised.

- We are shite. 
- Club is a shambles. 
- Disconnect with fans/Board. 
- It’s the Tims - folk expect a horsing. 
- KO time is shite. 
- It’s live on council TV. 
- Hampden is a miserable experience.  
- But mainly, a lot have written this off

Given that, getting to 10,000 would be a decent effort.

Even if we were in Hearts position we’d be in/around 14,000. That’s just what we tend to take for semi-finals. 

Indeed, who’s genuinely waiting on our results v livi and Dundee to decide they are going to a semi final? 

20 hours ago, englishred said:

Agreed.  Any club that takes 10k or more to a game at hampden against either of those two deserves credit when you consider the odds and the referees.  Especially when we can stay home and cheer on the boys on the telly for free and not give the SFA a penny

Any club…. Sort of. I’d be more inclined to go if it wasn’t 3 hours away for a 12.30 kick off. You can’t tell me hearts / hibs would be taking their hampden supports if it wasn’t only 45 mins away instead of 3 hours

• Upvote 1

I don’t get to as many games as I’d like living in Edinburgh, so semi finals aren’t something I’m willing to miss. Having never seen us lift the Scottish cup I want  to be there in the lead up no matter how slim a chance we’ve got. Wouldn’t put it past these shite bags to put on a performance at total odds with our league form 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

I don’t get to as many games as I’d like living in Edinburgh, so semi finals aren’t something I’m willing to miss. Having never seen us lift the Scottish cup I want  to be there in the lead up no matter how slim a chance we’ve got. Wouldn’t put it past these shite bags to put on a performance at total odds with our league form 

As a TopRed - I might be able to get you a ticket for this one