Scottish Cup - 2023/24

3 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

We definitely won’t sell 50%. We might sell 50%. It should be fairly distributed and we decide this. The sfa should not rig the crowd beforehand. They influence refs and var does not help. It’s a principle thing imo. Even Caley should initially get 50% and they decide what they can achieve. A principle is a principle.

I agree with the principle. I just find it hard to care this time. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

We definitely won’t sell 50%. We might sell 50%. It should be fairly distributed and we decide this. The sfa should not rig the crowd beforehand. They influence refs and var does not help. It’s a principle thing imo. Even Caley should initially get 50% and they decide what they can achieve. A principle is a principle.

Totally agree. It makes a complete mockery of a neutral ground. 

I have a bad feeling about this game though. Unless we pick up in form I can see Celtic hitting 5

22 hours ago, dave_min said:

Could have taken them and sold them back to Celtic at a premium. Disappointed that the club aren’t using this sort of out the box thinking.

What makes you think the SFA, Celtic and Scottish media establishment would allow this to happen? We'd be absolutely crucified for this kind of "out of the box thinking."

2 hours ago, redcryptoknight said:

What makes you think the SFA, Celtic and Scottish media establishment would allow this to happen? We'd be absolutely crucified for this kind of "out of the box thinking."

Even more reason to do it

6 minutes ago, dave_min said:

Even more reason to do it

Definitely needs some out of the box thinking.

I’d love to think what would happen at Viaplay HQ were we to offer to scratch the game together with Hearts,  in return  for 3 old farm games, and their supporters loading ours, and hearts coffers for the privilege so we could invest in decent transfer fees and management team. (This is where my argument falls down thinking of Dave and Gunner squaffing it away based on Wyscout and databases)

4 hours ago, dave_min said:

Why not? Be the same tickets that the SFA are selling them.

Police Scotland aren’t exactly renowned for even handedness when it comes to old farm vs non old farm and the influence they have on SFA or something for SFA to hide behind.

SC midweek tie at ibrox a few years back. The one we won 2-0.
AFC: “Can we have around 3000 tickets please” (entitled to approx 10000)

PoliceScotland: No way Jose. It’s ra health and safety so it is, byrrayway bud.

6-7 months on RFC vs the likes of Legia Warsaw / Feyenoord / Bayer Leverkeusen in European action (no shrinking violets) “We’ll need 2-3000 away tickets. Is that possible?”

PoliceScotland: Nae bother, bud. 

That being said….we’ll struggle to shift 10k for this one…..

On 3/15/2024 at 4:35 AM, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

The FMB are totally dillusioned requesting a 50/50 split they are so out of touch of current fans feelings right now

I am with Westhill,  be lucky to shift 10K and that's very ambitious 

So are they like the rest of us or not living in the real world?

Comment on kickback saying he had a Hampden tour.

They explained for cup ties it goes by who is drawn first as the home team, and who away, as to which team gets which dressing room.

Except. The Rangers ALWAYS get the west dressing room. Celtic ALWAYS get east. Regardless of when they were drawn or who they are facing.

Daft example but again shows our entire game is build around those two. Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and everyone else are just the diddy teams they have to play to decide which of them is best in any season.

I'm mostly annoyed at our clubs for not challenging EVERY example of this as us fans would. 

• Upvote 5
1 minute ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Out of interest, have Hearts been offered a 50/50 split? Guessing not.

Again blatant pandering to the Glasgow scum. It's a home game for them, using the excuse "we sell more tickets byraway" is utter pish.

Hearts are getting a 50:50 split as they have accepted they have to sell their full allocation without the chance of returning tickets. Aberdeen were given the same option but turned it down.

On 3/16/2024 at 1:24 PM, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Comment on kickback saying he had a Hampden tour.

They explained for cup ties it goes by who is drawn first as the home team, and who away, as to which team gets which dressing room.

Except. The Rangers ALWAYS get the west dressing room. Celtic ALWAYS get east. Regardless of when they were drawn or who they are facing.

Daft example but again shows our entire game is build around those two. Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and everyone else are just the diddy teams they have to play to decide which of them is best in any season.

I'm mostly annoyed at our clubs for not challenging EVERY example of this as us fans would. 

Totally agree with what you say here. The allocation of “ends” at Hampden should be dependant on who is drawn as the home team. Why the other clubs accept the present system is unbelievable. 

19 minutes ago, G man said:

Totally agree with what you say here. The allocation of “ends” at Hampden should be dependant on who is drawn as the home team. Why the other clubs accept the present system is unbelievable. 

Accept means we would ever have a choice! That’s why voting is 11/1

23 minutes ago, G man said:

Hearts are getting a 50:50 split as they have accepted they have to sell their full allocation without the chance of returning tickets. Aberdeen were given the same option but turned it down.

Where does it say that? I’ve not seen it !

18 hours ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Out of interest, have Hearts been offered a 50/50 split? Guessing not.

Again blatant pandering to the Glasgow scum. It's a home game for them, using the excuse "we sell more tickets byraway" is utter pish.

Yes and they paid for them up front

On 3/19/2024 at 12:49 AM, G man said:

It's not though, is it?