Dundee V Aberdeen (Postponed)

9 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

What will Aberdeen do? Say it's disappointing,  unfair etc etc,

Dundee can't see a problem both will contact the league and do precisely fuck all, it's a members club League, so they CAN  if they want , grip the bastards in about, that what really gets me, 

Derek Adams point about our league isn't far off,  remember there is new European competition in the offing, well why the fuck would any competent, serious , competition want our shower if shite, total fucking red up,  of an excuse of a game anywhere near them.

You reap what you sow, well perhaps certain clubs sowed the seeds of this failed crop, 

But the rest of the clubs have stood idlely by and watched whilst offer no desire or want to step in and salvage things 

Yep, the game we have we most certainly deserve

YJ3-ZI4-XXMSORVYNRGF2-HRRPGIM.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Dundee Football Club are extremely disappointed and frustrated at the decision to call off this afternoon’s match against Aberdeen. The club had monitored the condition of the pitch and were not concerned that the match would be postponed. The weather forecast was also closely monitored and it was to be dry and windy come 2.30pm which it was.

When half of the refereeing team arrived, later than would normally be expected, at the Scot Foam Stadium between 1.40pm and 1.50pm they indicated that they would carry out a full pitch inspection. Following the inspection the referee decided that the game was not going to take place and called the match off.

The club are extremely unhappy with what followed next and the actions of the referee. There was no consultation with Police Scotland, club officials, either manager, the SPFL Delegate, the match commander, the safety team or the grounds team. The decision was announced publicly without giving club officials and Police Scotland the opportunity to manage supporter safety considerations.

Additionally, the SPFL has given clear guidelines that referees should take all steps to get matches on, which include delaying kick-off, as was seen with the match this afternoon at Cove.

The club fully believe that the pitch was playable today and this was then illustrated with the players training on the pitch at 3pm.

The club will be seeking clarity from the SPFL and the SFA regarding protocols and match postponements and in the meantime can only apologise to the supporters of both clubs who have been let down by the very late and unnecessary call-off.

(Image is of Dundee FC players training on the playable pitch at 3pm this afternoon – 23/12/23

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Dundee Football Club are extremely disappointed and frustrated at the decision to call off this afternoon’s match against Aberdeen. The club had monitored the condition of the pitch and were not concerned that the match would be postponed. The weather forecast was also closely monitored and it was to be dry and windy come 2.30pm which it was.

When half of the refereeing team arrived, later than would normally be expected, at the Scot Foam Stadium between 1.40pm and 1.50pm they indicated that they would carry out a full pitch inspection. Following the inspection the referee decided that the game was not going to take place and called the match off.

The club are extremely unhappy with what followed next and the actions of the referee. There was no consultation with Police Scotland, club officials, either manager, the SPFL Delegate, the match commander, the safety team or the grounds team. The decision was announced publicly without giving club officials and Police Scotland the opportunity to manage supporter safety considerations.

Additionally, the SPFL has given clear guidelines that referees should take all steps to get matches on, which include delaying kick-off, as was seen with the match this afternoon at Cove.

The club fully believe that the pitch was playable today and this was then illustrated with the players training on the pitch at 3pm.

The club will be seeking clarity from the SPFL and the SFA regarding protocols and match postponements and in the meantime can only apologise to the supporters of both clubs who have been let down by the very late and unnecessary call-off.

(Image is of Dundee FC players training on the playable pitch at 3pm this afternoon – 23/12/23

Them training on it was clearly so they could have this angle when trying to absolve themselves of blame

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Something stinks here. Usually does in Dundee but for the ref to make that decision, with no pitch check done earlier in the day, and then no consultation with the Old Bill or either club, something isn’t right.

For starters, it’s not the protocol.

So the cunt should be hung out to dry.

He is supposed to exhaust all alternatives:    
- delay KO. 
- take weather forecasts in to account (it was dry & windy from 2.30).   
- consult with clubs/managers. 
- consult with the police. 

David Munro apparently did none of that according to the Dundee spokesman 

For that alone, the SFA should be accountable.

LOL… Like fuck they’ll take any responsibility. 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Them training on it was clearly so they could have this angle when trying to absolve themselves of blame

Or maybe just to get their opinions afterwards on actual conditions to see how much of a stink they want to make about it.

Let’s be honest here. Ref has been a dick in his actions. Could easily have at least given it the ‘half hr delay & reassess’ option but clearly he wanted to get to fk because he forgot to bring a spare pair of socks

21 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

David Munro

He’s on the wireless just now. 
Claimed game off cos of standing water in the goal mouths plus midfield areas. Said he did his pitch check as per normal on arrival. Wasn’t asked by Dundee FC to do an earlier check.

What time are refs usually required to be at the ground by? That’s question number 1.

I’d put the blame firmly in Dundee FC’s lap. They must have known the pitch looked dodgy by 1pm at the very latest and should have contacted one of the 4 match day refereeing team, to do an early check and then got Dundee FC’s ground staff clearing water off it.

7 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

He’s on the wireless just now. 
Claimed game off cos of standing water in the goal mouths plus midfield. Said he did his pitch check as per normal on arrival. Wasn’t asked by Dundee FC to do an earlier check.

I’d put the blame firmly in Dundee FC’s lap. They must have known the pitch looked dodgy by 1pm at the very latest and go the ref, or one of the 4 match day refereeing team, to do a check

Dundee's point is there is nothing wrong with the pitch. Looks like the referee has not followed the protocols when making a decision.

12 minutes ago, Russell said:

Does sound like Dundee were winging it this morning then started to shite it when the ref showed up. 

I think so.

If the ref arrived as per his required time, then not his fault. Maybe the match delegate should have contacted him and got the pitch checked earlier, or Dundee FC should have done so.

Cant believe the Dundee CEO is slopey shouldering it. He’s been asleep at the wheel and failed to get the pitch checked out earlier.

Its Dundee FC that should get hauled over the coals here, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

I think so.

If the ref arrived as per his required time, then not his fault. Maybe the match delegate should have contacted him and got the pitch checked earlier, or Dundee FC should have done.

Cant believe the Dundee CEO is slopey shouldered it. He’s been asleep at the wheel and failed to check in the pitch.

It is his fault if he called it off when

a) the pitch is playable, or

b) the pitch could be made playable by 15:30

It certainly doesn't sound like he made an effort to get the game on.

I was really looking forward to it. My kid's first (non Hampden) away game. Therefore I want someone to blame, and that someone is Mr David Munro.

2 minutes ago, super_al said:

Dundee's point is there is nothing wrong with the pitch. Looks like the referee has not followed the protocols when making a decision.

As much as I'm sure the ref is an incompetent boob I'm not totally buying Dundees position either.  The pictures of the goalmouth at around 2pm looked miserable and not likely to be safe to play on any time soon.  That they were able to do some training on the pitch is neither here nor there (notice their photo of the players training doesn't show the badly effected areas of the pitch).  I'd also say being able to do some training routines and being able to play a competitive match on a pitch are 2 very different things.

Just now, DandyWarhol said:

As much as I'm sure the ref is an incompetent boob I'm not totally buying Dundees position either.  The pictures of the goalmouth at around 2pm looked miserable and not likely to be safe to play on any time soon.  That they were able to do some training on the pitch is neither here nor there (notice their photo of the players training doesn't show the badly effected areas of the pitch).  I'd also say being able to do some training routines and being able to play a competitive match on a pitch are 2 very different things.

Delay it 30 mins, and take the forecast into consideration?

3500 away fans were 'possibly' in Dundee already

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

I think so.

If the ref arrived as per his required time, then not his fault. Maybe the match delegate should have contacted him and got the pitch checked earlier, or Dundee FC should have done so.

Cant believe the Dundee CEO is slopey shouldered it. He’s been asleep at the wheel and failed to check the pitch checked out earlier.

Would assume (especially at this time of year) the ref should be required to be there before 13:50 & not just stroll in & straight to pitch inspection ten mins before the ‘standard’ required 1 hr notice to call game off. 

That only gave himself TEN FKN MINS to make inspection & decision. 
Is that ten mins enough to inspect, check current & forecast weather, consult clubs, police etc.

Not up to clubs to say to ref ‘hey it’s raining, think you should get here at quarter to rather than ten to fkn two’

7 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

It is his fault if he called it off when

a) the pitch is playable, or

b) the pitch could be made playable by 15:30

It certainly doesn't sound like he made an effort to get the game on.

I was really looking forward to it. My kid's first (non Hampden) away game. Therefore I want someone to blame, and that someone is Mr David Munro.

It does look like the goalmouths were waterlogged at 1.50pm but surely, they could have been cleared, and with the favourable forecast, the game went ahead, delayed if needs be.

Something clearly isn’t right here, Dundee are at it, for whatever reason