Dundee V Aberdeen (Postponed)

29 minutes ago, RUL said:

I dunno why ref is getting blame? He decides if pitch is playable and informs others of his decision, it’s not a debate with managers/police if they agree 😂

dundee are clearly mongos if they thought there was no doubt and the lack of effort to clear pitch summed them up. 

He's not

The process he should have followed is

It stinks

Are people actually trying to argue that a wee bit of water in the 6 yard box is somehow a reason for calling a top league game off, and simulteanously saying that it's acceptable to cause  a huge amount of supporters a considerable finacial loss  ????

Of course the pitch was fucking playable. To say it isn't.....as the refetee apparently did (an hour too late).....is incredible pedantry that ignores common sense. Something which is laughably typical of Scottish football these days. 

The day out cost me personally over £100. It cost our supporters club hundreds of £s, which sadly has to be recuped from the people who travelled.

Our game is totally and utterly fucked. It's in the hands of anonymous little shit SFA ermployees who are terrified of a bit drizzle, or who can't adjudicate on VAR properly. 

The likes of David Munro turning from Glasgow (i Presume) and showing himsekf as a coward who knows that he's protected by the SFA, is soooooooooo sadly typical. 

The fans are absolutely, 100% fucked, because that's how Scottish football operates. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

This is supposedly a professional sporting competition arranging matches on grass in the middle of winter. Countless games called off every season due to the pitches and/or travel conditions. If you stop and think about today, it's complete lunacy in the grand scheme of things. Over 3,000 away fans traveling through snow and poor road conditions to get to a game that was called off because of the pitch.

Why do we still follow this pattern of football season? Because we always have?

If it changes I appreciate given the length of the football season, a good portion of games would still be played during months with poorer weather but surely tae fuck we need to find a way to avoid playing matches in December, January and February up here?

Matches will be called off at any time of year, granted but let's try and minimise the games that are postponed.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Are people actually trying to argue that a wee bit of water in the 6 yard box is somehow a reason for calling a top league game off, and simulteanously saying that it's acceptable to cause  a huge amount of supporters a considerable finacial loss  ????

Of course the pitch was fucking playable. To say it isn't.....as the refetee apparently did (an hour too late).....is incredible pedantry that ignores common sense. Something which is laughably typical of Scottish football these days. 

The day out cost me personally over £100. It cost our supporters club hundreds of £s, which sadly has to be recuped from the people who travelled.

Our game is totally and utterly fucked. It's in the hands of anonymous little shit SFA ermployees who are terrified of a bit drizzle, or who can't adjudicate on VAR properly. 

The likes of David Munro turning from Glasgow (i Presume) and showing himsekf as a coward who knows that he's protected by the SFA, is soooooooooo sadly typical. 

The fans are absolutely, 100% fucked, because that's how Scottish football operates. 

I’ve no idea if it was playable as I wasn’t there. However it’s clear there was a doubt, everyone can see that. Dundee are at fault. Nobody else. The referee hasn’t turned up pissed/hungover and decided he couldn’t be arsed. He thought it was unplayable. Who gives a fuck what protocols he followed or didn’t. It’s 2023 Dundee pitch is a fucking disgrace every time it rains there’s issues. The only ones who should be getting into trouble are Dundee. 

that being said I agree with your sentiment. Nobody gives a fuck about the fans.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, RUL said:

I’ve no idea if it was playable as I wasn’t there. However it’s clear there was a doubt, everyone can see that. Dundee are at fault. Nobody else. The referee hasn’t turned up pissed/hungover and decided he couldn’t be arsed. He thought it was unplayable. Who gives a fuck what protocols he followed or didn’t. It’s 2023 Dundee pitch is a fucking disgrace every time it rains there’s issues. The only ones who should be getting into trouble are Dundee. 

'A doubt'.

Why ? Because at 14.00 the ball wouldn't bounce in one 6 yard box ?????

That's the football equivalent of saying that no primary school pupils should ever be given pencils, because pencils are sharp and might be dangerous.  

It's a fucking joke. There's no danger to player safety, no danger to fan safety. What it is, is a wee, tiny minded official using the letter of the law to exert his authority on events.....fuck any consideration for thousands of fans travelling in perfectly fine coinditions, he'll use the protection of the SFA to justify whatever he thinks was his 'right' decision. 

It's a complete sham, based on 'safety first' pish. Yet again we have no transparency in our game, just thousands of fans left standing outside the ground looking up at a clear sky wondering why we can't play 90 minutes of football. 

• Upvote 4
5 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Scotland vs Georgia was played in a monsoon. It was even delayed while about 50 folk brushed the whole park.

Yet our game was called off for a puddle in one box.

It was also inspected at 2pm. They could have easily delayed the game till 4pm and had up to 2 whole hours to clear that problem area. Regardless of if Dundee should have done better with the pitch and organised an inspection for earlier, it was a rash and stupid decision from the referee and the clubs are clearly saying he announced it before they could knock some sense into him.

1 minute ago, huncunts said:

It was also inspected at 2pm. They could have easily delayed the game till 4pm and had up to 2 whole hours to clear that problem area. Regardless of if Dundee should have done better with the pitch and organised an inspection for earlier, it was a rash and stupid decision from the referee and the clubs are clearly saying he announced it before they could knock some sense into him.

Also Dundee said the conditions were worse against Motherwell and the Huns. Lack of consistency from the officials again?

Nope , but turn up, again and again and again,and nothing will change

I've noticed that more of the folk here have worked out exactly what they are worth to clubs and the authorities, 

We are shit on Thier shoe,  but we are the shit that keeps on financing them, so they hold thier noses and put up with us.

Any other commodity or customer of any other businesses would have stopped the flow of sillar years ago,  but we still haven't worked it out, 

Want Change? Then we have to be together and grip the fuckers up, look at COVID , the money stream stopped and they were scrambling for the government hand outs to survive, within weeks , so it can be done quickly , bring them to Thier knees, and since covid and they have that source of income back and they have stuck two fingers up to us.

where it goes from here is up to us, but I suspect it will result in us being still in this shitshow 10 yrs from now 

• Haha 1