Dundee V Aberdeen (Postponed)

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

Nope , but turn up, again and again and again,and nothing will change

I've noticed that more of the folk here have worked out exactly what they are worth to clubs and the authorities, 

We are shit on Thier shoe,  but we are the shit that keeps on financing them, so they hold thier noses and put up with us.

Any other commodity or customer of any other businesses would have stopped the flow of sillar years ago,  but we still haven't worked it out, 

Want Change? Then we have to be together and grip the fuckers up, look at COVID , the money stream stopped and they were scrambling for the government hand outs to survive, within weeks , so it can be done quickly , bring them to Thier knees, and since covid and they have that source of income back and they have stuck two fingers up to us.

where it goes from here is up to us, but I suspect it will result in us being still in this shitshow 10 yrs from now 

maxresdefault-11.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

I've noticed that more of the folk here have worked out exactly what they are worth to clubs and the authorities, 

We are shit on Thier shoe,  but we are the shit that keeps on financing them, so they hold thier noses and put up with us.

Any other commodity or customer of any other businesses would have stopped the flow of sillar years ago,  but we still haven't worked it out, 

Want Change? Then we have to be together and grip the fuckers up, look at COVID , the money stream stopped and they were scrambling for the government hand outs to survive, within weeks , so it can be done quickly , bring them to Thier knees, and since covid and they have that source of income back and they have stuck two fingers up to us.

where it goes from here is up to us, but I suspect it will result in us being still in this shitshow 10 yrs from now 

Needs some bolding ala @GAME OF BILLIONS

12 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Reminds me of the pathetic events of November 1992 when we were playing Partick at Firhill on a Saturday afternoon.

The snow was coming down pretty densely before and through the match, and, at halftime, they sent on only one member of staff with what turned out to be a broken broom to brush the snow away from the pitch lines.

Needless to say, the game got abandoned when we're 2-0 up. However, in the replayed match we smashed them 7-0.

Karma is great at times. 

However, over 30 years on from that game, our game has not progressed in the slightest.

Went to both those games. Not too bothered because lived in Glasgow at the time. If memory serves, people around not too fussed. Day out in Glasgow.

Think what's happened yesterday is amateur hour and feel bad for those that made the effort to attend. Agree that spfl won't give a fuck. It's poor 

5 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Why are there pitches in the SPL that look like 80s Hazelhead? Thats a disgrace. Maybe the sfa need to squeeze more cash out the glasgow 2. Trickle it down to everyone else in the top flight so they can have decent pitches and we can play matches when it rains in Dundee. 

This. There wouldn’t have been any doubt at pittodrie about this game but every time it rains dens looks a total mess. They need to sort it out. 

saw a pic elsewhere for all Dundee claiming pitch was perfect and training they brought out portable goals and played 18 to 18 box. 

11 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

You haver on like a drunk Uncle 

13 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

Also Dundee said the conditions were worse against Motherwell and the Huns. Lack of consistency from the officials again?

As with the VAR shit, it smacks of tiny minded officials who either have no idea....or have forgotten.....what it's like to be a football fan. 

Munro turned up yesterday and ignored any plea for common sense, while hiding behind his blanket SPFL/SFA protection. 

Fuck all transparency, no apology to supporters, nothing. Liker VAR, we're efecctively being fed shite and being told to get on and enjoy it. 

And as an aside, if Dundee had been playing the huns or tims yestrerday and it was live on TV.....does anybody believe that Munro would have turned up one hour before kick off and called the game off ?

Of course not. The groundsmen would have been out working like crazy and the game would have went ahead. 

Cancelling a game should be a last resort. Dundee are at fault for not alerting referee to come early. What did they do to ensure pitch was ready. From DFC communication groundsman checked at 10 and said pitch would be fine. Did anyone check the state of the pitch between then and referee arriving, at least clear the puddle in the goal mouth. Within minutes of game being called off rain stopped and it was pretty windy.

Had Dundee ground staff been more proactive clearing water off the pitch and spiking it before the ref arrived it could possibly have gone ahead . Also would expect more effort than one guy with a squeegee . Was the option of a delayed kick off even considered ? We need to know. I remember a couple of years ago Livingston vs Dundee United was called off at short notice and everyone said we need to make sure this does not happen again. Weather on Saturday was a typical December day nothing unusual so Dundee should be held accountable and SPFL need a clear system for pitch inspections. 

I want our club to pursue this so barring freak weather conditions this does not happen again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Went to both those games. Not too bothered because lived in Glasgow at the time. If memory serves, people around not too fussed. Day out in Glasgow.

Think what's happened yesterday is amateur hour and feel bad for those that made the effort to attend. Agree that spfl won't give a fuck. It's poor 

Spot on you making the effort to attend those games in such inclement weather.👍

I couldn't have put it better myself min. It was totally and unacceptably amateurish what happened yesterday. 

Have yet to hear a cheap from that big useless oaf Neil Doncaster about it. However, I doubt any of us are holding our breath waiting for his input. He doesn't give two fucks about AFC nor DFC.

1 hour ago, davierobb said:

I remember a couple of years ago Livingston vs Dundee United was called off at short notice and everyone said we need to make sure this does not happen again. Weather on Saturday was a typical December day nothing unusual so Dundee should be held accountable and SPFL need a clear system for pitch inspections. 

Livingston used to have a problem with one corner of their pitch flooding so that's part of the reason why they moved to a plastic pitch. A postponed game for a club like Livi or Dundee is a nightmare as they then can have cash flow issues.

Fair play to Dundee for calling out the officials and their late arrival and their failure to communicate with them or consult any team. 

Dundee also pointing out that the forecast was to improve and dry up as the afternoon went on. I suspect that they trained on the pitch to prove a point. Once again there will be no sanctions or action taken against the lazy officials.

On 12/23/2023 at 3:09 PM, Ten Caat said:

Dundee general manager on the tranny.......ref did not consult with either managers or the police, made decision purely by himself. Dundee believe the pitch was playable and confirm they are complaining to both the league and SFA

If a games called off  on the Saturday.  There should be an early pitch inspection on the Sunday if ok play the game on the Sunday. 

7 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Aye, that’s the one I’m thinking of.I was definitely at the snowed off game . I mind then giving out vouchers willy nilly to get in for the rearranged fixture. 

I hope you managed to go to the rearranged game. Standing in bliss in the rickety away terrace, watching AFC give an absolute hammering to the number 1 team in Glasgow.

2 minutes ago, dave_min said:

Good news. Dons fans love to bang on about games in Gothenburg for fucking ages.

Quite rightly as well.

Although  it has never always been the venue of happiness. 

We never got the desired away goal, and drew or won, against IFK in the EC in 1986 that would have took us through to the semi finals. Ekstrom's last minute equaliser at Pittodrie still grates yet.