Ross County 0 - 3 Aberdeen

9 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

We've been here before, we demolished Motherwell by keeping the ball on the deck and I thought we had maybe turned a corner however we all know that for whatever reason, Robson went back to his hoofball tactics.

I reckon Cormack has had a word with him this time after the grief he was getting on twitter the other night

Looked strong and mostly comfortable at the back. Just a relief to see a back 4...3 can work at times (Frankfurt or Paok away, ibrox?) but look so much better /stronger as a team in a 4. Mixed it up well...yasssssss 

14 points behind Hearts though with 3 games in hand 

Barry will want to play County every week. Unfortunately both he and county should be in the highland league. 
better display when he lets the creative players go forward.

sorry Barry this only prolongs the inevitable..

Cormack the balls back in your court .  now we have a winter break to take the necessary action.

• Upvote 1

Great result but the question remains, could we do it against Morecambe on a Tuesday night in January 🤔

On the radio, all John Robertson was saying was how the shift in formation to a back four made us look far more comfortable as a team.

Robson, please take note and don't revert to back 5 for the next game 👍 your job just may depend on it.

10 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

I reckon Cormack has had a word with him this time after the grief he was getting on twitter the other night

If Cormack has told him to play that formation and system the cunt has more right to be in the dugout than that simpleton Robson

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Not saying it was the correct decision, but it was obviously the decision he made initially.

Aye ok! So when I’m saying it was a straight red, coz I think he made no effort to play the ball, I’m wrong? It doesn’t matter if he was inside the box or not, if he just assaults him! 
Anyway! It matters not. Excellent performance today 

5 minutes ago, englishred said:

Missed the game today will have to watch it or highlights later. Does this just paper over the cracks? 

Similar to the Motherwell game. Opposition were terrible and we played much better as we got the ball on the deck and utilised our most creative players well.

I highly doubt it will be a turning point though but who knows 

• Upvote 2

Outstanding performance. Midfield were excellent Barron, polvara, McGrath, Clarkson and Shinnie were very effective. Helped giving the defence a very comfortable afternoon. Passing was crisp and plenty of options to pass to. It was never rocket science. It's more effective to pass instead of hopeful punts.

Who knew, our players are capable of playing decent football. 

Who knew, our defence can keep a clean sheet when there's only a measly FOUR of them.

Who knew, Clarkson is better utilised further up the park.

Absolutely delighted with that performance and result. Bossed it (remarkably with less possession), took our chances and gave Bruce Roos a quiet game.

The icing on the cake would be this in the post match interview;

"I hold my hands up. I've been getting it wrong, I haven't been trusting my players but they've taught me a lesson today and I'll never play a back 5 again. Furthermore I will now be consulting the fans every week to help with team selection because they clearly know more than I do"

But that won't happen, so:

Robson out 😄 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, englishred said:

Missed the game today will have to watch it or highlights later. Does this just paper over the cracks? 

Watch it! Dons were good! Admittedly, they’re awful, but the whole shape of the team was so much better! Would have been a handful for any team in the league playing like that.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Aye ok! So when I’m saying it was a straight red, coz I think he made no effort to play the ball, I’m wrong? It doesn’t matter if he was inside the box or not, if he just assaults him! 
Anyway! It matters not. Excellent performance today 

I'd agree a straight red even with a penalty could have been the correct decision as I'm not sure he made an attempt for the ball.

But, after VAR intervened you blatantly saw the ref rescind the second yellow and make it a straight red.  Therefore it was obvious what his initial decision was.

A good win and fuck the huns. Have a good evening.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Adogcalledspot said:

Barry will want to play County every week. Unfortunately both he and county should be in the highland league. 
better display when he lets the creative players go forward.

sorry Barry this only prolongs the inevitable..

Cormack the balls back in your court .  now we have a winter break to take the necessary action.

It’s been winter for the last 2 months Cormack has been in hibernation  like polar bears.   Robson will never find his way out of his snow cave. 

Just now, donswin1983 said:

Watch it! Dons were good! Admittedly, they’re awful, but the whole shape of the team was so much better! Would have been a handful for any team in the league playing like that.

Certainly the best formation and team selection with , in my opinion ,one change- would play Jensen rather than Gartenmann.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Think we will have to beat them at Tynecastle to have any real chance. On top of winning all our games in hand.

So yeah, a long shot 

Absolutely is a long shot, but don't rule out the standard hearts collapse later on the season.

3 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

They are awful, but so are most teams in the league.  Then factor in our position in the table.

Robson out.