Players without a club

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I'm not convinced we can wait on the new manager for all the signings we need.

This is the downside of appointing Warnock

There are numerous players going out of contract in the summer and available to sign pre-contracts right now but I can't see any doing so with us as they'd have no guarantees that whoever comes in as manager in the summer will actually rate/want them.

We have an urgent requirement for a new 'keeper for next season and beyond but I fear we will miss out on the best of them because of our current situation

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

There are numerous players going out of contract in the summer and available to sign pre-contracts right now but I can't see any doing so with us as they'd have no guarantees that whoever comes in as manager in the summer will actually rate/want them.

We have an urgent requirement for a new 'keeper for next season and beyond but I fear we will miss out on the best of them because of our current situation

We don’t tend to sign players on pre contracts in advance, tend just to pick them up in the summer 

With a proper functioning football operation in place, we could quite easily sign players for next season, without the permanent manager being in place. However……..

I tend to believe players (ones at our level anyway) don’t really care that much about managerial uncertainty; it’s the figure at the bottom of their contract that they care more about.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I agree that the likes of a Nicky Devlin picking between Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts might care who the manager is but a lot of the foreign players probably wont care and likely happy to discuss with DoF and HoF

On 2/12/2024 at 11:08 AM, sooth_stander said:

With a proper functioning football operation in place, we could quite easily sign players for next season, without the permanent manager being in place. However……..

I tend to believe players (ones at our level anyway) don’t really care that much about managerial uncertainty; it’s the figure at the bottom of their contract that they care more about.

The whole point in our set up is surely that player recruitment can happen around a manager being in place.

Lets hope that Badlan guy hits the ground running. We need him to...

28 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Tom Ritchie out on loan to Buckie Thistle. 

Too soon to throw out some wild speculation that means we'll bring in another keeper until the end of the season?

Someone posted earlier today that they'd heard a rumour of us going to sign a new 'keeper from the free agents list. Whether or not the rumour has any veracity I don't know

3 hours ago, Willo flood said:

Junior Holiett come on down

Last played in November as sub for Canada in Concacaf games, mainly sub at Vancouver for tail end of MLS season from September after leaving Reading at end of last season doesn't suggest he'd be match fit for a bit

1 minute ago, RDS said:

Last played in November as sub for Canada in Conacaf games, mainly sub at Vancouver for tail end of MLS season from September after leaving Reading at end of last season doesn't suggest he'd be match fit for a bit

Doesn’t really need to be, an unfit Hoilett will still be an improvement on Hayes and Morris

36 minutes ago, RDS said:

Last played in November as sub for Canada in Concacaf games, mainly sub at Vancouver for tail end of MLS season from September after leaving Reading at end of last season doesn't suggest he'd be match fit for a bit

Unfortunately it’s that or persevere with Morris on the wing since our incompetent board didn’t feel it necessary to change the manager in time to do anything in the transfer window