This is a strange appointment for me. He's best known for teams that get the ball wide and chuck crosses into the box. How's that going to work with what we've got? If he is doing this I also don't want him wandering up north a couple of days a week and treating the post as a bit of a lark to manage a team against the ugly sisters. Won't be impressed either if he is in place for the hun game and he starts waxing lyrical about them after the match. Hope it works out and all that obviously, just not convinced.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2

5 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I can’t believe how many folk are referencing costing hearts as the reason to want to win the Scottish cup. Seen it about 10 times. 

Hearts are the absolute last thing on my mind if I ever get to see the Scottish cup with red and white ribbons on it. 

did everyone really enjoy watching us shit ourselves against hacken, paok and pathetically labour against Helsinki that much?? It wasn’t that great. But the dons winning the Scottish cup?!  Unthinkable erection

I dont know about anyone else, but when Hearts suffer at our hands, it fills me with unbridled joy. Perhaps being older and having seen the cunts falter at our doing makes it all the more special. Dont get me wrong, I want us to win the SC regardless of Hearts... it just makes it funnier. 

Try and lighten up a bit... it was just a bit of jest in an otherwise forgetful season. 

4 minutes ago, Jigsaw666 said:

This is a strange appointment for me. He's best known for teams that get the ball wide and chuck crosses into the box. How's that going to work with what we've got? If he is doing this I also don't want him wandering up north a couple of days a week and treating the post as a bit of a lark to manage a team against the ugly sisters. Won't be impressed either if he is in place for the hun game and he starts waxing lyrical about them after the match. Hope it works out and all that obviously, just not convinced.

I feel the best way to approach any managerial appointment is to create a lot of negative hypotheticals to get oneself raging.

• Haha 2
Just now, S2RDS said:

I dont know about anyone else, but when Hearts suffer at our hands, it fills me with unbridled joy. Perhaps being older and having seen the cunts falter at our doing makes it all the more special. Dont get me wrong, I want us to win the SC regardless of Hearts... it just makes it funnier. 

Try and lighten up a bit... it was just a bit of jest in an otherwise forgetful season. 

Sorry it wasn’t entirely aimed at you I have just seen so many people reference it. I have no memory of Aberdeen winning the Scottish cup and have only got a memory of as many as 2 finals and I’m no spring chicken. We are horrendous in it. I think I have developed a Scottish cup obsession as a result 

21 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

I see Kenny Miller thinks Warnock as interim is a shite idea so that's me sold on it being the best idea ever

I heard that on the radio.  Dumbass kept going on about it being short-sighted and not looking long term.

He's supposed to be short term you fucking clown.  The reason behind us bringing him in is so the club has some breathing space to do some long term thinking about the club structure and make the correct long term appointment when we/they are ready.

• Upvote 3
Just now, RabidGiraffe said:

I heard that on the radio.  Dumbass kept going on about it being short-sighted and not looking long term.

He's supposed to be short term you fucking clown.  The reason behind us bringing him in is so the club has some breathing space to do some long term thinking about the club structure and make the correct long term appointment when we/they are ready.

Exactly, Cormack deserves credit for this, especially if it involves getting a real director of football in before a new manager.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I can’t believe how many folk are referencing costing hearts as the reason to want to win the Scottish cup. Seen it about 10 times. 

Hearts are the absolute last thing on my mind if I ever get to see the Scottish cup with red and white ribbons on it. 

did everyone really enjoy watching us shit ourselves against hacken, paok and pathetically labour against Helsinki that much?? It wasn’t that great. But the dons winning the Scottish cup?!  Unthinkable erection

Money in the coffers.. that is what europe group stages mean..do that a few years in a row and you can build a talented squad or see hearts/hibs do it

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

We should probably take his advice after his successful stint at player manager at Livi

• Upvote 1

Just before Robson was sacked deep down I think we all knew we would win the grand sum of fuck all this season. We might still win fuck all but I’m now looking forward to see the change Warnock might bring, I’ve a bit of optimism I didn’t have before that at least we will go out and compete. Still sack the board like.

1 minute ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

We should probably take his advice after his successful stint at player manager at Livi

Kenny Miller, Lee Miller & Michael Stewart were all as bad as each other. Couldn't understand Warnock's appointment because we're not in a relegation fight and we'll make top six no matter who's in charge. How about because we have more than top six to play for in the league and a Scottish Cup to win?

Michael Stewart also had issue with the appointment because of the question around what happens if the interim manager's a huge success, as there'd be calls to appoint him on a perm basis. But that would be true of any interim manager, so didn't get his point.

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

He's just more concerned that a new manager bounce might upset his title race on Tuesday and hopefully it does.  

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Kenny Miller, Lee Miller & Michael Stewart were all as bad as each other. Couldn't understand Warnock's appointment because we're not in a relegation fight and we'll make top six no matter who's in charge. How about because we have more than top six to play for in the league and a Scottish Cup to win?

Michael Stewart also had issue with the appointment because of the question around what happens if the interim manager's a huge success, as there'd be calls to appoint him on a perm basis. But that would be true of any interim manager, so didn't get his point.

The appointment is a risk as is any manager appointment,  Warnock is going to the unknown a bit as we are a midtable team but at the same time this is probably his last gig and the best chance he will have had at winning a cup,  I'm on board as i will back who ever is in charge as long as they get the appointment right in the summer

33 minutes ago, Jigsaw666 said:

As long as he doesn't say they are a proper side, and says we have no right to dominate them .

Oh and I can't see him putting up with that loving cup shite, 

3 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/neil-warnock-spotted-aberdeen-airport-28569331

That's a reincarnation of Rutger Hauer, nae Neil Warnock.:checkit:

"Reports have been rife over the past two days that Warnock would be in the hat for the Granite City vacancy, and with many suggesting that he would be on his way to Aberdeen to finalise talks and sign on the dotted line"

A welcome addition to the forum :thehat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

This, 100%.  They were talking as if we should be happy with where we are, without aspiration to get as far up the table as we can and win the cup.

Stewart made some semi-salient points about the people above the manager who make the appointments needing to take a long, hard look at themselves, but that's kinda the point of the whole root and branch review thing and why Warnock has been brought in short term, which they were speaking out against.

Im relaxed about this.

We have nothing to lose, the season was fucked by the last guy and this is an interesting punt to take for the rest of the season.

If nothing else, he brings a bit of profile, which we and Scottish football needs.

• Upvote 3