6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Regardless of your thoughts on whether Warnock is good or bad, the fact we’ve gone for an interim up to May, suggests to me the club lacks foresight & decision making.

Everyone knew Robson was edging to the sack for a month or two.

Yet we don’t appear to have a clue as to who we want, or have any sort of list of potential candidates.

The main positive is that it’s not Neil Lennon. 
Always a silver lining. 

I know Warnock is spikey & competitive by nature, but my concern is that he’s just here for one last six figure pay day & a bit of a jolly to see what Jock football is all about. 

The lack of foresight and decision making are then hidden by the “review” away to take place. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Regardless of your thoughts on whether Warnock is good or bad, the fact we’ve gone for an interim up to May, suggests to me the club lacks foresight & decision making.

Yet we don’t appear to have a clue as to who we want, or have any sort of list of potential candidates.

Always a silver lining. 

I know Warnock is spikey & competitive by nature, but my concern is that he’s just here for one last six figure pay day & a bit of a jolly to see what Jock football is all about. 

Can’t be any worse. And it’s only 4 months to hopefully leave us with European football next season. I think the FMB were begging for Robson to get to that last 10 games which “on paper” are very winnable. But as he proved before he really struggling in the “easier games”. We should be looking to win a bare minimum of 6/11 now. Which would equal our talley from previous 22. Aslong as it is just 4 months. Even if we perform well above expectations it has to be a full time manager in summer and not warnock. Especially  if we still have the same philosophy. Can deal with warnock on short term period but it’s time we appointed along with our philosophy. 

2 minutes ago, Dons21 said:

Got to be a little concerned about his motivation for this. Don’t think it’s in his nature to just to rock up for the pay day though. He will want to achieve something. 

Beat one of the "old firm" at Hampden.

Qualify for europe

Has he done either before?

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

the club lacks foresight & decision making.

I believe that Dave genuinely thought Robson would turn it round, hence not getting rid earlier with any chance for someone to come in and make a signing or two during the window slammed shut.

Warnock gives us the chance to take our time to identify who we want to take over full time.

It could be a rollercoaster ride with him though.

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Beat one of the "old firm" at Hampden.

Qualify for europe

Has he done either before?

Fair point. He’s never really managed at club that have the opportunity to do this. One last hurrah. Bring it on. 

3 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

I believe that Dave genuinely thought Robson would turn it round, hence not getting rid earlier with any chance for someone to come in and make a signing or two during the window slammed shut.

Warnock gives us the chance to take our time to identify who we want to take over full time.

It could be a rollercoaster ride with him though.

I think there's various reasons for Cormack vacillating on Robson, possibly thinking he'd turn it round, probably not wanting to be seen as having fucked up a third appointment in a row, bad advice from a (alleged) FMB that seems to know fuck all about football, etc. 

but to not have contingency plans in place after THREE prior warnings is just mind-boggling.

How many times does this have to happen before Cormack learns his lesson?

Here we are at the FOURTH needed appointment and nada.. nothing.. no contingency whatsoever. 

24 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Always a silver lining. 

Succession planning for the most important position is a given for any competently run organisation 

15 minutes ago, slippers said:

Can’t be any worse. And it’s only 4 months to hopefully leave us with European football next season. I think the FMB were begging for Robson to get to that last 10 games which “on paper” are very winnable. But as he proved before he really struggling in the “easier games”. We should be looking to win a bare minimum of 6/11 now. Which would equal our talley from previous 22. Aslong as it is just 4 months. Even if we perform well above expectations it has to be a full time manager in summer and not warnock. Especially  if we still have the same philosophy. Can deal with warnock on short term period but it’s time we appointed along with our philosophy. 

Have we really sunk that low that ‘can’t be any worse’ is a justification for a managerial appointment?

Just now, Simply Red said:

Be interesting to see what his immediate approach is. 

He knows nothing about the squad or the league. 

Hopefully he doesnt make any hasty decisions with players which we might regret next season. 

How do you know that he knows nothing about the squad or the league?

1 hour ago, Waycross Don said:

Yeah fantastic gesture.

Does seem a great guy - this is funny.  Player he is talking about is way before my time.

Laurent D' Jaffo,  signed by uncle Ebbe, was he not plagued injury to his , back, knees, and just about every other area 

20 minutes ago, starryfish said:

How do you know that he knows nothing about the squad or the league?

Has he managed up here before? Unlikely he spends hours poring over Shinnie's defensive stats - unless Dave C has been sending him spreadsheets. Either way it is a boom or bust appointment, that should give everyone some good entertainment.

6 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Laurent D' Jaffo,  signed by uncle Ebbe, was he not plagued injury to his , back, knees, and just about every other area 

So if that timeline is right we hired Steve Paterson without doing our due diligence and completely ignored Warnock’s application 

Top work, Wiggy 

edit: that can’t be right actually 

15 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Succession planning for the most important position is a given for any competently run organisation 

I recall when Alex Ferguson was manager he once said that as soon as he had signed BA player he immediately started looking for his replacement, 

Surely this would count for clubs when it comes to managers

1 hour ago, Baaaaa heid said:

The question is has he been spotted yet at Greg’s westhill or walking along union street with Cormack showing him the best place to buy rowies 

Just received video of him wheeling his suitcase behind him presumably at ABZ flughafen, thru whatsapp.

• Upvote 1
56 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Always a silver lining. 

I wish him well as ultimately it is in all our interests for him to make it work. I do share your concerns.

• Upvote 1