1 hour ago, alscotoz said:

Completely misunderstanding me. No worries with him being an interim appointment. Why wouldn't I wish him the best?

He's just not the answer long term. And I don't think he has the skills to be a dof. 

Wasn't directed at you specifically, apologies if you read it that way 

2 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Completely misunderstanding me. No worries with him being an interim appointment. Why wouldn't I wish him the best?

He's just not the answer long term. And I don't think he has the skills to be a dof. 

Nobodies saying he's the answer long term 

You're inventing keech

1 hour ago, a don in oz said:

He's not going to be DOF - he doesn't want to be up here long term (and his wife sure doesn't) but he's an interesting pair of hands to see us out to the end of the season. It shows a bit of creative safeness from the board imo to have appointed him. 

He'll get the full backing from me that's for sure. The game at shitsville was a free hit but we'll see how things go in the coming weeks. I'm hoping he can get them inspired to at least get fourth and Europe and a cup would be a blast but given how fucking woeful we are in cups I don't know if a few months of the most inspirational manager in the universe would fix that. We'll see.

Hate the notion that any game is a “Free Hit”. Defeated before we kick a ball with that attitude imo 

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Nobodies saying he's the answer long term 

You're inventing keech

You never know.

If we sneak into Europe,he might phone Sharon and say get the bags packed I'm staying here its brilliant...And wait till you taste their Aberdeen  Rowies sweetheart, you'll love them.😄

9 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

Hate the notion that any game is a “Free Hit”. Defeated before we kick a ball with that attitude imo 

If any game was a free hit for him then the one against Rangers after half a days training session was.
It will not define Colin’s ability to manage this team. 

Every game going ahead against the bigot two should not be viewed as a free hit. That mentality should be eradicated.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

If any game was a free hit for him then the one against Rangers after half a days training session was.
It will not define Colin’s ability to manage this team. 

Every game going ahead against the bigot two should not be viewed as a free hit. That mentality should be eradicated.   

Why does he get called Colin?

46 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

Garbage. It's reality. When you're playing like shit, sitting 8th in the table and facing the second top team at home who are playing well, its a fact that it's going to be tough. You can hope that like the previous game there you halt the slide into shit and win it but it's not the norm when that equation comes to play: in any league in any country with any two teams in those respective positions. 

Plus... he's been in the ground half a minute. He's not exactly going to turn things around that quickly if at all.

• Dildo 1
6 minutes ago, Donstar83 said:

I'm sure someone has said it but I can be arsed reading back, would we want him permanently if he gets us 4th/Scottish cup win? 

Tbf he's old enough to have met Mary 'n' Joe, so maybes it's out our hands 🤚 

Enjoy the terrific bastard whilst he lasts ✌️

• Upvote 2

I genuinely surprised this came to pass.

Its exciting as he is a name and a character.  He has certainly made a good first impression, despite the defeat.

More power to him.

Still seems like short termism, but (despite what I said before about his ability to see out a deal) would he stay 1-2 years, if this period went well?  Has he ever led a team into europe?

I didnt realise he had a home in Scotland (Dunoon) and so his coming here is perhaps not as outlandish as I first thought.

46 minutes ago, Donstar83 said:

I'm sure someone has said it but I can be arsed reading back, would we want him permanently if he gets us 4th/Scottish cup win? 

I've said before that I think it would be difficult to say no if he won us the SC and he then approached Cormack looking to stay next season. I think I could probably accept him for one full season beyond this if that occurred. But 4th in the league by itself...looks improbable anyway right now....I wouldn't be giving him that extra year.

Is this shaping up to be the next thing for some to beat the club with? He does well for us and leaves as planned and as he's stated already so we don't get him as next manager and it becomes "club have no ambition, cormack prawcess sucks blah blah blah" again? 

• Upvote 1

I'm sure his wife, kids and grandchildren would have a massive say if he wanted to stay on. At 75 we are a tremendous gig for him. Short term means he can put in all the effort without fear of the sack if it doesn't work out. That in itself takes huge pressure off an individual. Contrast that with having the added responsibility of rebuilding a team and all the duress that goes with it. End of May, I can hear his missus "Neilly, get your arse back here now"!!!!

2 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

I'm sure his wife, kids and grandchildren would have a massive say if he wanted to stay on. At 75 we are a tremendous gig for him. Short term means he can put in all the effort without fear of the sack if it doesn't work out. That in itself takes huge pressure off an individual. Contrast that with having the added responsibility of rebuilding a team and all the duress that goes with it. End of May, I can hear his missus "Neilly, get your arse back here now"!!!!

He can also put no effort in, without the fear of the sack. He told Cormack let’s have some fun. ?????????.   Let’s hope it’s not a funny day tomorrow, in the cup. AGAIN. 

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

You were right , the useless Youseff Celtic chairman quote disappeared. from my quote. Must have been deleted by Sturgeon or Useless. 

1 minute ago, shooftahmooftah said:

You were right , the useless Youseff Celtic chairman quote disappeared. from my quote. Must have been deleted by Sturgeon or Useless. 

I would imagine the moderators would have been inundated with complaints from the very same  people who share the opposite views. We all know who.

14 hours ago, Donstar83 said:

No. Makes zero sense. Fits the caretaker role to get us to end of season perfectly but dosnt align with our philosophy for long term appointment. Much like Goodwin and Robson come to think of it. Would be an absolute ridiculous decision to keep him on regardless of how well he does.