He’s admitted he made a mistake with the defence and rectified it with good subs. I thought we played well after the initial 30 mins and deserved to win in the end.

Fully expect the same set up against Hibs (from the 30 min mark!) and can see us beating Hibs.

Well done to Duk, he was great last night and looked like he was enjoying himself. Surely he will start on Saturday, would be kick ass to see him and Miovski together again!

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Lolz?

You'd have been one of the ones going apoplectic if Robson had started like that. Formation was wrong from the off and that was on the manager. That cannot be denied. 

I was raging last night watching it. It was a formation that wasn't far away from early Robson.

However, I wasn't wanting Polvara in the defence. Why? Because I've not seen anything from him that implies he could cover as centre half. you seem to have. Whatever it may be...

Just now, DD1903 said:

I was raging last night watching it. It was a formation that wasn't far away from early Robson.

However, I wasn't wanting Polvara in the defence. Why? Because I've not seen anything from him that implies he could cover as centre half. you seem to have. Whatever it may be...

Well we agree on something as I don't want Polvara anywhere near an AFC team. He is inadequate for Scottish football. I agree he may be useful in a league where he has time on the ball and can play passes but in Scotland where he actively shirks challenges, ducks out of the way of the ball and gets brushed aside like a fairy he is a man down.

• Dildo 2

Warnock is what he is - On the plus side he’s managed lots of games, he’s liked by players and the media and will act as a distraction whilst wider things at the club are looked at. On the down side he’s a man that despite managing lots of games, he’s won no major trophies, been relegated every time he’s managed in a top league, implements no long term style of play and usually gets fired a few years in the job.

Given he’s only here for a short while to raise the spirits of the squad, I don’t think it’s the end of the world and think we’ll finish mid-table.

The wider issue is what we do going forward as whilst this season seems to have been written off by most as a laugh, there’s a mess to sort. Players out of contract like Barron have no real idea what the club is trying to do. We’ve  a Director of football who doesn’t seem to be involved in appointing a manager, a CEO who seems to be good at Twitter but thinks someone with 40 years experience of not doing what the club is trying to, is a good appointment.

Assuming we avoid relegation, Warnock will leave on his own terms with my thanks but I hope there’s more leaving with him, and I’d be stunned if our highly paid consultants haven’t realised that needs to happen too by now.

Richard illness forced the change in formation, with the players at his disposal. 

Colin admitted his mistake on 30 minutes and rectified it, ultimately being disappointed with a 3-3 draw.

I reckon that he will ultimately get a consistent tune out of a very unbalanced squad, which is fine by me as long as Cormack gets his act together post the independent review and updates our management structure and appoints a manager equally as experienced as Warnock.

It really is last chance saloon time for Cormack. 

No more ill thought out decisions and no more puppet DOF. 

7 hours ago, Dons21 said:

He’s not going to be blowing gaskets in post match press conferences. I’m sure he’s going through them like a doze behind closed doors.

Why not be jovial? he’s 75 years old & i am sure he’s not going to let Aberdeen finish him off. Sure he’s shocked as to the reality of how bad we actually are. 

One thing for sure though, had that been a Robson team 0-3 down after 25 mins we ain’t getting any result. He tried something, it spectacularly failed. He changed it & we got a point. We move on in the hope he keeps us safe & we get lucky in the cup. That’s all this season is good for now.

Maybe but the last time we played them away and we won 4 2.

• Dildo 2
31 minutes ago, Edinburgh_sheep said:

He’s admitted he made a mistake with the defence and rectified it with good subs. I thought we played well after the initial 30 mins and deserved to win in the end.

Fully expect the same set up against Hibs (from the 30 min mark!) and can see us beating Hibs.

Well done to Duk, he was great last night and looked like he was enjoying himself. Surely he will start on Saturday, would be kick ass to see him and Miovski together again!

There’s absolutely nothing in that performance that suggests we will beat hibs.

7 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Richard illness forced the change in formation, with the players at his disposal. 

Colin admitted his mistake on 30 minutes and rectified it, ultimately being disappointed with a 3-3 draw.

I reckon that he will ultimately get a consistent tune out of a very unbalanced squad, which is fine by me as long as Cormack gets his act together post the independent review and updates our management structure and appoints a manager equally as experienced as Warnock.

It really is last chance saloon time for Cormack. 

No more ill thought out decisions and no more puppet DOF. 

That team set up was crazy. Everyone knew it. It shouldn’t have happened. What use is experience if you’ve not got a clue at warnock age?

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Surely could've played a back 4 with Milne at RB and Devlin at CB, or vice versa?  That set up at the start was disastrously wrong headed and obviously so, especially given our defensive struggles with a back 3 so far this season.  Starting with Morris and McGrath as wing backs is a fuck up for the ages.

I don't understand why people are so sensitive about Warnock getting any criticism for last night.  That was a game we should've won and I think would've if not for the tactical mess at the start.

3 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Just seems mental not starting MacDonald

Did he not say that MacDonald wasn't fully fit?

Nevertheless i'd probably have started him to try to get an hour out of him  and then swicked about with my formation thereafter rather than starting him on the bench with a frankly bizarre backline and finding myself 3 goals down to one of the league's worst sides after only 30 minutes. At least he did take decisive action, although I'd have had the 2 subs on the instant the second goal went in as it was by then already clear the team were struggling badly

And he has surely learnt that Morris is not of the desired/required calibre and shouldn't even be a bench option. What to do with him for the rest of his contract will be for the next manager to deal with (I'd be offering him a full year's wages paid immediately to accept his release from his contract.......but he will never get a contract anywhere else again that comes close to matching what we have given him so he could choose to sit on his arse and ride out the last 2 years of it

• Upvote 2
59 minutes ago, Rubinho Escocia said:

Warnock is what he is - On the plus side he’s managed lots of games, he’s liked by players and the media and will act as a distraction whilst wider things at the club are looked at. On the down side he’s a man that despite managing lots of games, he’s won no major trophies, been relegated every time he’s managed in a top league, implements no long term style of play and usually gets fired a few years in the job.

Given he’s only here for a short while to raise the spirits of the squad, I don’t think it’s the end of the world and think we’ll finish mid-table.

The wider issue is what we do going forward as whilst this season seems to have been written off by most as a laugh, there’s a mess to sort. Players out of contract like Barron have no real idea what the club is trying to do. We’ve  a Director of football who doesn’t seem to be involved in appointing a manager, a CEO who seems to be good at Twitter but thinks someone with 40 years experience of not doing what the club is trying to, is a good appointment.

Assuming we avoid relegation, Warnock will leave on his own terms with my thanks but I hope there’s more leaving with him, and I’d be stunned if our highly paid consultants haven’t realised that needs to happen too by now.

Totally agree. Warnock is a side show but fuck me what are we going to do in the summer.

Barron will be off. Miovski will be off. Duk will be off. Shinnie a year older. Macdonald might be off as well. Gartenmann is on loan so will be away. Sell gueye, Morris. McGarry is shite and unfit. is Sokler good enough? The list goes on. 

Cormack was going on about the big turnover of players last summer. Genuinely we are probably going to go through the same again and the sad reality is I think we need to. It’s a fucking circus it really is. 

combine that with the new manager search. Who the hell knows what’s going on there. Do we trust Colgate to get it right. I don’t. 

i don’t think we will get Europe this year which makes it even harder to get the new miovski or ramadani in. None of that extra money coming in. 

shite. Shite and more shite. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Warnock knows his stuff , he can't account for players not being anywhere good enough to play the way he wanted.

even in the second,  all square, we were gifting the ball to motherwell at times

think it was mainly Devlin passing to nowhere

3 minutes ago, Rubin said:

Warnock knows his stuff , he can't account for players not being anywhere good enough to play the way he wanted.

even in the second,  all square, we were gifting the ball to motherwell at times

think it was mainly Devlin passing to nowhere

Knows his stuff yet started with that back 3?

I'm definitely not doubting his credentials and previous records but fook me that was lunacy at it's best.

17 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Knows his stuff yet started with that back 3?

I'm definitely not doubting his credentials and previous records but fook me that was lunacy at it's best.

he can't account for players not being anywhere good enough to play the way he wanted

Hopefully that's his mental moment out the way, and he will stick with the formation we changed to after 30 mins. 

Business end of the season and there really isn't time to be fucking around with a new system. Sure we lost Jensen for last night, but to not throw McDonald is bizarre. 

He will have learnt a lot about his side last night. 

55 minutes ago, scottymc said:

i don’t think we will get Europe this year which makes it even harder to get the new miovski or ramadani in. None of that extra money coming in. 

Will no doubt make it harder, however we got Miovski and Ramadani just after finishing 10th in the league and missing out on Europe. 

Warnock is Cormacks smoke and mirrors man. Always good for a quote and a laugh and radio Scotland love him. Us suffering fans all knew the issues . The goalies are not up to it. We did not replace Ramadani and we lack pace out wide. We did nothing in the transfer window- why not , the limitations were clear.

So we dither hoping for better. Guess what if you persist with the same thing thats not working you get more of the same. We then sack the manager at the wrong time. So Warnock is coming in and working out what we have known since September / October time. He should have got slaughtered last night fot that selection but media are there for the quotes for the headlines.

The ultimate lunacy now will be appointing a manager in June / July and wasting the first half of next season as the new man works out what we fans already know. The very defintion of a dysfunctional club .

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

He has to be he selected them. He had options on the bench to play a back 4. 

he's only just in the door  - most he has seen of players is in training & in training everone looks great

he thought they were up to the job

how could he account for Morris  causing unnecessary pen & being so ineffective in that system

• Upvote 2
23 minutes ago, Rubin said:

he can't account for players not being anywhere good enough to play the way he wanted

His fundamental problem is he has a few players who are 100% nowhere near good enough 

To compound that, they are:

A goalie, who is bloody critical

A winger, when we have no other wingers 

To come back from 3 down was incredible and its been a long time since I could sense the entire club, players, fans, management almost trying to suck the ball into the net

When we were down 2-3, every single one of us was in unison - you could physically feel it

Been a long, long time since that happened and I bloody loved it

• Upvote 8