11 minutes ago, davierobb said:

Warnock is Cormacks smoke and mirrors man. Always good for a quote and a laugh and radio Scotland love him. Us suffering fans all knew the issues . The goalies are not up to it. We did not replace Ramadani and we lack pace out wide. We did nothing in the transfer window- why not , the limitations were clear.

So we dither hoping for better. Guess what if you persist with the same thing thats not working you get more of the same. We then sack the manager at the wrong time. So Warnock is coming in and working out what we have known since September / October time. He should have got slaughtered last night fot that selection but media are there for the quotes for the headlines.

The ultimate lunacy now will be appointing a manager in June / July and wasting the first half of next season as the new man works out what we fans already know. The very defintion of a dysfunctional club .

Would you rather we rushed in a permanent replacement instead of Warnock then? Or just bumble on with an interim manager until next season? 

As many have said, he’s just in the door and going on what he sees in training. It didn’t work, he changed it and then we almost won the game from 3-0 down which is practically unheard of here.

Maybe stop trying to find the negatives in absolutely everything for once 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Rubin said:

he's only just in the door  - most he has seen of players is in training & in training everone looks great

he thought they were up to the job

how could he account for Morris  causing unnecessary pen & being so ineffective in that system

So he didn't ask or take advice from the backroom staff re previous back three formations? 

He fucked up 100% last night and despite what some claim he took too long to rectify it. Waiting till 0-3 to change an inadequate and stupid line up was folly. 

I don't buy his Jenson excuse when you have Milne and MacDonald on the bench. As for starting Polvara on the left the less said about that the better. 

Hopefully Warnock has learned never to go with a 3 again. Hopefully he also cuts out his media circus and concentrates on the job in hand. Three games in and there has been absolutely zero improvement. The club is an absolute mess and a shambles (not Warnock's fault) and last night shows how much of a mess the playing squad is. 

Top 4 is a pipedream at present.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Dildo 2
33 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

So he didn't ask or take advice from the backroom staff re previous back three formations? 

He fucked up 100% last night and despite what some claim he took too long to rectify it. Waiting till 0-3 to change an inadequate and stupid line up was folly. 

I don't buy his Jenson excuse when you have Milne and MacDonald on the bench. As for starting Polvara on the left the less said about that the better. 

Hopefully Warnock has learned never to go with a 3 again. Hopefully he also cuts out his media circus and concentrates on the job in hand. Three games in and there has been absolutely zero improvement. The club is an absolute mess and a shambles (not Warnock's fault) and last night shows how much of a mess the playing squad is. 

Doomed, doomed I tell you

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Johnnyred1 said:

That initial team reminded me of McGhee's first forage in Europe. Played the smallest midfielder in central defence and we got humped 5-1 at home. Managers never seem to think logically sometimes. You could tell after 5 minutes the balance was shit.

Sigma

1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

It’s unusual that I agree with you. But he 100% fucked up. Anyone that thinks a draw against Motherwell at home is a good result regardless of how the events unfolded need to have a word with themselves. He’s lost is 3 points. He also needs to stop the laughing and joking, atleast till we start winning games. He’s a likeable chap but I want to see us winning games. Even if it’s ugly. Europe is essential next season. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, RUL said:

There’s absolutely nothing in that performance that suggests we will beat hibs.

I disagree. I thought once MacDonald and Duk came on I thought the performance was decent. We were comfortable on the ball and played with a degree of confidence. Hibs defence is poor so if we press them there is absolutely no reason why we cannot beat them

2 minutes ago, slippers said:

It’s unusual that I agree with you. But he 100% fucked up. Anyone that thinks a draw against Motherwell at home is a good result regardless of how the events unfolded need to have a word with themselves. He’s lost is 3 points. He also needs to stop the laughing and joking, atleast till we start winning games. He’s a likeable chap but I want to see us winning games. Even if it’s ugly. Europe is essential next season. 

Sorry but why should he change how he is?  If folk were to pay attention they'd realise he's like that most of the time now whether his side wins or loses, he even said himself he has to manage differently these days due to how the game has changed.

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, Edinburgh_sheep said:

I disagree. I thought once MacDonald and Duk came on I thought the performance was decent. We were comfortable on the ball and played with a degree of confidence. Hibs defence is poor so if we press them there is absolutely no reason why we cannot beat them

Motherwell could still have scored a few. They aren’t even good. Hibs are playing well. Hope I’m wrong but can’t see us winning Saturday 

2 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

100% - Cormack started the rapid demise. 

I’ve said that since the day he came in. But lots of folk have been blinded due to the fact he had a go at Kenny McIntyre and the so called “transparency”. 

He’s a balloon. A rich balloon. But a balloon none the less. 

2 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Would you rather we rushed in a permanent replacement instead of Warnock then? Or just bumble on with an interim manager until next season? 

As many have said, he’s just in the door and going on what he sees in training. It didn’t work, he changed it and then we almost won the game from 3-0 down which is practically unheard of here.

Maybe stop trying to find the negatives in absolutely everything for once 

Would Leven have started with that lineup last night?

It was the type of thing a rookie would do, not someone who is supposed to be a steady hand at the tiller. 

Of course he was quick to change it, we were being torn apart at home by Motherwell. Hardly rocket science to see that it needed changing. 

I know it’s a bit glass half empty but I really don’t see why people are impressed with Warnock. IMHO it’s a joke appointment by a joke club that’s turning out pretty much as expected. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, davierobb said:

If i thought the FMB were capable with extra time to make the correct appointment an interim manager is fine. 

You've touched upon something huge here; yes, an interim manager makes sense in theory. However, there is nothing in the history of the FMB to suggest they will get it right next time, at least not without a root and branch overhaul of the entire footballing operation. Let's hope the consultations bear fruit and the FMB act upon recommendations.

31 minutes ago, Edinburgh_sheep said:

Now he's got Duk playing with confidence again, there is reason to be optimistic. However, that's dependent upon us not leaking stupid goals. 

Just now, elephantstone78 said:

Would Leven have started with that lineup last night?

It was the type of thing a rookie would do, not someone who is supposed to be a steady hand at the tiller. 

Of course he was quick to change it, we were being torn apart at home by Motherwell. Hardly rocket science to see that it needed changing. 

I know it’s a bit glass half empty but I really don’t see why people are impressed with Warnock. IMHO it’s a joke appointment by a joke club that’s turning out pretty much as expected. 

Everything about this post is great, including the username 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

His fundamental problem is he has a few players who are 100% nowhere near good enough 

To compound that, they are:

A goalie, who is bloody critical

A winger, when we have no other wingers 

To come back from 3 down was incredible and its been a long time since I could sense the entire club, players, fans, management almost trying to suck the ball into the net

When we were down 2-3, every single one of us was in unison - you could physically feel it

Been a long, long time since that happened and I bloody loved it

In Warnock's defence, he's had an away game against the huns, a home game against a part time team, and a home game against one of the lesser SPFL teams. I think the game last night was his first real chance to get a few ideas as to how he'd like to set the team up for the majority of the games left to go. 

Should never have started with a back 3 but at least he saw the error of his ways pretty quickly, changed it, and his changes made a huge difference.

13 minutes ago, davierobb said:

You state at 2-3 down it was great. Players going the extr yard etc. So why when we get the equaliser did we then stall. Lets be honest their defence and their goalie were bending under pressure but we lost our edge when it became 3-3.

Dunno

Tired?

I don't think we did stall to be honest, crested loads of chances

Clarkson should have scored and miovski did score

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

His fundamental problem is he has a few players who are 100% nowhere near good enough 

To compound that, they are:

A goalie, who is bloody critical

A winger, when we have no other wingers 

To come back from 3 down was incredible and its been a long time since I could sense the entire club, players, fans, management almost trying to suck the ball into the net

When we were down 2-3, every single one of us was in unison - you could physically feel it

Been a long, long time since that happened and I bloody loved it

Agree with all this. Last night's performance (after the first 30 mins) was really good, there was an urgency there that we've not had in a long time and it was a persistent urgency that kept up for the remainder of the game. we moved the ball quickly and well, we played short at times and long at times when appropriate, Duk seems to have found his confidence again which could make a huge difference to us. All good.

That doesn't excuse the first 30 mins though - it was a shambles.

Agree he has inherited an awful goalkeeper - but why play him? He is costing us goals left right and centre - just play Doohan instead and at least find out if he's any better - I struggle to believe he could be any worse than Roos right now.

Wingers... yup we have no wingers, just Morris and Hayes and they're no use. However, we used the width of the pitch pretty well last night with Devlin and MacKenzie when we went to 4 at the back. Better to get our width that way than shoehorning in guys who are hopeless.

Warnock is experienced enough to learn from his mistakes, unlike Robson, so I suspect we'll maybe see a 433 or 4312 deployed going forward.

Doohan
Devlin Gartenmann MacDonald MacKenzie
Polvara Barron Shinnie
Clarkson
Duk Miovski

I think that's the best we can do right now. Get the Clarkson Duk Miovski combination working again like last season and it'll all be fine.

I actually thought that Clarkson did OK in a wide right position. 

Not a winger obviously but he got a bit more space there than he generally gets in the heart of the midfield. 

A front 4 of Miovski, Duk, Clarkson and McGrath is clearly our best chance of success.  Give the other three a degree of flexibility in terms of how they operate behind Miovski. 

I think Barron and Shinnie compliment each other to a certain extent in the centre of midfield. 

Full backs pick themselves. 

Goalie and centre back pairing is probably the only area where decisions need to be made. 

6 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Based on what? 

Again, as I said further back, absolutely not what I think should’ve happened but still a better option, if he’d for some wild reason done that there’s no chance we’d have been 0-3 down after 26 minutes.

He should’ve seen enough from Morris to know he’s not a footballer let alone a competent wing back, and gone with 4atb with MacDonald in there. 

Would like us to stop trying to play Clarkson and McGrath. So suggested team line ups work with the option of replacing Clarkson with McGrath as a number 10 rather than out wide and whichever midfield player is tiring can be replaced by Phillips. Width to come from full backs hopefully crossing first time .