44 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I don’t think anyone that comes to this club realises how toxic the fans are.

We've a lot of self entitled arseholes in our support.

We are where we deserve to be because we're run by idiots. It's not going miraculously improve until a certain individual takes a long hard look at himself in the mirror and admit that despite his obvious love for the club, that he and the structure he has put in place is the problem. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

We've a lot of self entitled arseholes in our support.

We are where we deserve to be because we're run by idiots. It's not going miraculously improve until a certain individual takes a long hard look at himself in the mirror and admit that despite his obvious love for the club, that he and the structure he has put in place is the problem. 

We're not a big club anymore

Sooner people realise that the sooner the frenzy will die down

• Dildo 2
10 minutes ago, Millertime said:

We're not a big club anymore

Sooner people realise that the sooner the frenzy will die down

Fergie elevated us to unimaginable levels. Levels that were impossible to maintain or repeat. I think even he saw the writing on the wall.

We are the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, we just don't act or play like it.

• Upvote 2
Just now, King Street Loon said:

Fergie elevated us to unimaginable levels. Levels that were impossible to maintain or repeat. I think even he saw the writing on the wall.

Well, we are the 3rd most successful club in Scotland, yeah

Based on stuff we did 40 years ago

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Incorrect. We were a cracking team in the 1940's and 50's and especially the 70's. From the 70's, we remained a force in Scottish football until the mid-90's. That consistency over a quarter of a century, combined with the fan base, particularly the away support, makes a very strong case for being, at least, the legitimate "3rd force". Hearts on the other hand have won little of note since the 1960's and are perennial bottles, while their city rivals went over a century without winning the Scottish Cup! 

• Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Incorrect. We were a cracking team in the 1940's and 50's and especially the 70's. From the 70's, we remained a force in Scottish football until the mid-90's. That consistency over a quarter of a century, combined with the fan base, particularly the away support, makes a very strong case for being, at least, the legitimate "3rd force". Hearts on the other hand have won little of note since the 1960's and are perennial bottles, while their city rivals went over a century without winning the Scottish Cup! 

So based on stuff we last did 30 years ago

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think we can buy a season ticket and expect us to win a minimum of 50% of games whilst scoring a couple of goals each game.

We have won 3 games out of 14 whilst scoring 17 goals. It’s completely unacceptable to me the way we play at home.

If folk are happy with that then fair play to them. I’ll keep hounding out every manager until attending pittodrie doesn’t feel like a wretched chore.

6 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

If that makes you feel better, Fine

But I don't agree

• Dildo 1
9 hours ago, Millertime said:

9 hours ago, JamieMT said:

Pains me to say it, but this is true.

Of course it's true 😂

There are no consistently successful clubs in Scotland outside Celtic and rangers (they've one the league and cups in last few years). 

10 hours ago, Millertime said:

10 hours ago, JamieMT said:

Pains me to say it, but this is true.

No its not as Rangers have only been around since 2012 so that makes us 2nd

14 hours ago, Russell said:

Not just that, no. Despite our poor (relatively speaking) overall showing since around 1997, no other club has grabbed the initiative and taken on the mantle of a clear 3rd force, or whatever you want to call it. Hearts and Hibs have both been relegated several times between them in that timeframe. Of course, you could argue McInnes's first 5 seasons bolster the argument, if anything, that we are the natural 'best of the rest' in Scottish football. A very modest accolade, many will argue, but while I agree with those who say we should aspire to a little more than that, this is the minimum benchmark we should set.

7 hours ago, Millertime said:

If that makes you feel better, Fine

But I don't agree

Yes, but you're just a deliberately contrarian weegie gobshyte. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Not just that, no. Despite our poor (relatively speaking) overall showing since around 1997, no other club has grabbed the initiative and taken on the mantle of a clear 3rd force, or whatever you want to call it. Hearts and Hibs have both been relegated several times between them in that timeframe. Of course, you could argue McInnes's first 5 seasons bolster the argument, if anything, that we are the natural 'best of the rest' in Scottish football. A very modest accolade, many will argue, but while I agree with those who say we should aspire to a little more than that, this is the minimum benchmark we should set.

Yes, but you're just a deliberately contrarian weegie gobshyte. 

No I'm not

15 hours ago, Russell said:

We've won a trophy more recently than Hearts too (our supposed "third force" - embarrassing phrase - competition).

The fact that is 10 years ago says as much about Scottish Football as a whole as it does Aberdeen

8 minutes ago, thurso said:

Who is the third biggest team in Scotland then, and what makes them that 

Does it really matter who the 3rd 'biggest' team is?  Always seems a bit pointless. 

We've got to operate in the here and now. Focusing on being better than the 10th 'best' team would be a good start. 

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Wasn’t just Fergie though, he had good people around and ‘above’ him particularly Chris Anderson. We can chew on managers and options as much as we like but whoever we choose this time needs more competent support around him

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Does it really matter who the 3rd 'biggest' team is?  Always seems a bit pointless. 

We've got to operate in the here and now. Focusing on being better than the 10th 'best' team would be a good start. 

Just needed to see what his contradictory attitude was about. 

I don’t think we have the 10th worst squad tho but we have had shit managers 

Don't want anyone that doesnae want to be here. Warnock chucked it,and I don't think there was much fight to keep him, dont feel many were impressed with his work. I'm fine with his exit. I want long term fella in and he was never it. There was no improvement. And he's too much of 'key of me' guy.