I probably defend the use of data the most on here and I don't see anything wrong with what he's said, it's his preference, the club should have known before they went for him that the chances are he wouldn't be keen on signings based off that.

I would also say that if you pushed him on what he doesn't like about it, he'd mostly hate that data doesn't tell you what a players character is like, which at this level is probably one of the most important things when putting a team together.

It's also important to stress, that in my opinion data isn't the issue, it's the useless pricks using it, or setting what they want the analysts to look for.  

• Upvote 2

He spent a bit of time at the club and learned through experience and dealings how absolutely tinpot we are and what he was up against with the players, board and miserable bastard fans 😝

Then, discretion being the better part of valour he thought, fuck this, i’m off.

• Upvote 1

I don't think he said anything condescending about us and its hardly a surprise a man of his age isn't too sure on data driven recruitment.

I just wonder what he would have said if it hadn't been two Scots asking the questions. 

I think a core group of Scots or irish that set the outline of what playing here means to some foreign additions is the way forward. I can't include English as stewart, morris and Richardson have been such a waste! 

1 hour ago, slippers said:

How the fuck can you claim he could of had us battling the top 2 when he failed to get a single victory in his tenure. As easy a run in as he could of wished for may I add. 

Warnock himself said two decent transfer windows is all that's needed

2 hours ago, minijc said:

I probably defend the use of data the most on here and I don't see anything wrong with what he's said, it's his preference, the club should have known before they went for him that the chances are he wouldn't be keen on signings based off that.

I would also say that if you pushed him on what he doesn't like about it, he'd mostly hate that data doesn't tell you what a players character is like, which at this level is probably one of the most important things when putting a team together.

It's also important to stress, that in my opinion data isn't the issue, it's the useless pricks using it, or setting what they want the analysts to look for.  

Warnock was never buying anybody so why should we give a fuck what he thinks about data driven signings?

• Dildo 1
55 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Yeah why should we listen to any experienced football guys thoughts. We ken EXACTLY fit we are dein!

Nothing wrong with listening and utilising experience and at same time being open minded and looking at new things although using  data or gathering such data on players not that new a concept 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Are you serious?

Yes? He has nothing to do with the club going forward and was there for a disastrous few weeks so who cares what he thinks about transfer strategies? 

Old man doesn't like new things shocker!

6 hours ago, minijc said:

I just read this again and eh?

You say the board should have known he wouldn't be keen on signings based on data and again I say who gives a fuck about Warnocks transfer preferences? He was appointed outwith a transfer window and would hopefully not be involved in the next one.

You then channel you inner 75 year old to hypothesize what is it about using data that grinds Colin's gears before pulling a possible answer out your arse.

You then finish by saying Warnock is wrong and you feel that there is nothing wrong with a data based transfer policy, so long as those in control know what they are doing.

So, again, who gives a fuck what Warnock thinks? The man has no place in the modern game.

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, Russell said:

I just read this again and eh?

You say the board should have known he wouldn't be keen on signings based on data and again I say who gives a fuck about Warnocks transfer preferences? He was appointed outwith a transfer window and would hopefully not be involved in the next one.

You then channel you inner 75 year old to hypothesize what is it about using data that grinds Colin's gears before pulling a possible answer out your arse.

You then finish by saying Warnock is wrong and you feel that there is nothing wrong with a data based transfer policy, so long as those in control know what they are doing.

So, again, who gives a fuck what Warnock thinks? The man has no place in the modern game.

He never actually said anything wrong, "they use data for signings, it's not for me"

The issue is the club shouldn't be hiring people who don't believe in the methods they want to use, even if it's only short term.  I guess the club also asked him for his opinion on things and he'll have told them, which Cormack wouldn't have liked and I think that was obvious with his tweet after the St Mirren match.

Warnock is old school, he's on record saying he doesn't like data based signings long before he came here, working with our imbalanced side that lacks characters was never going to change him mind.

He's managed over 1600 games, I think if he says the squad lacks quality and doesn't have leaders then maybe those running things should listen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
14 minutes ago, minijc said:

He never actually said anything wrong, "they use data for signings, it's not for me"

The issue is the club shouldn't be hiring people who don't believe in the methods they want to use, even if it's only short term.  I guess the club also asked him for his opinion on things and he'll have told them, which Cormack wouldn't have liked and I think that was obvious with his tweet after the St Mirren match.

Warnock is old school, he's on record saying he doesn't like data based signings long before he came here, working with our imbalanced side that lacks characters was never going to change him mind.

He's managed over 1600 games, I think if he says the squad lacks quality and doesn't have leaders then maybe those running things should listen.

I agree when you employ someone like Warnock you know he’s going to give his opinion. If you don’t like criticism the “truth” is going to hurt! He does of course gloss over the fact he never won a league game, and leven has won 2 so far! His own style maybe went against him. 

3 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

I agree when you employ someone like Warnock you know he’s going to give his opinion. If you don’t like criticism the “truth” is going to hurt! He does of course gloss over the fact he never won a league game, and leven has won 2 so far! His own style maybe went against him. 

Well I thank him for getting us to the cup semi.

The chances of turning around our shit team with such little time (at the time ahem) would've been miraculous.

4 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Well I thank him for getting us to the cup semi.

The chances of turning around our shit team with such little time (at the time ahem) would've been miraculous.

Agree he was unlikely to turn them into a great team! But I expected much more from a guy “desperate “ to try his hand in the spl. I think the cup results were despite him honesty 

You'd think he'd completely slated the club.

He just said "I'm not sure about that" when he was mentioning bring lots of foreign players in using a data led approach. 

I'm not entirely sure about it either. Jury is still out based on last summer's recruitment. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He just said "I'm not sure about that" when he was mentioning bring lots of foreign players in using a data led approach. 

I'm not entirely sure about it either. Jury is still out based on last summer's recruitment. 

Tbf to him he spoke of the club in fairly high regard. He didn't suggest anything untoward about the running of the club and the role it played in his exit (as has been heavily rumoured) either. Some will say he won't be allowed to shed light on that, I'm not so sure. 

There was no doubting his experience, track record and so on and I felt that, combined with his reputation, made it a good move at the time. But watching him speak now doesn't fill me with any confidence he would've improved upon his results if he had stayed. Maybe it's just his jovial demeanour but it doesn't look like he took the situation seriously at all and he's still acting as if he did us a favour. He still speaks like someone that doesn't really know much about Scottish football as well.

I'm just surprised he isn't being held to account more. His spell was a disaster.

23 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Last summer makes the famous Jimmy photo with the 2008 signings look like an unveiling of galacticos

End of the day can't see Warnock really opening his mouth about his time up here for another few months, sure there will be some form of NDA signed by him

Ultimately club won't have liked what he had to say as I'm sure it meant they heard a few home truths they didn't want to hear

17 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Tbf to him he spoke of the club in fairly high regard. He didn't suggest anything untoward about the running of the club and the role it played in his exit (as has been heavily rumoured) either. Some will say he won't be allowed to shed light on that, I'm not so sure. 

There was no doubting his experience, track record and so on and I felt that, combined with his reputation, made it a good move at the time. But watching him speak now doesn't fill me with any confidence he would've improved upon his results if he had stayed. Maybe it's just his jovial demeanour but it doesn't look like he took the situation seriously at all and he's still acting as if he did us a favour. He still speaks like someone that doesn't really know much about Scottish football as well.

I'm just surprised he isn't being held to account more. His spell was a disaster.

Held to account by who? Cormack and the FMB won’t cause it’s them who it will reflect on.

Warnock came in and did what Warnock has been doing for decades. if we had a squad of mentally stronger players that might have worked. He was the wrong man for this squad. Appointed by Cormack. 

this is a squad including players who chucked a game against Darvel. We should be beating darvel with about 8 players and no tactics. Just going out and beating them. An afc chat select could beat darvel. That’s the character of a team we have been building the last few years. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

There was no doubting his experience, track record and so on and I felt that, combined with his reputation, made it a good move at the time. But watching him speak now doesn't fill me with any confidence he would've improved upon his results if he had stayed. Maybe it's just his jovial demeanour but it doesn't look like he took the situation seriously at all and he's still acting as if he did us a favour. He still speaks like someone that doesn't really know much about Scottish football 

🤬 if ever there was a phrase that boiled my blood. What does it even fucking mean? Why does anyone want Knutsen or Thelin then? What the fuck would they know about Scottish football? Let's have Jack Ross or Neil Lennon, very experienced on Scottish football. They'll be pish, but who cares, they KNOW Scottish football.

1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Held to account by who? Cormack and the FMB won’t cause it’s them who will reflect on.

Warnock came in and did what Warnock has been doing for decades. if we had a squad of mentally stronger players that might have worked. He was the wrong man for this squad. Appointed by Cormack. 

this is a squad including players who chucked a game against Darvel. We should be beating darvel with about 8 players and no tactics. Just going out and beating them. An afc chat select could be darvel. That’s the character of a team we have been building the last few years. 

Supporters and pundits mainly.

He seems to be getting a bit of a free pass despite coming into the club, assessing that there was talent there despite being light in some areas, saying he could make them better, and proceeding to take them on a downward spiral, all the while chopping and changing his 11 each week and picking up no league wins.

The character of the squad is questionable but I don't quite understand why Warnock seems to be absolved of responsibility for his tenure when he showed no signs of understanding the club or Scottish football. Leven has since come back in, played to the squad's strengths and done a lot better - albeit without setting the heather alight.

8 minutes ago, Jigsaw666 said:

🤬 if ever there was a phrase that boiled my blood. What does it even fucking mean? Why does anyone want Knutsen or Thelin then? What the fuck would they know about Scottish football? Let's have Jack Ross or Neil Lennon, very experienced on Scottish football. They'll be pish, but who cares, they KNOW Scottish football.

I'm sorry it makes you so angry 😂 but I'm talking about basic knowledge, not the 'he gets the game' cliche - Warnock admitted himself that he didn't realise how financially better off the Glasgow two are. He still thinks he could challenge them if he was allowed to sign four players! Those were his words.

It doesn't take Jack Ross or Neil Lennon to do a bit of background work and figure this stuff out.