Aberdeen 2 - 0 Bonnyrigg Rose

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He got the ball into feet plenty of times today, he wasn't chasing long balls.

Unfortunately he needs far too much time to get the ball set just now before he starts his runs so the defender is normally well placed to deal with it as Duk has lost the element of surprise in the move. 

It is so disappointing to see how far he has regressed. Can we afford to continue to play him? 

39 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Difference does that make?

I've got a family who would rather I spent time with them

You clearly dont

A lot, actually

And since YOU referenced them:

I'll spend time with my wife and kids in Oz, Japan, at the Euro's, on a Med Cruise, and various campervan trips this year - Hopefully that negates your concern 👍

Pack in the sanctimonious pish if you want to be taken seriously 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
14 minutes ago, G man said:

It is so disappointing to see how far he has regressed. Can we afford to continue to play him? 

He’s better when he’s running inside the left back towards goal than down the touchline. Struggled to beat the bonnyrigg right back today. Don’t think winger is his position. Better as the second striker. 
Warnock could pull out the dinosaur in him and deploy a 4-4-2 which would suit Duk. 

44 minutes ago, NorfolkDandy said:

A lot, actually

I'll spend time with my wife and kids in Oz, Japan, at the Euro's, on a Med Cruise, and various campervan trips this year - Hopefully that negates your concern 👍

51-Vm-ZCi-QUVL.jpg

57 minutes ago, NorfolkDandy said:

A lot, actually

But have you ever took them to Cuba?

57 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

He’s better when he’s running inside the left back towards goal than down the touchline. Struggled to beat the bonnyrigg right back today. Don’t think winger is his position. Better as the second striker. 
Warnock could pull out the dinosaur in him and deploy a 4-4-2 which would suit Duk. 

I think he did, for the first 15 mins or so. Then moved Duk wide left in a more 4-2-3-1 formation 

3 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

I hope finds some form of answer very soon. We don’t look effective in any formation. Clearly, the boss needs a bit of time to establish this along with a discernible style of play, which we haven’t had all season. Aside from Miovski, who is a brilliant player and Devlin, who is solid, consistent performer, but looks knackered, the rest have been average or poor all season. 
need a home draw in the next round of the cup, desperately. Playing like that, it would be hard to see us beating most of the remaining teams away from home and some of them at home.

Livingston at home would be my choice

1 hour ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

Dave will be hoping the European windfall and probable summer Bojan sale will go towards the new stadium but we need to invest it in our team. We don’t stamp our authority on games or dominate against opposition. Always feel like we are going to concede a goal. Too many duds in the team. 

This season needed the right investment and leadership. From a financial perspective, finishing 3rd (assuming either of the bigots win the SC) would have guaranteed group European football again, which I think pays more next season than this. There’s no guarantee, given our coefficient placing, that will be the case at the end of next season, I think. It’s close, but I think we’re on the brink of having to play qualifiers to get into anything. Huge opportunity likely lost. 

it’s just been a hard slog this season, with massive under achievement for a club of this size in Scotland. Using consultants etc to find a new managers going forward is fine, but there appears to have been little to no strategic thought given on the football side up until now (and even that’s a bold commen) Glass was planned, but Goodwin was reactive and short sighted. BR was a stop gap that was given an opportunity following a 10 game run at the end of the season, therefore that was reactionary too and clearly wasn’t part of any articulated plan. Rewarded with a 2 year contract?!? 
I’m starting to agree with others re the actual poor quality of a good number of our squad. Right now, we’re basically pish and completely reliant on the brilliance of Miovski. If he was to get injured over the next few weeks, I genuinely believe the trajectory will likely be down the league and not up.

to paraphrase, Mark Renton, ‘it’s a a fucking shite state of affairs, Cormack and no amount of talking up the financial performance of the club is Going to make a fucking blind bit of difference’

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, super_al said:

The team looks terrible regardless of the formation we play. We don't have enough ball winners in the middle and no quality on the wings. 

this could be the time dare i say it to try the unknown maybe a youngster or two who have no fear. We can sign anyone other than frees so now should be the time to look for a winger within

2 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Just in. Morris,Jensen, Duncan all shite.Get rid.Duk this season has been a write off and might be better if he goes.
 We’re at our best with a packed midfield that includes McGrath and Barron. Contrary to the mongos that sit near me we also need Shinnie on the pitch.

Jury out on Gartenmann ,Sokler, Phillips and McDonald. 

Miovski. Utter class. Devlin,Mr consistency and saved us in the turning point of the game.

Jensen's performance today was as bad a centre back performance I've seen in a red shirt for many a year. 

I thought he was looking for a way out as he knew he was having a stinker. 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Just in. Morris,Jensen, Duncan all shite.Get rid.Duk this season has been a write off and might be better if he goes.
 We’re at our best with a packed midfield that includes McGrath and Barron. Contrary to the mongos that sit near me we also need Shinnie on the pitch.

Miovski. Utter class. Devlin,Mr consistency and saved us in the turning point of the game.

For me Sokler will be ok just needs a run of games which is difficult if you play just one striker.  McDonald is good but if we have a good squad he's more a squad player.  Gartenmann looks good at times i think would improve in a better team.  Phillips looks ok but he's been sent out on loan for a reason, nothing against him but if we want to be in the top 100 or whatever we need loans who will really stand out,  

Duncan has not had a good run in his preferred position but there must be a reason for that.  Duk has been a shadow and needs a kick up the ass.  Jenson for me has done ok this season, our midfield must take some of the blame for a poor defensive season.  Morris has flashes but needs to improve quality drastically

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Agree. 

Shoukd have taken the reported money offered for Duk. He’s so frustrating to watch. Gives the ball away or runs it out of play about ten times a game. Getting lazy too, there was a point today when shinnie went over to tackle an opponent who passed it sideways to a teammate nearer to Duk than Shinnie. Duk just stood and watched him and Shinnie ended up having to run over and try and close him down too. No wonder he’s fucked a lot of games before the end. 

Still, it’s a lot more pleasant moaning about a poor performance and still being in the next round than the last couple of seasons. 

2 hours ago, NorfolkDandy said:

A lot, actually

You started it wee man

45 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Jensen's performance today was as bad a centre back performance I've seen in a red shirt for many a year. 

The number 20 had the better of him all game

The fat number 9 came on and bullied him as well.

A bit too nice iyam 

10 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

And the season before. 
Every year we seem to say that that will be the last major overhaul then we buy or loan a lot of shite and have rinse and repeat the next year. 

It is a serious problem but you need to ask yourself in the cold light of day are these players good enough.   Personally i think the bulk will be ok for the SPFL but if we want to pull away from the dross in this league then maybe we need a few more better standard to complement.  However if we are looking to be in the Europa League or Conference League and be competitive then we definitely need a upgrade in many areas. 

As much as its down to quality its also down to the manager getting the most from this squad and future players.  Steve Clarke at Killie was a prime example.  losing players will be part and parcel of the club as it is with Celtic and Rangers now to, but in the main we should with our budget be ahead of the majority even if it means its us and hearts battling for 3rd or hibs also adding a challenge.  

Why wasn't McGrath used today?

Seems strange 

And Gueye not even on the bench.

Didn't think he was injured.

Warnock doesn't rate him whatsoever?

2nd half was actually pretty boring but we are through.

Thought Morris did well and neat pass to set up Mio.

Needed Clarkson to score + Mio to win some cash...bastard lol.

• Dildo 1
2 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Agreed. Shinnie was silly as he had already been warned twice before his yellow. Polvara's was also needless as he didn't need to kick the ball away.

Polvara’s was for fannying about and not getting a fuckin shot off a few seconds earlier.  Borderline straight red.

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Just a typical Jensen performance , I thought