Aberdeen 2 - 0 Bonnyrigg Rose

Just watched Warnock's redtv interview. Not happy with the performance, disappointed in his subs, will be getting stuck in to them on Monday, Polvara the captain because he didn't need a piss. Feels good having a real manager in charge who is not feart to tell things as they are.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

But have you ever took them to Cuba?

Yes - 1999

Just my wife and I, though - No kids then

1st week all inclusive on Cayo Largo (Small island to the south of Cuba)

2nd week split between Havana & Pinar del Rio (Famed by their cigar making)

Flew with Cubana out of Heathrow, via Rome of all places, they were horrendous

Thanks for asking

7 hours ago, Russell said:

Just watched Warnock's redtv interview. Not happy with the performance, disappointed in his subs, will be getting stuck in to them on Monday, Polvara the captain because he didn't need a piss. Feels good having a real manager in charge who is not feart to tell things as they are.

He can have a proper go cause he's leaving. Anyone else would have to temper it. Not saying it's the way I want it. But how many times have ye seen a manager leave after throwing players to media. Warnock has fuck all to lose in the gig. 

11 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I was looking at him today and wondering if he could play left back with McKenzie in front of him. McKenzie is definitely gaining in confidence and looks not bad when he gets a bit of a run on a defender. 

McKenzie has made great improvements in his all round game this season.

16 minutes ago, G man said:

He is alot better I will agree but he does get caught ball watching still, for me he's just another version of Considine not anything special but seems to get a bit better every season, will just end up being a solid SPL player and nothing wrong with that, though can't see him ever getting a Scotland cap etc. 

11 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

We need a goalie, a centre half, someone to replace Barron, someone to replace Bojan and wingers. 

But last summer was supposed to be the huge overhaul that would then only need slight adjustments each season. It has not worked. Cormack’s reference to the fact that we have no debt and we must remember the club is a business will not be accepted by fans if the product on the field is poor. We all invest in the club through buying season tickets etc. cannot see us selling 10000 for next season. Even Dundee have a plan for a new stadium which will probably be built before anything happens with our new stadium.The club have taken in millions more in transfers in the last season and from the European games than we have spent on what people claim is the third best squad in the league. It simply is not.Too many players who have not adjusted to the Scottish game. If it were not for Miovski things would be so much worse. 

15 minutes ago, G man said:

But last summer was supposed to be the huge overhaul that would then only need slight adjustments each season. It has not worked. Cormack’s reference to the fact that we have no debt and we must remember the club is a business will not be accepted by fans if the product on the field is poor. We all invest in the club through buying season tickets etc. cannot see us selling 10000 for next season. Even Dundee have a plan for a new stadium which will probably be built before anything happens with our new stadium.The club have taken in millions more in transfers in the last season and from the European games than we have spent on what people claim is the third best squad in the league. It simply is not.Too many players who have not adjusted to the Scottish game. If it were not for Miovski things would be so much worse. 

We built a squad to allow our last manager to consistently play 532. 

We're going to get the deposit for the new beach stadium when Miovski goes.  Ferguson sell on cash will cover the squad rebuild

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, NEM said:

We're going to get the deposit for the new beach stadium when Miovski goes.  Ferguson sell on cash will cover the squad rebuild

I know the south stand was built with the money the club got all those years ago from selling Steve Archibald, not convinced Cormack will do anything pro active to advance the new stadium. He will continue to hope for a handout from the council. If he runs the club as a business he should not expect a handout from a cash strapped council.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, G man said:

I know the south stand was built with the money the club got all those years ago from selling Steve Archibald, not convinced Cormack will do anything pro active to advance the new stadium. He will continue to hope for a handout from the council. If he runs the club as a business he should not expect a handout from a cash strapped council.

It's not a handout if its a community use stadium. It's a partnership. 

12 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

And the season before. 
Every year we seem to say that that will be the last major overhaul then we buy or loan a lot of shite and have rinse and repeat the next year. 

There's the 50% theory whereby in any given window half the signings work out and half don't.  It would seem our hit rate is lower than that, especially the summer 2023 window, leaving us with a high amount of deadwood to get rid of.  Plus we're still trying to get rid of the deadwood from Goodwin's summer 2022 signings.

According to the club website we've got 30 players in the first team (including those loaned in and out).  Of those there's at least 15 that are either out of contract, should be binned or will be sold in summer leaving us with about 15, much of whom aren't good enough for our starting XI.

It's going to be a busy summer 2024 window, and remember if we bring in another 12 - 15 players, expect half of them to work out and half to be disappointing.

Council don’t have to pay a penny, they just have to support it so that the club can access the required funding.

ish

2 hours ago, G man said:

Agree. I was of the opinion he was 100% not good enough for us. The last few months have prompted a change of heart. Still feel with a bit more belief he could be even better. His first instinct often seems to be to receive the ball and pass it straight back. 
There have been far fewer crazy lunges in the box to give away a penalty of late, which is nice (quite liked the fast show). 

3 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Agree. I was of the opinion he was 100% not good enough for us. The last few months have prompted a change of heart. Still feel with a bit more belief he could be even better. His first instinct often seems to be to receive the ball and pass it straight back. 
There have been far fewer crazy lunges in the box to give away a penalty of late, which is nice (quite liked the fast show). 

I agree he's looked a lot better but I'm not convinced he's improving at that great a rate, I'm putting that down to looking much better than what's around him.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

Agree. 

Shoukd have taken the reported money offered for Duk. He’s so frustrating to watch. Gives the ball away or runs it out of play about ten times a game. Getting lazy too, there was a point today when shinnie went over to tackle an opponent who passed it sideways to a teammate nearer to Duk than Shinnie. Duk just stood and watched him and Shinnie ended up having to run over and try and close him down too. No wonder he’s fucked a lot of games before the end. 

I've seen Duk run 70 yards chasing back a few times when we lose the ball, with one or two of our midfielders jogging back.

• Upvote 1