Aberdeen 2 - 0 Bonnyrigg Rose

4 hours ago, Waycross Don said:

Refreshingly honest post match interview, let some players know he he was no impressed - without throwing them under a bus either - it was spot on.

I suspect Polvaras attitude has impressed him - and getting the captains armband was not as random as he suggested.

Overall a breath of fresh air rather than the media trained robots we have had of late.

Agree entirely with this.

I like it that he is relaxed and confident in his media interviews, not like a rabbit in the headlights.  Warnock has seen it all in his career, he has no time for pandering to Scottish footballs orthodoxys.

4 hours ago, Waycross Don said:

Refreshingly honest post match interview, let some players know he he was no impressed - without throwing them under a bus either - it was spot on.

I suspect Polvaras attitude has impressed him - and getting the captains armband was not as random as he suggested.

Overall a breath of fresh air rather than the media trained robots we have had of late.

Lack of leaders.

Players coasting.

Subs lacking impact.

Squad beyond Miovski needing to chip in with goals.

Warnock's going full Warnock with his man management mind games. If these guys have anything about them, they'll respond in a big way.

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

No it doesn't.  It's not just about the pitch 

It can be used for other outdoor events. The indoor facilities can be used as well. 

It’s irrelevant. The council has no money to build a football stadium. Them giving afc land for free is a huge deal in itself but afc don’t see that because they’ve got the land at kingsford. 

1 hour ago, RUL said:

It’s irrelevant. The council has no money to build a football stadium. Them giving afc land for free is a huge deal in itself but afc don’t see that because they’ve got the land at kingsford. 

The council don’t need actual money to build the stadium. Supporting the new ground would not take a single penny from them their budget.

27 minutes ago, RUL said:

My understanding is afc want them to put money in?

My understanding is that the club need support from the council to essentially underwrite a loan, that the club would not have access to as they are not a local authority.

There’s some more complexity to it, but that’s about it.

Dodgy Dave ain’t actually being too dodgy here, but ih cooncil are being awkward. So make sure to vote them out at the next opportunity.

44 minutes ago, dave_min said:

My understanding is that the club need support from the council to essentially underwrite a loan, that the club would not have access to as they are not a local authority.

There’s some more complexity to it, but that’s about it.

Dodgy Dave ain’t actually being too dodgy here, but ih cooncil are being awkward. So make sure to vote them out at the next opportunity.

Interesting. 

Playing devil’s advocate (horrible drink) the council have a duty of care to the community and taxpayers. 

So, what happens if afc are unable to service the debt? Presumably that would then fall on the council?

What impact would this additional loan have on the council to borrow other funds?

Interest rates are currently at an all time high, is this a sensible time to be borrowing?

With a council tax freeze many local authorities are feeling the pinch and several down south have gone bust. I presume it’s a far more complex issue than just the council being awkward. 

1 hour ago, elephantstone78 said:

Interesting. 

Playing devil’s advocate (horrible drink) the council have a duty of care to the community and taxpayers. 

So, what happens if afc are unable to service the debt? Presumably that would then fall on the council?

What impact would this additional loan have on the council to borrow other funds?

Interest rates are currently at an all time high, is this a sensible time to be borrowing?

With a council tax freeze many local authorities are feeling the pinch and several down south have gone bust. I presume it’s a far more complex issue than just the council being awkward. 

You’re not far away (from my understanding) of ih cooncils position.

If ih Dons (and our Billionaire owner) couldn’t afford the relatively modest repayments then I would support Bridge of Don Academy being sacrificed, for the greater good.

Although (my understanding) of the way that the stadium is funded means there aren’t actual repayments as such and it’s all done by complex financial juggling where a nerd moves numbers on a spreadsheet for 99 years, then we start the process all over again. 

1 hour ago, dave_min said:

Although (my understanding) of the way that the stadium is funded means there aren’t actual repayments as such and it’s all done by complex financial juggling where a nerd moves numbers on a spreadsheet for 99 years, then we start the process all over again. 

What is it then ?….magic beans ?

If something seems too good to be true …..

5 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

Interesting. 

That's a few people I've heard say "interest rates are at an all time high" recently, and I wonder where its coming from, because it is so far from the truth.

The average over the last 50 years is about 9% and the highest in history was 17% in 1980, so it is transparently utter pish.

• Upvote 1
On 2/11/2024 at 10:33 AM, G man said:

McKenzie has made great improvements in his all round game this season.

On 2/11/2024 at 1:06 PM, ahead on alphabet said:

I agree he's looked a lot better but I'm not convinced he's improving at that great a rate, I'm putting that down to looking much better than what's around him.

I too agree that Mackenzie is improving. 

Still needs to try and receive the ball and not face his own goal direction when doing so. Needs to learn to take the ball in his stride if he can and face towards opposition goal. Slows things down too much otherwise. 

But aye. He's improving. 

15 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

That's a few people I've heard say "interest rates are at an all time high" recently, and I wonder where its coming from, because it is so far from the truth.

The average over the last 50 years is about 9% and the highest in history was 17% in 1980, so it is transparently utter pish.

Yes I should have said for a long time as you’re right they have been much higher previously. Long time since they have been this high though and a lot of people have only known low rates over the past 15 or so years. 
I think that’s what people mean. 

13 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

I too agree that Mackenzie is improving. 

Still needs to try and receive the ball and not face his own goal direction when doing so. Needs to learn to take the ball in his stride if he can and face towards opposition goal. Slows things down too much otherwise. 

But aye. He's improving. 

The 2020's Andrew Considine.

4 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

The 2020's Andrew Considine.

Yep, I said that at the very beginning

He is definitely getting better/more confident and going on more runs forward

He needs to learn a trick or two though and has to improve his crossing  - surely in all of football those 2 things are things he can be taught/improved on

7 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

The barometer for the likes of MacKenzie should be ‘if he left today, where would he end up?’

The answer is St Johnstone or Dundee United. He’s not good enough.

Windows shut. He ain’t going anywhere.

Sma Aberdonian to be complaining about a local lad improving. Personally been pleasantly surprised by the kid recently.

1 hour ago, dave_min said:

Windows shut. He ain’t going anywhere.

Sma Aberdonian to be complaining about a local lad improving. Personally been pleasantly surprised by the kid recently.

Half the people on this board would have said the same about McCrorie. 

Personally, I think he'd get a middling Championship club at present if out of contract.

1 hour ago, Dandyesque said:

Personally, I think he'd get a middling Championship club at present if out of contract.

You gotta remember that all Dons fans are think as fuck and their opinions should be ignored on all topics.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Dandyesque said:

Tbf McCrorie has been in Scotland squads.

I don't see MacKenzie ever doing so (although he plays in a position that is without doubt Scotland's strongest depth wise which makes it difficult enough anyway)

It actually will be interesting to see what happens with him regarding a new contract. Before this season I really couldn't see him being offered a new one but his improvement and overall consistency he has shown in the past 6 or 7 months means I certainly wouldn't rule it out now. 

On 2/13/2024 at 2:44 PM, Ten Caat said:

Tbf McCrorie has been in Scotland squads.

I don't see MacKenzie ever doing so (although he plays in a position that is without doubt Scotland's strongest depth wise which makes it difficult enough anyway)

It actually will be interesting to see what happens with him regarding a new contract. Before this season I really couldn't see him being offered a new one but his improvement and overall consistency he has shown in the past 6 or 7 months means I certainly wouldn't rule it out now. 

Yep I've warmed to him a little

Still needs to work on basic technique though which, surely, is coachable