Aberdeen 3 - 3 Motherwell

Just now, Geoff_Tipps said:

PXL-20240214-215209854.jpg

You cannot tell if that's offside or onside. 

If these are the camera angles being used for VAR, it just proves it shouldn't be being used. 

Dotted blue line comes from the solid red line. Dotted red line comes from blue line. They fucked it up

16 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We know weve got one game left this season. All about this one. Fingers crossed for an evening ko

If we lose that, season is gubbed. Making the semis would be a decent booby prize, but still shite not to play one of the Sisters in the final. If Sevco win the treble this year, I will eat glass. And they are in Round 16 of Europa. Lick my pipe, min. I hope they get Galatasaray and the fans get eaten over there.

1 minute ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

If these are the camera angles being used for VAR, it just proves it shouldn't be being used. 

It's  the fact that the red dotted line seems to sit on the solid blue line and vice versa.

who was the ref tonight?

I actually feel sorry for clancy tonight game absolutely demonstrates that the man in the middle is an Auxiliary referee only assisted by two other assistant auxiliaries. some of the decisons needed werent even close but the actual refereeing team wasnt even on the pitch

Did anyone know in the ground if the motherwell final goal was or wasn't going into the review? 

Is this what we really want from VAR? matches refereed from 100 miles away?

5 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

The reason is because we have the cheap option  of VAR.  They normally have like 10 extra cameras or something.  I've said it before if you want VAR do it properly or don't bother.  As i said last week the SPFL plead poverty yet sign the worst commercial deals possible, its their fault we "can't afford" the full package 

My first thought at the Miovski goal is that he was marginally offside. Seen nothing to make me change my opinion on that. 

Should still have had enough about ourselves to go on and get the winner. A point tonight really only suited one team. Although being 3 goals up after half an hour, they'll be fucking raging they couldn't see the game out from that point on.

Morris is done with us. But fuck only knows who would be willing to take him off our hands. At the level of teams down south that might be interested (non-league) we'd have to pretty much pay 100% of his wages for the full 2 years he still will have left on his contract with us this summer. 

12 minutes ago, englishred said:

agreed but to be fair Warnock needed to look at his players in certain formations ect  As you say hopefully its a blessing in disguise. As you say Hibs game is huge,  they aren't great but have better players than Motherwell 

I think he realised that the huns game and the Bonnyrigg game were really one-offs, so Motherwell was his first "normal" league game.

He probably wanted to test whether 3-at-the-back just wasn't working, or the players just weren't playing for Robson.

In fairness to him, he's worked out the answer in half an hour - as opposed to half a season.

• Upvote 1

The application of the offside rule in the VAR era is abysmal.

Oh he’s 0.5mm offside according to our measurement on the screen - with a line drawn that’s at least half a foot wide. G’awa min.

Attacking player should have the advantage, if not then he’s on. The sooner we have clear daylight to be off the better imo.

Still, we were fortunate to get a point and I hope Warno’s focus is on our brutal players and not VAR.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Cringe

MT why cringe there was no decision made in Aberdeen for any of the goals - all were made by VAR.

Im not criticising the players or the referees but the system is just messed up beyond all recognition. Going from clear and obvious errors only to every incident having numerous reviews at different speeds in different directions.

football is getting lost in this mess we have now

Just now, Bamber said:

MT why cringe there was no decision made in Aberdeen for any of the goals - all were made by VAR.

Im not criticising the players or the referees but the system is just messed up beyond all recognition. Going from clear and obvious errors only to every incident having numerous reviews at different speeds in different directions.

football is getting lost in this mess we have now

I agree

But don't being cringey "glasgow bias" into it

not worried about Glasgow bias - the office is in Glasgow that all if the office was in the Antarctic and by eskimos the complaint would still be we arent making decisions on the pitch

Personally I dont go in for this bias nonsense - I tend to beleive people do the best job they can

VAR as as tool is useless - games are getting worse not better not due to bias but due to the tools

Just now, Bamber said:

not worried about Glasgow bias - the office is in Glasgow that all if the office was in the Antarctic and by eskimos the complaint would still be we arent making decisions on the pitch

Personally I dont go in for this bias nonsense - I tend to beleive people do the best job they can

VAR as as tool is useless - games are getting worse not better not due to bias due to the tools

Ok sorry then, misinterpreted you 

• Dildo 1

Well that was wild.  It certainly wasn't boring that's for sure. 

Crazy starting formation and a horrendous first 25 minutes.

Hopefully that's the last we see of Morris.  And the back 3.

Good to see Duk get a couple of goals. 

The team that played from 25 minutes to when Clarkson came off should be the starting line up. 

Got to go through it all again in 3 days time. 

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

My first thought at the Miovski goal is that he was marginally offside. Seen nothing to make me change my opinion on that. 

Should still have had enough about ourselves to go on and get the winner. A point tonight really only suited one team. Although being 3 goals up after half an hour, they'll be fucking raging they couldn't see the game out from that point on.

Morris is done with us. But fuck only knows who would be willing to take him off our hands. At the level of teams down south that might be interested (non-league) we'd have to pretty much pay 100% of his wages for the full 2 years he still will have left on his contract with us this summer. 

This not change your mind?…

https://twitter.com/craigdenholm/status/1757887949604053453?s=46&t=EGF21CR589CHViwzdY2JPw