Aberdeen 3 - 3 Motherwell

8 minutes ago, Just Dandy said:

I think he realised that the huns game and the Bonnyrigg game were really one-offs, so Motherwell was his first "normal" league game.

He probably wanted to test whether 3-at-the-back just wasn't working, or the players just weren't playing for Robson.

In fairness to him, he's worked out the answer in half an hour - as opposed to half a season.

Under Robson we had 3  centre backs along with Devlin and Mckenzie.Tonight we just had Gartenman as centre back.It didn't look like the system had been thought through or even practised. Not a game tonight to experiment.

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Honestly no. I thought a part of his head was offside.

The problem with drawing lines is that you are turning what is 3D in reality to a 2D picture.

Most on here probably won't agree with me but I'm sticking to my guns. 

EDIT....it's why I'd make the offside law favour the attacking player. To be offside there should have to be a clear gap between the hindmost part of the attacker's body and the defender

11 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Morris is obviously in the cross hairs but it’s merited. Has offered no final ball all season. Can’t track back. Speaks fucking volumes that Morris can even GET in this team. We just don’t do width. 

Been saying it for weeks. Duk’s strength as an outside left forward is his strength when he isolated a defender. Either beats the man or draws the foul. He’s showing form now so he should be a stick on for playing out there. He’s a nightmare to defend when he gets a yard on a man. He can be a game changer when given freedom to attack that space. 

Morris should and will be sold. 

Don’t think we will ever see Morris in an Aberdeen shirt again. 

• Upvote 1

Our first goal was not close to offside. Why did VAR take so long to state  the bleeding obvious. German fans a couple of years back said VAR was taking enjoyment out of football and began demonstrations to remove it. Why did we not look at their concerns before bringing it in.

Wilful self harm with that starting line up - what the fuck was Warnock thinking?  One centre back and Morris at wing back?!  Utter shambles in a game we really needed to win.

We played well from 0-3 til we equalised, then it was like our mentality changed or we ran out of energy.  Just resorted to aimless long balls and allowed Motherwell back into the game.

• Upvote 1

Cannot believe he started with that line up and what a shambles ensued, Morris was absolutely shocking and the rest weren’t much better.He then got on the team and formation he should have started with and we should have won it in the end. VAR is killing an already poor product and needs binning now and also the Tolerance of Scottish Refs to time wasting is an absolute farce

So was Polvara a victim of circumstances and that’s why he got subbed or was he playing really shite because from where I was sat he didn’t look any worse than the other nine players on the park. I didn’t include Morris as he has shown that he isn’t a football player

9 minutes ago, davierobb said:

Our first goal was not close to offside. Why did VAR take so long to state  the bleeding obvious. German fans a couple of years back said VAR was taking enjoyment out of football and began demonstrations to remove it. Why did we not look at their concerns before bringing it in.

As I keep saying, it’s not VAR that’s the main issue.

The main issue is the incompetent cunts we have on VAR. 

Tonight McLean was a joke. We’ll be generous & say inept as opposed to a cheat. 

A fabricated set of lines drawn, & forensically scouring footage to disallow goals, taking ages to clarify.

What a cunt he is - one of the worst… which is a very high bar. 

1 minute ago, Hoofball said:

So was Polvara a victim of circumstances and that’s why he got subbed or was he playing really shite because from where I was sat he didn’t look any worse than the other nine players on the park. I didn’t include Morris as he has shown that he isn’t a football player

He looked a threat going forward to me.

1 hour ago, englishred said:

The reason is because we have the cheap option  of VAR.  They normally have like 10 extra cameras or something.  I've said it before if you want VAR do it properly or don't bother.  As i said last week the SPFL plead poverty yet sign the worst commercial deals possible, its their fault we "can't afford" the full package 

That’s the kicker. We’ve implemented a portion of a system. A piece of something that works. Typical of Scottish football, if something can be half assed, we’re on it. Whether it’s a proportionate licensing deal, VAR or the marketing of our game you just know we’re always one fuck up away from an inquiry to tell us what to do. 

3 hours ago, minijc said:

Shambolic formation that suits no cunt but thanks to that neep Robson and his bright idea the squad is unbalanced as fuck.

Robson even gets the blame from you for tonight.😂😂That starting line up was unbelievably bad and led to the worst 30 minutes any Aberdeen team has played in years. All credit for the fightback but at 3-3  we should have won that match.

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Just Dandy said:

I think he realised that the huns game and the Bonnyrigg game were really one-offs, so Motherwell was his first "normal" league game.

He probably wanted to test whether 3-at-the-back just wasn't working, or the players just weren't playing for Robson.

In fairness to him, he's worked out the answer in half an hour - as opposed to half a season.

Worked it out?! Doesn’t take a genius when you are 3-0 down after 30 minutes at home to Motherwell to realise it wasn’t working. Everyone in the ground knew that.

10 minutes ago, Glass half full said:

You classing that as a result?

They are utter dross 

It’s a point more than anyone in the stadium excepted after that third Motherwell goal went in, it also shows the players are fighting for Warnock and not just throwing in the towel like they did when Robson was in charge. 

3 hours ago, Dons21 said:

If this is not enough for Colgate to let Warnock raid the free transfer market I’d be disgusted. Surely some hungry players looking for a club has to be more beneficial than constantly playing morris & quite a few others. 

Totally agree about bringing in a couple of free agents.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

As I keep saying, it’s not VAR that’s the main issue.

The main issue is the incompetent cunts we have on VAR. 

Tonight McLean was a joke. We’ll be generous & say inept as opposed to a cheat. 

A fabricated set of lines drawn, & forensically scouring footage to disallow goals, taking ages to clarify.

What a cunt he is - one of the worst… which is a very high bar. 

Family member used to play for Motherwell, wasn't inept, was cheating.