Aberdeen 3 - 3 Motherwell

The line up and tactics all wrong but he’s been here only a few months and is still trying to work out the best way to deploy this absolute shower. It wasn’t working, he recognised this and took action. We almost won the game after being 3-0 down too which is quite mad. There was certainly no lack of fight and effort from the team I have to say.

6 minutes ago, G man said:

That old chestnut again.😂😂 That first 30 minutes was the worst of the entire season and totally caused by the team selection. It could have been more than 3-0 by the time changes were made. 
I do not believe any of our last three managers have had much input into the players that have been brought into the club. 

He changed it and we got a point, I can only imagine what sort of frantic state you'd be in if your relative was still manager and he turned around a game from 3-0 to 3-3.

Also managers do have a say, especially on the fucking formation which is what we recruited for despite it being obvious it didn't actually work, yet we ended up with a rabble of players for that formation.

There was a moment early on at one nil down when the ball went wide left . Morris nowhere to be see. Ball comes over and our defence are all over the place. Thankfully the Motherwell player completely flaffed it and Roos with the help of the woodwork kept it out. That was the point you bring on MacDonald and go to a back four. Minutes later same again but Thelonius ( who was honking a few months ago ) was not missing that gilt edged opportunity. Still no changes . So we go three down.

Changes happen and guess what Motherwell are dodgy at the back and sadly Liam Kelly is the one goalie in the league who makes Roos look competent. We lost our way after Duks goal to make it 3-3. 

11 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Honestly no. I thought a part of his head was offside.

The problem with drawing lines is that you are turning what is 3D in reality to a 2D picture.

Most on here probably won't agree with me but I'm sticking to my guns. 

EDIT....it's why I'd make the offside law favour the attacking player. To be offside there should have to be a clear gap between the hindmost part of the attacker's body and the defender

...as has been mooted from many quarters. Yer problem is that with these shitty angles to view from you're still going to be guessing whether there's a clear gap or not. 

14 minutes ago, minijc said:

Lest we forget just a month ago when you were saying "Who cares what a manager says after a match" oh how the turns have tabled.

Nah, I think that’s harsh. Ignoring the starting selection and what choice he had, or lack of input in creating said problem squad, the man speaks well* and had 40 years experience to bring to his comments.

This wasn’t a poor speaker returning to the cameras once again trying to defend the indefensible (or as we call it, a back 5).

* After Goodwin we are more than aware there’s a fine line between educated valid comment and just a patter merchant.  But Warnock still has polite credit in the bank just now for me.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

I get that feeling too but it’s kind of irrelevant in your tirade against Warnock. 
What makes you say that?

It is not a tirade against Warnock l think he as well as the other three managers have been powerless to bring in their own players. In Warnock’s case  l cannot see why he has not gone to the free market for at least two players. He said at the start he would have to work with what he has got. I also think the so called strategy the club has supposed to have adopted dictates who we bring in and the style of football we play.l cannot think of any other reason than the “club” decides the style of play we are trying to adopt, which may explain why Robson was so obsessed with a back three and Warnock tried it last night. 

The club is in a total mess and it is too easy to blame managers and players- Morris is the fall guy at the moment.

4 minutes ago, G man said:

It is not a tirade against Warnock l think he as well as the other three managers have been powerless to bring in their own players. In Warnock’s case  l cannot see why he has not gone to the free market for at least two players. He said at the start he would have to work with what he has got. I also think the so called strategy the club has supposed to have adopted dictates who we bring in and the style of football we play.l cannot think of any other reason than the “club” decides the style of play we are trying to adopt, which may explain why Robson was so obsessed with a back three and Warnock tried it last night. 

The club is in a total mess and it is too easy to blame managers and players- Morris is the fall guy at the moment.

Agree with some of that, but Cormack is coming under more scrutiny now. This is last chance saloon for him imho. Needs to get it right with the next appointment(s), put more money on the table and STFU.

14 minutes ago, minijc said:

He changed it and we got a point, I can only imagine what sort of frantic state you'd be in if your relative was still manager and he turned around a game from 3-0 to 3-3.

Also managers do have a say, especially on the fucking formation which is what we recruited for despite it being obvious it didn't actually work, yet we ended up with a rabble of players for that formation.

Explain why Warnock went with three at the back then, especially that three. 

12 minutes ago, G man said:

because at one point or another this season those players have played those positions, MacKenzie has played left of a 3, Devlin the right, we've had plenty of Morris as a rwb as well, only alarming thing about that defence for me was Mcgrath as a wingback so it's funny that it was the other side that got totally exposed.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, minijc said:

because at one point or another this season those players have played those positions, MacKenzie has played left of a 3, Devlin the right, we've had plenty of Morris as a rwb as well, only alarming thing about that defence for me was Mcgrath as a wingback so it's funny that it was the other side that got totally exposed.

Yep

I really like mcgrath but his complete lack of pace makes him wholly unsuitable to play wing back 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, G man said:

Worked it out?! Doesn’t take a genius when you are 3-0 down after 30 minutes at home to Motherwell to realise it wasn’t working. Everyone in the ground knew that.

Your loon would have persisted with it until the 70th minute, that's the difference

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, G man said:

Jensen fell ill and MacDonald wasn’t match fit and was struggling after only 40 minutes on the park. So who else was he supposed to play in that back three

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

I hope Steven McLean dies along with the rest of the bastard Refs & theSFA. More pissed off we the result today than last night after FT. Club surely needs to speak out against the continually bad calls we get.. Tottaly scunnered we it all.

Warnock did speak out about that insane offside ruled goal. He didn't rant and rave about it so maybe he'll escape sanction because we know how the powers that be hate any team questioning them (who isn't from Glasgow) in Scotland.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
7 minutes ago, a don in oz said:

Warnock did speak out about that insane offside ruled goal. He didn't rant and rave about it so maybe he'll escape sanction because we know how the powers that be hate any team questioning them (who isn't from Glasgow) in Scotland.

Expect a warning at least I reckon. They don’t like people highlighting their incompetence. Keep in mind Goodwin got an 8 match ban for just telling the truth.

Ill try and be positive here. Showed a bit of character to pull it back from 0-3 down. Things could’ve got ugly if Warnock hadn’t made the changes when he did. I think we all recognise the ‘back 3’ experiment, enforced or not will be firmly in the bin after this. Duk grabbing a brace is very welcome, certainly need him to rediscover his form from last season. Draw a fair result given both teams robbed of a goal for minor infractions. Warnock learning fast where our deficiencies lie but is limited in what he can do to fix them. The challenge is getting some consistency out of this team which has been woefully inconsistent so far this season. Too many are performing below the level we know they can achieve, but it could be dragged out of them with the right guidance.