Aberdeen 3 - 3 Motherwell

12 minutes ago, minijc said:

I guess it's just how recruitment goes, you won't get every signing right unfortunately.  We ended up with Morris and Richardson because Goodwin put emphasis on finding quick, athletic players.  With Robson I think we missed out on a few of our top targets, he wanted to stick with his formation so we signed guys for that formation now the squad is unbalanced but that isn't all on him, gormless Gunner should have twigged.

& Barry Robson didn’t view ‘technical ability’ as important, so any signings under him were always going to be sketchy at best. 
Devlin & McGrath probably his best two signings but even they are limited as far as ‘technical ability’ goes.

In fact it’s quite telling that two of our most ‘technical abilities’ type gifted players suffered massive backward steps under Robsons ‘coaching’ 

I think being 0-3 down after 30 mins is totally on Warnock. For people to say he can only play with the hand he’s been left and that he’s only had a few training sessions and 2 games so has to try things in games  is total pish. 

Thankfully he changed it and we got back in the game but again it’s 2 points dropped in our games in hand which is very disappointing. 

• Upvote 1

Believe me I was raging at Barry Robson the St Mirren three nil game. Walking over the hill at the back of RDS into horizontal sleet and a howling gale. Soaked , breathless getting into the car with a 3 and a bit hour long drive . I was mumping my gums all the way home. Yet another must win game which not only did we not win but they also missed a penalty. That was the night I realised Robson"s stubbornness like Goodwin before him meant the writing was on the wall.

5 hours ago, RUL said:

The only person to blame last night was warnock. That setup was chaos. Can’t mind st mirren game now to be honest. 

He told Cormack he’d take the job if he could have some fun. If he likes going to the circus that’s what he got last night, clowns, who operate VAR , referees and linesmen , who have less brains than elephants.  

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, RUL said:

The only person to blame last night was warnock. That setup was chaos. Can’t mind st mirren game now to be honest. 

Don’t forget the 11 professionals he picked to perform for the crowd. They didn’t when going 3-0 down.  Give Warnock credit he spotted his faults.   Robson would have still being scratching his nut till the end. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, RUL said:

Thing is if Robson had been binned earlier that just means we’d have another month of this latest idiot.

That made me laugh but I think a bit more time to work things out and a chance to bring a couple of players in could really have helped Warnock.

Not saying he’s the messiah either though.

12 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

September 15, 1951

Hibs 4 Aberdeen 4

Hibs led 3-0 after 25 minutes and 4-1 at half time. We came back to draw.

That was the last time before last night we had recovered from 3-0 down to avoid defeat

Hibs doing their usual haha

Useless bastards 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, ERNIE said:

Tbh not sure about this squad because most of them can be good or even very good in some games or even parts of games but only Myovski is consistently good.What I  don't know is who is actually the guy who makes the decision on signing a player?Is it the manager or is it a collective decision ?

It's more about the sum of the parts than the individual quality. You could have played Messi at right back and it would weaken the team. Morris just has no positional sense or defensive ability. He gave away the pen. He let the full back get behind him to play it along the six yard box for the second. And he stumbled back to interfere with the defence and deflect the ball into the path of Bear for the third. Warnock had only seen two live games with us in the flesh before last night - players can look promising in training but not deliver it on the pitch proper. He set the team up to play with forward momentum and good passers at the back. We got swamped down our right and then murdered in the box. He will have learned a lot. It's disappointing to drop the point but you can't deny the awesome quality of the fight back and but for a wrong VAR decision we would have won. I noticed our movement of the ball last night was much much faster than usual - we've been crying out for that. And some of the interplay under pressure was really good. Apart from the end of last season defensive capability has been our Achilles heel since Glass.

7 hours ago, G man said:

I said after the St Mirren game that a change was needed. I also stick by what l said that the first half hour last night was the worst performance l have seen from an Aberdeen team in many years.

So we sack Warnock? What do you want? You were timid with your criticism of Robson so why so vocal about Warnock? 

4 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

So we sack Warnock? What do you want? You were timid with your criticism of Robson so why so vocal about Warnock? 

Of course we don’t get rid of Warnock. !!

l have said all along that the club have changed managers too often in the last few years. Sadly certain people on this forum never gave Robson a chance. Even when he achieved third place and  European football people criticised everything he did. Even with an experienced manager like Warnock he is struggling to get a tune out of the squad. I have said for a number of months the squad is not as good as people claimed. The squad is not the third best in the league(as some have claimed)- far from it.

The three at the back last night amazed everyone, especially the three who were selected.Was that down to Warnock or is there a club directive regarding systems of play?

We have no Director of Football, claim we are carrying out a review of the club l am not convinced by it all. I think there are much bigger issues than who is managing the club. Suspect too many footballing decisions are being made by non football people and what we are seeing on the pitch reflects that. 
l will always support whoever manages the club as if they are successful so will the team .

1 hour ago, G man said:

l have said all along that the club have changed managers too often in the last few years. Sadly certain people on this forum never gave Robson a chance. Even when he achieved third place and  European football people criticised everything he did. Even with an experienced manager like Warnock he is struggling to get a tune out of the squad. I have said for a number of months the squad is not as good as people claimed. The squad is not the third best in the league(as some have claimed)- far from it.

The three at the back last night amazed everyone, especially the three who were selected.Was that down to Warnock or is there a club directive regarding systems of play?

We have no Director of Football, claim we are carrying out a review of the club l am not convinced by it all. I think there are much bigger issues than who is managing the club. Suspect too many footballing decisions are being made by non football people and what we are seeing on the pitch reflects that. 
l will always support whoever manages the club as if they are successful so will the team .

All over the shop. The club wouldn’t change managers as much if they stopped employing simpletons like Robson. 

Agree on last part.

12 hours ago, G man said:

I said after the St Mirren game that a change was needed. I also stick by what l said that the first half hour last night was the worst performance l have seen from an Aberdeen team in many years.

We've been crap loads of times 'recently'.

Shipping 5 and 6 goals under Goodwin in Edinburgh for example.

(Good thing the bonkers Motherwell game was 90 minutes, eh?)

4 hours ago, G man said:

Glass, Goodwin and Robson all had a pre-season and all got to bring in players during windows.

Warnock didn't get the benefit of any of that, and yet, his worst scoreline is a one goal defeat at Sevco.

He's only been here a fortnight.

I'm still with him.  

4 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

We've been crap loads of times 'recently'.

Shipping 5 and 6 goals under Goodwin in Edinburgh for example.

(Good thing the bonkers Motherwell game was 90 minutes, eh?)

Glass, Goodwin and Robson all had a pre-season and all got to bring in players during windows.

Warnock didn't get the benefit of any of that, and yet, his worst scoreline is a one goal defeat at Sevco.

He's only been here a fortnight.

I'm still with him.  

So am l