Blue Card! What do fans think?

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

Definitely the way they are talking it’s not happening, but do you not think a card to cool tempers rather than just off would ruin less games?

They have the "sin bin" in professional ice hockey. Of course on hockey, you have padding, helmet, etc.

Too many red cards in fitba now and it has spoiled many a game in recent years all over the world. Matches that are finely balanced, tense, then one day is 1/8 of a second off his tackle and it's a red card. Even just silly stuff that results in a yellow and then his next foul is a half-bad foul and that means he is off. It's harsh as fuck at times. But then again, teams have won important matches with 10 men, even in extra time.

How penalties are awarded needs looked at, indirect free-kicks need to be more common, I feel, pens are given at the end of matches for fouls when it wasn't a goal-scoring opportunity. Honestly, make the box smaller. Just have the goalie's box, but extend the lines to 18 yards, chopping off the left and right sides.

The International Football Association Board makes these decisions. 50% of the board if made up of FIFA employees. But fuck me, look how long they took to bring in the pass-back rule? And fuck me even more, VAR should have been brought in yonks ago, certainly after the 2010 World Cup. Even now, it feels like it is still in it's test phase. And this problem of VAR breaking down and the game stopping is fucking comical. I can that happening more and more as the tech gets old and foosty, the screens get rained on, frost up, dandruff from Scousers, etc. Probably why the one at Pittodrie wusnae working the other week: rain, foostiness, seagull jobbies.

It's bollocks. 

We should be focusing on clarifying the current rules and getting those decisions right. 

Adding an extra layer on top of that will just add to the current shambles.  

Managers seem to be universally against it which tells its own story. 

It's an idea which provides additional tv entertainment and drama for neutral viewers rather than adding anything meaningful to the game itself. 

No need for blue cards

Just make all yellow cards 10 minutes in the sin bin like they do in rugby. It works well there and I can't see why it wouldn't in football. Offences like dissent would surely drop dramatically almost overnight.

And I care not a fucking jot if it means a goalkeeper could also end up in the bin. The team then has a straight choice. Put an outfield player in goals for the 10 minutes or substitute an outfield player for your keeper on the bench. If that means all your subs have been used and your binned 'keeper then has to play outfield for the rest of the match, tough.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

No need for blue cards

Just make all yellow cards 10 minutes in the sin bin like they do in rugby. It works well there and I can't see why it wouldn't in football. Offences like dissent would surely drop dramatically almost overnight.

And I care not a fucking jot if it means a goalkeeper could also end up in the bin. The team then has a straight choice. Put an outfield player in goals for the 10 minutes or substitute an outfield player for your keeper on the bench. If that means all your subs have been used and your binned 'keeper then has to play outfield for the rest of the match, tough.

Trust you to get it completely wrong.

It's a load of shite, get it to fuck.

'Make all yellow cards 10 minutes in the sin bin' - hahahahahahahahaha

6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

No need for blue cards

Reviving that Glen Hoddle v Man U in the F.A. Cup shit from January 1980...

Current rules are, that an outfield player cannot play in goal. Haven't seen that happen since...? Long time ago.

I hate seeing players sent off for non-violent stuff. 

I want FIFA to allow squads of 40 players at the World Cup. Make as many changes at half time as you wish, as well as after 90 minutes before extra time commences. Players are going to be dying the those variegated conditions of high-altitude Mexico, dry as a nun in Texas and Kansas, humid as fuck in Florida and just HOT AS A MOTHERFUCKER in general.

But seriously, there rules of fitba have gotten a bit complicated and irritating now and need streamlining. Must be a nightmare studying to be a referee now. My uncle used to do it at amateur level and even that was a grind he said. I'd like to see English referees work up here, ours are shite. They still think it's 1995.                            It isn't, I've checked many times. 

Whole concept is batshit. They can't even properly interpret the existing rules around stuff like handballs or implement VAR properly, how the fuck is this going to be a positive for our game?

Smacks of catering to those American audiences that still don't like football by creating more drama. Might as well start taking penalty kicks from the halfway line as well like the early MLS days.

9 hours ago, Belabedlam said:

Whole concept is batshit. They can't even properly interpret the existing rules around stuff like handballs or implement VAR properly, how the fuck is this going to be a positive for our game?

Smacks of catering to those American audiences that still don't like football by creating more drama. Might as well start taking penalty kicks from the halfway line as well like the early MLS days.

Was there not a trial of playing/dribbling ball from half way line and trying to beat keeper?