Hoilett has brought what was expected coming from the level he's played at - a bit of composure, speed of passing, movement, touch, awareness.

Makes a difference to have that incisiveness. Something that players like Clarkson and Barron have, but lack the experience to do it when the heat is on.

12 hours ago, minijc said:

I've been thinking that he might hit the road as well, would be a disaster given how good he looked yesterday.

Never going to walk for a number of reasons. 1. He needs to show form to make the Canada squad. 2. He is getting paid and 3. He would look like a massive tit if he walked out.

2 hours ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Never going to walk for a number of reasons. 1. He needs to show form to make the Canada squad. 2. He is getting paid and 3. He would look like a massive tit if he walked out.

When's that ever stopped a footballer?

Hope your right and he stays until end of the season.

Reading an article by nixon about warnock getting back into management and taking hoilett with him....

"Warnock’s shock exit came as he was lining up a potential swoop for Junior Hoilett."

Does he not realise we signed him several weeks ago or am I missing something. 

Just now, Turra red said:

Reading an article by nixon about warnock getting back into management and taking hoilett with him....

"Warnock’s shock exit came as he was lining up a potential swoop for Junior Hoilett."

Does he not realise we signed him several weeks ago or am I missing something. 

It's just a shite article min. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Not his best performance today but I thought he was a bit unlucky with a couple of clever passes around the box that he just didn’t quite manage to sneak through

Yep and i think he's the least of our problems.  to be fair he's done well since coming in 

7 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

Simply not true. Did you see the Motherwell game? 

I was there and saw him easily brushed off the ball. Some semi decent passes but looked like a player passed his sell by date. Watched him in particular yesterday and actually felt sorry for him. You can tell the brain still has it but the body is spent. 

Hoilett is a good player and offers us something different in our front line.  Not sure why folk are giving him stick, he's been a breath of fresh air since he came in, the only player we've got who knows what to do in wide areas.  He's also always looking to play a ball into feet in the opposition box, something we've not been doing all season. 

Totally agree with him starting and Duk coming on as sub later, Leven has got this right.  Duk is currently better at making an impact when defenders are tired later in games. 

There's also a reason why Barron starts and Polvara comes on as a sub rather than the other way around. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Hoilett is a good player and offers us something different in our front line.  Not sure why folk are giving him stick, he's been a breath of fresh air since he came in, the only player we've got who knows what to do in wide areas.  He's also always looking to play a ball into feet in the opposition box, something we've not been doing all season. 

Totally agree with him starting and Duk coming on as sub later, Leven has got this right.  Duk is currently better at making an impact when defenders are tired later in games. 

There's also a reason why Barron starts and Polvara comes on as a sub rather than the other way around. 

If that is the calibre of player to be remotely celebrated, then we have the team we deserve.

10 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

I was there and saw him easily brushed off the ball. Some semi decent passes but looked like a player passed his sell by date. Watched him in particular yesterday and actually felt sorry for him. You can tell the brain still has it but the body is spent. 

Agree to disagree on that one.