Aberdeen 3 - 1 Kilmarnock

Yesterday was a new low. Snatching defeat from a victory in injury time. It's been mince this year and I hold Cormack responsible. However we are Aberdeen fans first and foremost. Let's try and get as big and as loud a crowd as we can for the Cup game on Saturday. Can we roar a team lacking in confidence and get them over the line next Saturday.

Then we can start asking Cormack what he is going to do next.

COYR.

• Upvote 3

This line of thinking always makes me laugh. How many times in the last few years have we turned up in numbers, backed the team and its had any sort of difference?

Its a total myth, if anything we bottle it more with a bigger crowd, be better going back to the Covid days😂

• Upvote 3
18 minutes ago, brunstanesheep said:

This line of thinking always makes me laugh. How many times in the last few years have we turned up in numbers, backed the team and its had any sort of difference?

Its a total myth, if anything we bottle it more with a bigger crowd, be better going back to the Covid days😂

Yeah I'd rather there wasn't a sell out... then players can't come out in the media on a Friday and tell everyone they are going to do this and that, which will lead to disappointment.

As weird as it sounds, Pittodrie selling out means shite performance.

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Yeah I'd rather there wasn't a sell out... then players can't come out in the media on a Friday and tell everyone they are going to do this and that, which will lead to disappointment.

As weird as it sounds, Pittodrie selling out means shite performance.

Correct. Cana mind the last time we had a sell out/near sell out and turned in a decent peformance.

36 minutes ago, davierobb said:

Yesterday was a new low. Snatching defeat from a victory in injury time. It's been mince this year and I hold Cormack responsible. However we are Aberdeen fans first and foremost. Let's try and get as big and as loud a crowd as we can for the Cup game on Saturday. Can we roar a team lacking in confidence and get them over the line next Saturday.

Then we can start asking Cormack what he is going to do next.

COYR.

We've sold less than 6,000. Killie have sold around 1,000 

30 minutes ago, brunstanesheep said:

One of our many, many, many managers in the last number of years did actually use that as an excuse. 

Memory is a bit hazy, but I think we were shite, as per, and a fairly big crowd turned up and roared the team on. The team failed, as per, and one of the excuses used by the manager at the time... was it McGhee?... was that the big crowd cheering them on simply put more pressure on the players. 

Someone will remember better than I do, but it was definitely one from the Bumper Book of Aberdeen Manager's Excuses. 

Crowd was supporting the players too much. 

🤡

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, brunstanesheep said:

Judging by the tickets sold so far it's going to look like a covid distanced match, in the home end at least.  I'll probably end up going but I'll be honest I haven't bought a ticket yet and I'm feeling zero desire to go at the moment.

I get all of this. These players don't deserve it but let's turn up and get behind the team and try and reach a semi final. Let's control what we can control. Turn up and try and get this lot over the line. I am up to catch a 7:20 train and cannot get home until after 8pm , if we lose god knows when I can be bothered again. But in a disastrous season 2 semis will lessen the disappointment..........

This team needs to get on the front foot as we all know they cannot defend maybe a loud crowd will reduce the anxiety......

Clutching straws I know but what else can we control as fans?

1 minute ago, The Cockney Don said:

On the normal tele, lovely.

2-1 Dons.

As it should be. BBC Scotland need to get their fucking act together and get the Scottish Cup back and they absolutely need to get back Scotland national team matches for the World Cup qualifiers. ITV got the England Nations League games: https://www.live-footballontv.com/england-on-tv.html

Channel 4 had the England Euro qualifiers. Viaplay own the rights to Scotland's games up to 2028, but you can't tell me that BBC Scotland can't stump up for Scotland's World Cup qualifiers. Talks have been held for "some" games to be on BBC, but nothing has been confirmed.

21 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

We've sold less than 6,000. Killie have sold around 1,000 

That is GRIM. Imagine there being no enthusiasm the week before a Scottish Cup quarter at Pittodrie against Killie. This season in a nutshell.

This game has maybe come along at the right time. Everybody expects us to lose, so even though there's a semi final at stake it's a kind of free hit. 

And probably more importantly, a win would give the team some confidence and momentum coming into some vital league games. 

I saw enough yesterday to say that the players haven't given up. 2-1 the Dons. 

36 minutes ago, DandyWarhol said:

800 away tickets sold so far according to Killie fans.  Honestly thought they'd sell out given the good season they're having, guess early kick off and live BBC coverage have put paid to that.

800 travelling Killie fans is a lot. If they get close to 1000 that would be fucking mental for them.

Dons players seething after the St Mirren result. 

Absolutely storm the Killie goal for 94 minutes. 

Killie winner in the 95th minute, following an individual error. 

• Haha 1