Aberdeen 3 - 1 Kilmarnock

15 minutes ago, Don Shula said:

Ok my fault. How about Queen of the South in 08/09 - for some reason my mind must have forced me to blank this one out!!!!

Bingo, went in as runners up(lost cup final), played nordsjaelland in the qualifiers and ran them close but put out, Morton weighorst (former Celtic player) was manager at the time congratulating QOS efforts and praised the fans behaviour. They were still in the championship at the time of Europe. Well remembered, I like yourself, chose to block out QOS, another cup we should have won but didn’t.

11 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Bingo, went in as runners up(lost cup final), played nordsjaelland in the qualifiers and ran them close but put out, Morton weighorst (former Celtic player) was manager at the time congratulating QOS efforts and praised the fans behaviour. They were still in the championship at the time of Europe. Well remembered, I like yourself, chose to block out QOS, another cup we should have won but didn’t.

Exactly, the club formerly known as Rangers were on their knees that day having played every second day for a fortnight - a huge missed opportunity 

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

I was at that cup final when they played the Huns. Stupidly arranged a corporate day oot when we thought it was Aberdeen Rangers final. My pal and his dad (huns) and my pals granda and me (dons). Still went and made a weekend of it - but Rangers were fucked and we would have beat them in the final. 

Caused a nuisance in corporate before being ejected and bundled into a taxi to Tennents Bar on Byers Road. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 3/4/2024 at 10:30 AM, JumboJET said:

Do we all agree that Cormack gets a clean slate if we win this footy match?

23 hours ago, NEM said:

If we win the cup and don't get relegated maybe - otherwise no fucking chance

Ok a clean slate was taking it too far but (potentially) give the boy some credit, holy shitballs.

9 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Beaton and Dallas as VAR on Sat, SFA going all out 

Beat me to it!

As you have said - SFA all in to continue the shit that we have had to deal with all season. (and that's before we include how bad the team have been)

45 minutes ago, NorfolkDandy said:

Back up the road this weekend (Borders), however, won't make it as we're at a memorial service for our friends 11 year old daughter

We'll win, which will be nice, and appreciated, following such a grim spell 👍 

That's horrific

Sorry to hear that 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NorfolkDandy said:

Back up the road this weekend (Borders), however, won't make it as we're at a memorial service for our friends 11 year old daughter

Heard a girl was knocked down by a bin lorry down there. Horrific. Sorry to hear you knew the family. 

• Like 1

Brutal that. 😞.

• Like 1

All the best to you mate 

Hope the Dons can lift your spirits on Saturday 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NorfolkDandy said:

Awww fuck. Sorry to hear that, awful. I’m sure the Dons will help ease the pain a bit on Saturday.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Heard a girl was knocked down by a bin lorry down there. Horrific. Sorry to hear you knew the family. 

Was she wearing a Jim Traynor mask by any chance?

Case of mistaken identity. One for the Hat PI thread.

8 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

If we don't beat Killie there's going to be a lot of angry people.

Season over.

I reckon that we will all be very angry.

Warnock will sense that and walk. 

Leven will be in temporary charge for the Dundee game the next midweek, where I suspect we may get a reaction/result.

Regardless Cormack/Burrows will have some talking to do and pretty sharpish.

One fucking clusterfuck they are presiding over.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

My wife was at Aberdeen Uni with her mum back in the day - They visit regularly

A beautiful, bright, funny and feisty little girl for sure

Truly heart breaking

• Like 3
1 minute ago, NorfolkDandy said:

My wife was at Aberdeen Uni with her mum back in the day - They visit regularly

A beautiful, bright, funny and feisty little girl for sure

Truly heart breaking

Football issues are nothing compared to such a tragedy.

Truly heart breaking indeed 😥.

• Like 1