Aberdeen 3 - 1 Kilmarnock

1 hour ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Not in my opinion it isn’t. I’m not degrading his league positions but qualifying for Europe, by definition, is playing in the group stages. We finished high enough to play in the qualifiers, which we didn’t get past. 

Correct, to which Id add in five or six attempts we didnt seem to learn year on year what might be required to overcome said qualifiers. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stoneybloke said:

McInnes was on STV News last night saying how he well he did with limited resources in comparison to other managers since him. There was more than a hint of bitterness. They will be pulling out all the stops on Saturday. 

What a lying hun bastard.

Had the 2nd biggest budget in the league for 75% of his time here.

• Upvote 1

Feck Cormack, Feck McInnes , Feck the lot of them. Let's just turn up on Saturday and get behind the team. We are Aberdeen supporters let's stop sniping and support the team.

Come on Warnock utilise the fact we could have 17,000 fans supporting our team . Warnock lets have some positivity ya wazzock!

1 hour ago, davierobb said:

Feck Cormack, Feck McInnes , Feck the lot of them. Let's just turn up on Saturday and get behind the team. We are Aberdeen supporters let's stop sniping and support the team.

Come on Warnock utilise the fact we could have 17,000 fans supporting our team . Warnock lets have some positivity ya wazzock!

17,000?

Lucky if there’s going to be 10,000 there. 

3 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

What a lying hun bastard.

Had the 2nd biggest budget in the league for 75% of his time here.

Could dipped into his own pocket the bloated cunt - 18k a fucking week 🤮 

We could have had Zahovic 😭

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Not in my opinion it isn’t. I’m not degrading his league positions but qualifying for Europe, by definition, is playing in the group stages. We finished high enough to play in the qualifiers, which we didn’t get past. 

If there was a definition it would be something like being eligible to play in a club competition run by UEFA.

The fact that UEFA have changed the format of their various club competitions over the years is irrelevant to that.

• Dildo 1

If only 10 ,000 that would be like handing Kilmarnock a bye. Why the hell are the club not being pro active? Have the club given up on the cup ? Least these players owe us is a day out at hampden. Any manager worth his salt would realise this team needs help. Why not rally the fans .?

If we do nothing and meekly exit the cup its another example of those at the top not knowing what they are doing! I thought the bonus of Cormack being a fan was he knew what it meant to be a fan. Aye right......

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, davierobb said:

If only 10 ,000 that would be like handing Kilmarnock a bye. Why the hell are the club not being pro active? Have the club given up on the cup ? Least these players owe us is a day out at hampden. ...

If it’s anything like the last one they can ram it 

• Upvote 2
37 minutes ago, redone said:

If there was a definition it would be something like being eligible to play in a club competition run by UEFA.

The fact that UEFA have changed the format of their various club competitions over the years is irrelevant to that.

So Scotland qualify for the Euros and World Cup every campaign then, as we’re eligible? 

We didn’t qualify for europe. We played in qualifiers to get into European competition. 

37 minutes ago, davierobb said:

If only 10 ,000 that would be like handing Kilmarnock a bye. Why the hell are the club not being pro active? Have the club given up on the cup ? Least these players owe us is a day out at hampden. Any manager worth his salt would realise this team needs help. Why not rally the fans .?

If we do nothing and meekly exit the cup its another example of those at the top not knowing what they are doing! I thought the bonus of Cormack being a fan was he knew what it meant to be a fan. Aye right......

The club is but fans aren’t stupid, the team is a fucking joke and most people have better things to spend their time and money on. Those that run the club have made their beds now they can lie in it, would not be surprised if it’s less than 10k in attendance 

43 minutes ago, davierobb said:

A wee day trip to Hampden is the level of ambition at the club just now.

Cormack cited it in a defence last weekend adding in a good (but meaningless win in Europe - 1 win in 8!

Failing to mention that we never made any attempt to win the game with zero shots on goal. 

The lack of ambition is endemic in the club & drips down from the top.

Bollocks to them all. 

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

A wee day trip to Hampden is the level of ambition at the club just now.

Cormack cited it in a defence last weekend adding in a good (but meaningless win in Europe - 1 win in 8!

Failing to mention that we never made any attempt to win the game with zero shots on goal. 

The lack of ambition is endemic in the club & drips down from the top.

Bollocks to them all. 

Aye, Warnock will probably be given a 5 year contract if he makes the final considering how highly Cormack seems to think of getting there.

I am not advocating fans go to this game out of blind loyalty. I just feel had we held on against St Mirren it would have stopped the rot. Do i think a bottom 6 finish is acceptable- absolutely not.  But  I fear for this team being in a complete freefall and this getting a whole lot worse. The two games after this weekend are  away to Dundee then Motherwell. Just see this game as a chance for a big support to make a difference like the St Mirren game last year.

I am going this weekend in hope rather than expectation. I just dont want Kilmarnock to have itas easy as a couple of weeks ago. Dont trust the manager , dont trust the players so last resort a loud crowd might help. Go out the cup in a whimper then relegation play offs here we come.

• Upvote 2
55 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

The club is but fans aren’t stupid, the team is a fucking joke and most people have better things to spend their time and money on. Those that run the club have made their beds now they can lie in it, would not be surprised if it’s less than 10k in attendance 

Plenty fans are stupid

Really, really stupid 

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Would love to see us score a goal from a set piece, feels like months since this happened.

Not seen any sign of new set pieces which often happens when new coaching staff come in.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, NEM said:

It's maybe a good job his resources "were limited" given the utter shite he tended to sign when we did release the purse strings

Stevie May.

Greg Tansey

Forrester.

Gleeson

Bryson

Wilson 

Amongst those on big fees or wages

30 minutes ago, G man said:

Not seen any sign of new set pieces which often happens when new coaching staff come in.

I don’t remember seeing much innovation from the previous management on this - I can’t remember the last goal we got from a header from a corner for example 

2 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I don’t remember seeing much innovation from the previous management on this - I can’t remember the last goal we got from a header from a corner for example 

We’re never the first head on a corner in the opposition box, or our own box. Has there ever been a less commanding team in the air?

5 minutes ago, Hoppy said:

We’re never the first head on a corner in the opposition box, or our own box. Has there ever been a less commanding team in the air?

And this was always the case even when Rubezic was fit, certainly in an attacking sense