Aberdeen 3 - 1 Kilmarnock

21 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Killie were shite today, relied on long balls and set pieces this is what Mcinnes is.A scholar of Scottish football but want anything better then Mcinnes ain’t your man. We have better players than Killie we just do not have the manger to knit it together. The Killie fans had a good day out next time they co me to Pittodrie they will hav the usual 84 fans 

Yeah I’m amazed that Kilmarnock weren’t playing silky attacking football given how many world class players they have

Had a great day out. Was impressed with defense particularly McKenzie. Initially wondered what Phillips actually offers apart from running about and falling down. However, he did improve and contributed. Shinnie excellent. Semi Final. Who would have thought.

Thought we were quite good today in and out of possession and well worth the win. Despite the Gartenmann brain fart at the goal and the Roos dropped cross the defence looked far more solid with Angus in there organising.

Bizarre to read criticism of McKenzie and Phillips who I thought were two of our better players along with Shinnie who, daft booking aside, probably had his best game of the year. 

Really impressed with Hoilett too who looked a lot sharper with another week of training, like others have said a yard of pace away from being a stand out in this league. Miovski really needs a goal to go in off his arse but he worked tirelessly and did a lot of unselfish running. 

Great to be in the draw for the semi finals and despite the managerial situation hopefully this is the catalyst for the team to get a bit of confidence back and pick up the points over the next few games that ease the relegation worries. 

• Upvote 2
49 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Had a great day out. Was impressed with defense particularly McKenzie. Initially wondered what Phillips actually offers apart from running about and falling down. However, he did improve and contributed. Shinnie excellent. Semi Final. Who would have thought.

Agree about Phillips. He grew into the game. First time I’ve seen him have any kind of impact, albeit I didn’t see the St Mirren game. Definitely helped Shinnie having Phillips in there. 

11 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Agree about Phillips. He grew into the game. First time I’ve seen him have any kind of impact, albeit I didn’t see the St Mirren game. Definitely helped Shinnie having Phillips in there. 

He adds a good fizzy prez. Could really win me over before he goes back down to Guffland.

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Tickets bought last minute and fucking loved that.

Bullied them, Gartenmann aside who still looks weak.

Hoilett, Phillips, Shinnie and MacKenzie all great.  

Felt like we played the way we should have been playing all season. Hoilett would have been some player a few years ago, you can see he has that awareness and quick thinking that so many in this league lack. Phillips was great today I thought, put himself about and got stuck in but was also good on the ball. MacKenzie again continues to improve.

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Absolute scenes if we fuck hearts two seasons running 

I'd far rather Morton fuck them on Monday night, then we get them in the semi's. But even if they do go through I'd have no fears about getting them. Hearts really are no great shakes but being consistently slightly better than mediocre has paid off for them handsomely where Killie and St M have just been consistently mediocre and everyone else below has been consistently shite or worse.

Can't see Livi causing Celtic any problems tomorrow but there has to be a chance with an ever growing injury list and having played (quite well sadly) against Benfica less than 72 hours previously that sevco could come a cropper against Hibs. 

• Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd far rather Morton fuck them on Monday night, then we get them in the semi's. But even if they do go through I'd have no fears about getting them. Hearts really are no great shakes but being consistently slightly better than mediocre has paid off for them handsomely where Killie and St M have just been consistently mediocre and everyone else below has been consistently shite or worse.

Can't see Livi causing Celtic any problems tomorrow but there has to be a chance with an ever growing injury list and having played (quite well sadly) against Benfica less than 72 hours previously that sevco could come a cropper against Hibs. 

I'm a fan of yours, but I hate stuff like this 

"Hearts are no great shakes"

They're flying in 3rd, so this season, they clearly are great shakes

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

They are bullying sides though not playing what you can say is great football, have plenty confidence though.

That's the thing with Scottish football, you don't need much skill to get top 6 finish just a few big lads that get stuck in,  couple of quick lads and someone that can score. 

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

The obvious point is that you don’t have to be a class above to be in their position. They’ve found a formula for consistency against the dross and have one of the best strikers in the league. But there’s no reason we can’t beat them in a one off Cup game. 

7 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

They are bullying sides though not playing what you can say is great football, have plenty confidence though.

That's the thing with Scottish football, you don't need much skill to get top 6 finish just a few big lads that get stuck in,  couple of quick lads and someone that can score. 

I think that's greatly downplaying it

It's a silly thing to say

4 minutes ago, BrisDon said:

The obvious point is that you don’t have to be a class above to be in their position. They’ve found a formula for consistency against the dross and have one of the best strikers in the league. But there’s no reason we can’t beat them in a one off Cup game. 

Surely finding a formula to win is the key for any team

That makes them a class above the rest

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I think that's greatly downplaying it

It's a silly thing to say

It's not that hard to see how teams are playing this season, there's not been much "skill" & "flair" in alot of the games I've watched this season. 

Hearts do have alot of confidence though and have a few decent players but if we had a central defensive partnership and a couple of wingers I'm pretty sure we would be up there aswell. 

17 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

It's not that hard to see how teams are playing this season, there's not been much "skill" & "flair" in alot of the games I've watched this season. 

Hearts do have alot of confidence though and have a few decent players but if we had a central defensive partnership and a couple of wingers I'm pretty sure we would be up there aswell. 

Well, yeah

But we don't, so we aren't 

9 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I meant winning the cup and taking guaranteed group stages off them for the second year running…..

Would be delighted if Morton beat the cunts on Monday 

54 minutes ago, NEM said:

I meant winning the cup and taking guaranteed group stages off them for the second year running…..

Would be delighted if Morton beat the cunts on Monday 

If we win the cup i hope it's with the worst VAR fuckup in world football so i can watch hearts fannies implode on social media.