Priority #1 - Director of Football

The club is in chaos.

I think that things have slipped so badly at Pittodrie, that DOF has to be the priority.

Dave Cormack means well but he hasn’t got a clue on how to run a professional football club.
Recruitment, transfer policy, FMB, succession planning, stadium plan, you name it, it needs root and branch overhaul.

This is where DOF comes in.

We require someone who’s manager ambitions are over - but not a dinosaur like Warnock.

How about Malky McKay? Doesnt seem to be in the frame for managerial jobs these days.
Decent managerial record at Norwich and Cardiff, he knows how a club our size should be run. 
Good contacts in British game.

The incoming manager would be interviewed by him and report to him.  

I think he could be a good middle man between Cormack and the New Manager. 

Dont think McKay would suffer interference either.

McKay is not the only option, but he jumps out for me as someone who would be a good front man for Cormack but also has the experience to tell Dave to wind his neck in.

We need to avoid another knee-jerk manager appointment - Cormack must have memory of a goldfish - this is deja vu - for the 3rd time in 3 years 🙁

If we hire a new manager and the structure above him is not changed - words fail me... over to George Bernard Shaw:

“Only fools repeat the same things over and over, expecting to obtain different results.”

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ullevi said:

You would think if we are bringing in a dof the new manager would have a say in who it is or at least we will align the positions 

Why would the manager have a say in who his boss is? 😄

The DoF should pick the manager,

That’s how it works, or should work.

Steven Gunn should have no say, seeing as he wants McInnes back. 

18 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Why would the manager have a say in who his boss is? 😄

The DoF should pick the manager,

That’s how it works, or should work.

Steven Gunn should have no say, seeing as he wants McInnes back. 

Aye and Gunn was told by the rest that's not happening. 

Shows the level of Gunn. 

4 hours ago, Red Mist said:

The club is in chaos.

I think that things have slipped so badly at Pittodrie, that DOF has to be the priority.

Dave Cormack means well but he hasn’t got a clue on how to run a professional football club.
Recruitment, transfer policy, FMB, succession planning, stadium plan, you name it, it needs root and branch overhaul.

This is where DOF comes in.

We require someone who’s manager ambitions are over - but not a dinosaur like Warnock.

How about Malky McKay? Doesnt seem to be in the frame for managerial jobs these days.
Decent managerial record at Norwich and Cardiff, he knows how a club our size should be run. 
Good contacts in British game.

The incoming manager would be interviewed by him and report to him.  

I think he could be a good middle man between Cormack and the New Manager. 

Dont think McKay would suffer interference either.

McKay is not the only option, but he jumps out for me as someone who would be a good front man for Cormack but also has the experience to tell Dave to wind his neck in.

We need to avoid another knee-jerk manager appointment - Cormack must have memory of a goldfish - this is deja vu - for the 3rd time in 3 years 🙁

If we hire a new manager and the structure above him is not changed - words fail me... over to George Bernard Shaw:

“Only fools repeat the same things over and over, expecting to obtain different results.”

Manager's position is the top priority. You get a good manager who assembles a happy squad playing well makes everyone's job easier.