Priority #1 - Director of Football

So we are employing somebody to help out Gunn who can't do his job properly. 

If I'm shite at my job I get sacked, they don't then employ somebody and pay an extra salary just so I can stay. How the fuck did Cormack get anywhere in business when he can't make the tough calls when needed. 

Absolute shambles that he is staying in that role, this club is fucked.

1 hour ago, C'monEweReds said:

So we are employing somebody to help out Gunn who can't do his job properly. 

If I'm shite at my job I get sacked, they don't then employ somebody and pay an extra salary just so I can stay. How the fuck did Cormack get anywhere in business when he can't make the tough calls when needed. 

Absolute shambles that he is staying in that role, this club is fucked.

Hopefully the TD is a good thing. It should separate Gunn a bit from the Manager. 

I can't imagine he's very good at his job, there's not a lot for us to see to judge him on. The big thing is the managerial appointment and we've now had 4 disasters since McInnes was sacked. 

Playing devil's advocate, how much influence has he actually had on those appointments? Glass was 100% brought in by Cormack. Warnock said it was Dave and Alan that phoned him. Robson was given the job after a temporary stint.

So the one person he may have gone out and recruited was Goodwin. But then you have to throw in that the FMB had a big influence on this too.

If rumours are to be believed he's suggested McInnes for the job and been told no. Take all that into account and it just seems like he's got no say, he's Cormack's puppet and is there to take a lot of the stick when things are going wrong

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Hopefully the TD is a good thing. It should separate Gunn a bit from the Manager. 

I can't imagine he's very good at his job, there's not a lot for us to see to judge him on. The big thing is the managerial appointment and we've now had 4 disasters since McInnes was sacked. 

Playing devil's advocate, how much influence has he actually had on those appointments? Glass was 100% brought in by Cormack. Warnock said it was Dave and Alan that phoned him. Robson was given the job after a temporary stint.

So the one person he may have gone out and recruited was Goodwin. But then you have to throw in that the FMB had a big influence on this too.

If rumours are to be believed he's suggested McInnes for the job and been told no. Take all that into account and it just seems like he's got no say, he's Cormack's puppet and is there to take a lot of the stick when things are going wrong

A lot of sense spoken in that paragraph. Gunn getting all the pelters when he’s been constantly overruled. 

If Dave hadn’t been footing the bill he would of prob been told to remove himself haha

2 hours ago, Granite95 said:

Unreal that Gunner has overseen multiple awful managerial appoinments and contributed to such an inbalanced squad, yet still keeps his job

That’s what you get from a chairman who is a cluster F—-   that appoints Dumbo the Elephant ,  change that to Dimbo the Elephant , Dumbo has more up top.  

It should be beyond belief, but it isn't. 

Wonder what the difference is in the DoF and Technical Director job descriptions. There can't possibly be sufficient justification for both salaries. 

I can't believe that was a recommendation from the consultants.  

The underlying issue still remains. 

17 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

See what you're saying but I don't think any other DoF would allow themselves to just be a puppet and have no voice. The boy is a wee fanny as well as being shite at his job.

We may not know how many failures he has been a part of, but how many successes has he had? Answer is the square root of fuck all.

To have a review and keep him in a job is just taking the piss. This club is stuffed with serial losers with no qualifications to back up the job they are doing, it's a complete and utter shambles end of.

36 minutes ago, C'monEweReds said:

See what you're saying but I don't think any other DoF would allow themselves to just be a puppet and have no voice. The boy is a wee fanny as well as being shite at his job.

We may not know how many failures he has been a part of, but how many successes has he had? Answer is the square root of fuck all.

To have a review and keep him in a job is just taking the piss. This club is stuffed with serial losers with no qualifications to back up the job they are doing, it's a complete and utter shambles end of.

He'll know himself that this will be the biggest job he ever has in his career and is probably paid well. That'll be enough for him to put up with being overuled by his boss (we've all had that happen to us).

The review can't tell you to get rid of a specific person. The only way the review could advise that is if it deemed the role should be made redundant. Again this was always unlikely to happen. Diluting his role and bringing someone else in was probably the best that could happen.

4 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

He'll know himself that this will be the biggest job he ever has in his career and is probably paid well. That'll be enough for him to put up with being overuled by his boss (we've all had that happen to us).

The review can't tell you to get rid of a specific person. The only way the review could advise that is if it deemed the role should be made redundant. Again this was always unlikely to happen. Diluting his role and bringing someone else in was probably the best that could happen.

Just seems shite to me that just because his role can't be made redundant that he cannot be sacked for being incompetent. If nobody says it how it is and takes action then what's the point in the review, all the main problems just carry on existing anyway. 

I understand there's a right way to do things, but this cunt is getting away with stealing a wage and holding us back from any sort of progress. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Would have been the easiest thing to move Gunn into a Head of Admin role reporting into Burrows and then backfilling the DoF role with a 'Technical Director' 

Cormacks stubbornness is going to kill us.

1 hour ago, C'monEweReds said:

Just seems shite to me that just because his role can't be made redundant that he cannot be sacked for being incompetent. If nobody says it how it is and takes action then what's the point in the review, all the main problems just carry on existing anyway. 

I understand there's a right way to do things, but this cunt is getting away with stealing a wage and holding us back from any sort of progress. 

Agree with you bud. In normal business you can't just punt someone cause you don't think they're good. Football is a bit different though, so maybe they can

Hearts have Joe Savage an ex footballer and head scout under Alex Neil as their director of football.ST Mirren have Keith Lasley .Seems to work for them having someone in there with actual football experience but I don't think Anne Budge interferes like our chairman does .

13 minutes ago, Redread said:

A club the size of Aberdeen doesn’t need a DOF.

Put the money towards getting a better standard of first team management in.

Being lazy appointing another British based manager who has done nothing of note will not just keep setting the club back but will also damage the reputation of Aberdeen FC further. 

The club need a visionary manager. Someone with fresh ideas and a very hard working team ethic. We don’t have mega money to splash on players so who we sign needs to have a mentality of wanting to achieve greatness and push themselves to the limits.

Having a drunk or a manager from a smaller team who have done nothing of note will end disastrously.

Managers like the ones you are describing do not want to come to Aberdeen. Pretend you’re not a fan and ask yourself why someone would want to manage the club? It is impossible to win the league without 100’s of millions thrown at the club, the league is not a great standard, even the people in charge think it’s a joke league. 

Prime example is Postecoglu going to Spurs from Celtic. He won everything up here by blowing everyone out of the water and playing great football doing so. Yet barely a soul down south thought he would be good enough for Tottenham fucking hotspur.

9 minutes ago, Redread said:

I think most of Tottenham are extremely happy with Ange Postecoglu. 
He is the type of manager (before he joined Celtic) who we should be looking to employ. Was successful and ambitious. 
I could be wrong but we employ the complete opposite 

Yes, they are now but that’s my point. Also he went to Celtic, he wasn’t pissing about with Aberdeen or hearts etc. Ambitious managers are not looking at Aberdeen and thinking it’s a good career step.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1