Motherwell 0 - 1 Aberdeen

Motherwell have taken 12 points from 8 games since the winter break and won at Ibrox last time out whereas we have only taken 5 points from 11 games in that time. They will be fresh due to a 2 week break whereas no doubt our players will be "tired" after playing 3 games in a week. Motherwell know if they win this game they will virtually be safe from the play off spot so they will have plenty of motivation. Not sure these Aberdeen players know the meaning of the word motivation.

2-0 Motherwell.

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Drop Barron and Phillips. Possibly Mckenzie as well Just play anyone instead of them.

All 3 were absolutely brutal for sure.

Polvara, Clarkson and McGarry in it is then.

Mi fucking heed. :wacko:

Or I could go in for Barron, you for Phillips and @thurso in for Mackenzie.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

All 3 were absolutely brutal for sure.

Polvara, Clarkson and McGarry in it is then.

Mi fucking heed. :wacko:

Or I could go in for Barron, you for Phillips and @thurso in for Mackenzie.

Canna be any worse can it?  

This will be a comfortable 2-0 win, with Theo Bair ragdolling our defence & our midfield outfought & our ran.

Roos. 
Devlin MacDonald Jensen MacKenzie.  
                  Phillips Shinnie   
           McGrath Clarkson Hoilett. 
                          Miovski

Doohan

Devlin Milne. MacDonald MacKenzie.  

Polvara Shinnie   

McGrath               Hoilett. 

Sokler.           Miovski

I'd also not be against playing Morris up top instead of Sokler. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
28 minutes ago, McginnAgain said:

McKenzie was absolutely fine last night.

The main problem with this team is the complete absence of a midfield.

Gave away the pen LOL

Foul throws

Poor decision making and shooting from far out and ballooning it well over the bar rather than getting ball into the box.

Giving away pointless fouls and running the clock down playing into Dundee's hands.

I would tend to argue that he was far from fine last night.

• Upvote 7
12 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Doohan

Devlin Milne. MacDonald MacKenzie.  

Polvara Shinnie   

McGrath               Hoilett. 

Sokler.           Miovski

I'd also not be against playing Morris up top instead of Sokler. 

Was pretty much agreeing with what you said until I read Morris up front 

• Haha 1
Just now, thurso said:

Was pretty much agreeing with what you said until I read Morris up front 

🤣 Was only for some pace as lack it 😳 he's never a footballer but can run if nothing else and that can cause problems especially with a slow defense 

10 minutes ago, bruceg1978 said:

Gave away the pen LOL

Foul throws

Poor decision making and shooting from far out and ballooning it well over the bar rather than getting ball into the box.

Giving away pointless fouls and running the clock down playing into Dundee's hands.

I would tend to argue that he was far from fine last night.

On the balance fine, aye. The ball striking his arm in the box can hardly be held against him.

He and Hoilett were the only ones not shitting themselves every time they got on the ball.

No player was without major faults last night, but he was a million miles from being the worst offender. 

54 minutes ago, McginnAgain said:

McKenzie was absolutely fine last night.

The main problem with this team is the complete absence of a midfield.

Nah Roos and Gartenmann are the main problem and not just for their guaranteed goal causing fuck up every other game either.  

The way we play out from the back is beyond a joke - slow, ponderous shite and sets the tone for the insipid perfomances we constantly see.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

🤣 Was only for some pace as lack it 😳 he's never a footballer but can run if nothing else and that can cause problems especially with a slow defense 

😂 wouldn’t even cause a slow defence if he didn’t know what to do with it once he ran fast 

19 minutes ago, McginnAgain said:

On the balance fine, aye. The ball striking his arm in the box can hardly be held against him.

He and Hoilett were the only ones not shitting themselves every time they got on the ball.

No player was without major faults last night, but he was a million miles from being the worst offender. 

Aye it can, he was shoving the Dundee boy in the back with both hands which could have been a penalty on its own. He's been ok recently but was embarrassing last night. Stupid decisions, getting easily wound up by Main, throwing tantrums when things didn't go his way.

10 minutes ago, NEM said:

Nah Roos and Gartenmann are the main problem and not just for their guaranteed goal causing fuck up every other game either.  

The way we play out from the back is beyond a joke - slow, ponderous shite and sets the tone for the insipid perfomances we constantly see.

In the one game Doohan did play v Bonnyrigg his distribution was very good. Surely he has to play on Saturday. Roos dropped the ball on at least three occasions last night- the first one should have cost us a goal- and his distribution was the same as always- dreadful. 

2 hours ago, Russell said:

Aye it can, he was shoving the Dundee boy in the back with both hands which could have been a penalty on its own. He's been ok recently but was embarrassing last night. Stupid decisions, getting easily wound up by Main, throwing tantrums when things didn't go his way.

Willie Miller called the push in real time.

Harsh on picking on MacKenzie when none got pass marks. Thought Devlin was the worst full back on the pitch last night . Roos I swear seemed to take longer to kick the ball to a Dundee player after we were one down. No one in midfield could make a simple pass. Poor Bojan had not even scraps to feed off.

40 minutes ago, davierobb said:

Harsh on picking on MacKenzie when none got pass marks. Thought Devlin was the worst full back on the pitch last night . Roos I swear seemed to take longer to kick the ball to a Dundee player after we were one down. No one in midfield could make a simple pass. Poor Bojan had not even scraps to feed off.

Let's be fair. They were all shite and I mean ALL of them. They take the plaudits when it's earned and they must also take the criticism when they're shite.