Motherwell 0 - 1 Aberdeen

17 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

One thing I've been sick of hearing from the pundits is the statement that "Aberdeen are a huge club".

How can that be justified in the current circumstances.

In Scottish terms we are and its not only embarrassing how far we've fallen under Cormack it's actually pathetic seeing teams like St Mirren, Killie, Motherwell etc above us in the league.

We have a better set up, better facilities and pay way more but thanks to Cormack and his Glass appointment he set us back 10 years. I used to think he set us back 5 years but it's clear his subsequent attempts to fix the Glass fuck up has taken us further backwards. 

I have zero faith this next appointment will slow the rapid decline he has created. Remember when he tried to defend his McInnes decision saying is it too much to expect more than one cup win in X years - well Dave is it too much for the fans to expect the Chairman to be in the country and overseeing the shambles that is our club and manager search?

1 hour ago, Red Granite said:

If we get anything out of today I'll be delighted and I can see County getting something from Hearts.  That 2 games against County going to be instrumental in where were going to end up.  

Are you just ruling out St Johnstone then? As no-one seems to be mentioning them it seems it's all about either Aberdeen or Ross County for the playoff spot. 

St Johnstone are only 1 point ahead of us and currently have a worse goal difference. Their 4 games pre split are on paper a fair bit tougher than ours they go to Celtic today and then have Dundee, Hibs & Killie. Compare that with ourselves we have Motherwell, County, Dundee and Livi.

I know we are in shite form and can't be relied upon to win any game but I know which set of fixtures I'd prefer to have pre split.

21 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

One thing I've been sick of hearing from the pundits is the statement that "Aberdeen are a huge club".

Totally agree. Cormack etc have believed we are too big a club to be relegated hence the reason Leven interim for one game , then Warnock in for a run of games , then Leven again for two games, then what. ?When all the time we are falling further down the league.

Complacency, incompetence and arrogance get some teams relegated .

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, G man said:

Totally agree. Cormack etc have believed we are too big a club to be relegated hence the reason Leven interim for one game , then Warnock in for a run of games , then Leven again for two games, then what. ?When all the time we are falling further down the league.

That doesn't hide the fact that we are a big club - what it does do is highlight the incompetence of the Chairman and board.

5 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Are you just ruling out St Johnstone then? As no-one seems to be mentioning them it seems it's all about either Aberdeen or Ross County for the playoff spot. 

St Johnstone are only 1 point ahead of us and currently have a worse goal difference. Their 4 games pre split are on paper a fair bit tougher than ours they go to Celtic today and then have Dundee, Hibs & Killie. Compare that with ourselves we have Motherwell, County, Dundee and Livi.

I know we are in shite form and can't be relied upon to win any game but I know which set of fixtures I'd prefer to have pre split.

Aye very true man they are probably the worst team to watch in this league so no I wouldn't rule them out.  Hope to hell we win our next few games then put all this to bed then we can concentrate on the semi. 

11 minutes ago, G man said:

Aye but we wouldn't have been in that fucking mess if he'd got rid of Robson last year and got in a proper management team in then. That's the real incompetence right there.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

In Scottish terms we are and its not only embarrassing how far we've fallen under Cormack it's actually pathetic seeing teams like St Mirren, Killie, Motherwell etc above us in the league.

We have a better set up, better facilities and pay way more but thanks to Cormack and his Glass appointment he set us back 10 years. I used to think he set us back 5 years but it's clear his subsequent attempts to fix the Glass fuck up has taken us further backwards. 

I have zero faith this next appointment will slow the rapid decline he has created. Remember when he tried to defend his McInnes decision saying is it too much to expect more than one cup win in X years - well Dave is it too much for the fans to expect the Chairman to be in the country and overseeing the shambles that is our club and manager search?

It's a strange one... it's thanks to Cormack that we have a better set up, better facilities and pay more... but also thanks to him that we're on the bring of a relegation playoff.

We finished 3rd last season, played group stage European football this season, reached a cup final, and are in another semi final. On paper that sounds great. The league performance and position this season is horrific though.

The managerial appointments have been awful, no doubt about that. 

Glass - basically hired his mate from the US who had no experience when we should have gone all out for a proper manager to build on the McInnes years and make the most of an increased player and transfer budget. Not surprisingly ended in total failure.

Goodwin - went for a guy who had moderate success with a smaller team in the SPL, but who was clearly out of his depth at a bigger club with bigger expectations and who's attitude and arrogance rubbed a heap of players up the wrong way. Another wasted year.

Robson - absolutely fine giving him a go as interim manager and he got a bit of a bounce and built some momentum, fixing the obvious issue of the leaky defence, and bringing improvement in a few key players. Achieving 3rd from the position he took over in was impressive. Giving him the permanent gig in hindsight didn't work out, but given what he'd achieved it was a fair enough appointment despite his inexperience. This season the signings to replace key players who left weren't good enough, and for some reason he changed tactics to play a style that didn't suit us. A cup final and some reasonable performances in Europe, but horrific league form and honking football. Given that he got us 3rd, European group football and a cup final it's hard to say it was a completely wasted year as that would generally be considered a good year for us - however towards the end we were in free fall. Ironically things have got worse since he left.

Warnock - turned out to be a disastrous appointment, not even seeing out the short-term deal he agreed. On paper it kind of made sense as his track record for taking underperforming teams and improving them was the kind of thing we needed to tide us over this season giving us time to appoint a permanent manager. Total shambles from start to finish though and left us in a far worse state and position than he found us. Plus, most worryingly, we don't seem to have used the time to source a new manager - we're only starting the process now that he's left, which defeats the whole purpose of appointing him.

17 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Aye but we wouldn't have been in that fucking mess if he'd got rid of Robson last year and got in a proper management team in then. That's the real incompetence right there.

Spot on - Robson could and should have been fired after PAOK at home, the league cup final or St Mirren at home around Christmas. Any of these would have given a new manager, interim or otherwise, time to assess and add to the squad. 

Criminal incompetence and mismanagement giving him until the end of the window. 

Sack the fucking board 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

It’s can’t be denied in Scottish terms we are a big club. Regardless of standing this season. Huge I’d say I’d pushing it a little. 

22 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

As l have said before that change should have been made after the 3-0 home defeat to St Mirren at the end of December. Again the change was not made because Cormack etc never thought the club were in any danger of relegation and did not want to give a new manager money in the January transfer window. Every other club strengthened in January, except us. 

50 minutes ago, NEM said:

Spot on - Robson could and should have been fired after PAOK at home, the league cup final or St Mirren at home around Christmas. Any of these would have given a new manager, interim or otherwise, time to assess and add to the squad. 

Criminal incompetence and mismanagement giving him until the end of the window. 

Sack the fucking board 

True, but that would have led to him having to open the chequebook to replace said manager immediately and then to support his new manager in the transfer window, why would he have wanted to do that?, no instead was him to treat his so called fellow supporters like fucking idiots, ruin the cup final, leave us hopelessly exposed with an unbalanced squad, deliberately ruin the transfer window to save money and now possibly relegate the team he proclaims to love, funny, actions speak louder than words, que faux tears in sport sound when we are relegated saying he doesn’t know how this could have happened.

49 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

I can tell you all right now that today we are going to come fucken flying out of the traps, snarling like a wounded lion, tearing into Motherwell from the off and utterly destroying them on every inch of Fir Park for the full 90.

Suddenly you awake to find yourself confronted with one of the ugliest visions sitting in front of you laughing with a sneering contempt, goading you into action, at that you stand up, weary of the sleep you just awoken from, at that you hear yourself mumble, fuck up boyd as you walk across the room to turn off the tv.