Motherwell 0 - 1 Aberdeen

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

I don’t think it’s their attitude. 

Well, not the word I’d use. They are just weak mentally and any set back they can’t overcome. I guess I mean that I don’t think it’s a lack of effort. 

Scoring first is massive for us in any game at the moment. As soon as we lose one the heads go down & the belief totally goes. Massive result & pulling other teams in though. Hopefully something to build on.

Just now, DelMonte said:

Hopefully today means we can stop trying to dig out results by matching up to teams physically. 

We have better players than the teams around us, we need to use them properly. Yes, they are weak mentally but players like Clarkson and Miovski and light years away from the other sides in the bottom 6.

Miovski is light years ahead of anything the teams around us have. Clarkson is also technically way above the standard of anything outside the top 2. 

Once you get away from those two players, unfortunately, the quality drops off precipitously. 

Hoilett looks good, Duk could be quality but isn't, Sokler gets so few minutes it's hard to tell, Ruby gives us muscle and enthusiasm, Shinnie... today at least... was a superstar, and for the most part the rest of them could play for any bottom 6 side. 

We need Miovski and Clarkson to perform, and Shinnie to keep this form up if we're going to stay up. There are so many abjectly shite teams in this league that we we should be taking advantage of the edge these guys give us. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

What also helped was that Motherwell are not a team to press.

They sit off.

Dundee ratted about us in midfield & I’m surprised they didn’t do the same today. 

I noticed, even today, Clarkson is asking for the ball when a man is on his back but our players are too scared to give it to him. 

I still maintain, this squad doesn’t need totally overhauled if we get out of danger. There is some decent players but they are missing proper leaders and a few key positions. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Just now, Ke1t said:

Miovski is light years ahead of anything the teams around us have. Clarkson is also technically way above the standard of anything outside the top 2. 

Once you get away from those two players, unfortunately, the quality drops off precipitously. 

Hoilett looks good, Duk could be quality but isn't, Sokler gets so few minutes it's hard to tell, Ruby gives us muscle and enthusiasm, Shinnie... today at least... was a superstar, and for the most part the rest of them could play for any bottom 6 side. 

We need Miovski and Clarkson to perform, and Shinnie to keep this form up if we're going to stay up. There are so many abjectly shite teams in this league that we we should be taking advantage of the edge these guys give us. 

McGrath is a good player too. Our defence and keeper are the worry. 

Just now, Russell said:

Miovski, Shinnie, Barron, MacKenzie, Gartenmann, Roos, Clarkson very good. If Devlin is out for a while I'd probably have Gartenmann out there over Milne. Gie carthorsey.

What? Milne done very well today I thought. Would play him over Devlin.

• Upvote 4
32 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Steven McLean trying his upmost to fuck us over once again there.

Well in though lads.

Of course County win so we don’t pull away at all though

What the guy that didn’t give the Motherwell goal in the first half cos of a soft handball and then didn’t give a penalty after we handled it right at the death? 
Two absolute golden opportunities to do us in. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

What? Milne done very well today I thought. Would play him over Devlin.

I would keep Milne in too, Devlin been poor (and injured) since Jan, Milne has done nothing wrong and it's a great chance to get a younger player some game time.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, RUL said:

He didn’t. He stopped the game because it was full time. He didn’t want players to go off until check was completed 

Aye I wasnt sure, thought he had stopped to get the VAR review. Not that it matters a fuck anyway I’ll take the victory😎

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

When their attitude is right we are.

We thought we’d turned a corner after Killie…. Then Dundee happened.

We need the same as today against Ross County, who are playing much better under Don Cowie.

We need the same approach against County. Anything less and we'll lose, as like you say, County are improved under Cowie.

15 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I don’t think it’s their attitude. 

Well, not the word I’d use. They are just weak mentally and any set back they can’t overcome. I guess I mean that I don’t think it’s a lack of effort. 

It's absolutely about mentality with us. 

But we are so weak at the back and are easily overwhelmed in midfield which then puts pressure on our shoddy defence. 

1 minute ago, minijc said:

I would keep Milne in too, Devlin been poor (and injured) since Jan, Milne has done nothing wrong and it's a great chance to get a younger player some game time.

Milne was great in one of the Euro ties then bombed out straight after. He’s well worth a run at RB. More presence about him than Devlin.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

Depends on what the manager wants him to do I guess. Defensively OK and physical but his crossing and first touch aren't the best so not sure if attacking right back is the best position for him 

3 minutes ago, Russell said:

Depends on what the manager wants him to do I guess. Defensively OK and physical but his crossing and first touch aren't the best so not sure if attacking right back is the best position for him 

1 minute ago, RUL said:

Milne is not a fullback. So poor on the ball.

I do agree but a run of games could help with that maybe, Devlin has been poor and we lack options there, if Milne can do a job I'm ok with it.

14 minutes ago, minijc said:

I do agree but a run of games could help with that maybe, Devlin has been poor and we lack options there, if Milne can do a job I'm ok with it.

The competition should be encouraged by the manager. Give Milne a game or two and if he dips at all hopefully Devlin comes back with more focus and energy.

35 minutes ago, minijc said:

Not sure. Milne isn't a full back, but lack of options might force our hand. Especially if Devlin is injured. Credit to him for playing through the pain barrier and taking injections.

Watched the Motherwell/AFC game at half time on Redtv and it reminded me of how fortunate we were having Stephen Wright coming through back in the early 90's. Played his 26th consecutive game in that game against M'well. He was great and even had McKmmie playing LB for a spell. Blotted his copybook with signing for the huns though.

Thought Gartenmann and Barron were the standouts for me. Both put in very composed performances. I've criticised both at points this season so credit when it's due.

Glad Hoilett's brain fart of a dive didn't end up costing us, although thought he was decent otherwise. That moment seemed indicative of a lack of confidence throughout the team to take on shots. Held on to possession when space opened up to shoot on a number of occasions and actually felt we could've been more comfortable in the game if we'd been a bit more bold in the final third.

Collum with a weird refereeing performance. Showcasing his arrogance by not giving fouls when they were blatant but can't really argue when the big calls seem to have gone our way. We've had our fair share of bad luck with VAR this season so relieved it went in our favour today.