Motherwell 0 - 1 Aberdeen

2 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Not sure. Milne isn't a full back, but lack of options might force our hand. Especially if Devlin is injured. Credit to him for playing through the pain barrier and taking injections.

Watched the Motherwell/AFC game at half time on Redtv and it reminded me of how fortunate we were having Stephen Wright coming through back in the early 90's. Played his 26th consecutive game in that game against M'well. He was great and even had McKmmie playing LB for a spell. Blotted his copybook with signing for the huns though.

Devlin should be available for the next game.

It was a facial injury as opposed to anything else (unless of course there’s a cheekbone fracture maybe).  

3 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Not sure. Milne isn't a full back, but lack of options might force our hand. Especially if Devlin is injured. Credit to him for playing through the pain barrier and taking injections.

Watched the Motherwell/AFC game at half time on Redtv and it reminded me of how fortunate we were having Stephen Wright coming through back in the early 90's. Played his 26th consecutive game in that game against M'well. He was great and even had McKmmie playing LB for a spell. Blotted his copybook with signing for the huns though.

Yeah I don't think Milne is anything special and we all know he's a midfielder but we have fuck all other options.

Happy with the win.  Thought we played well and created a few chances.  If the game had ended in a draw i wouldn't have complained either, not putting us down but we did give away a host of chances too.  Hopefully though getting the luck in this game will see us kick on now.  Not sure if the break has come at a good or bad time...  Thought we played some good stuff too to be fair but our problems hit home when you look at the lack of quality on the bench

5 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Well done Leven. 

“We don’t have a long ball striker, we have footballers here so I felt the best way to win at Motherwell was to play football.”

That jumped out at me as I watched, say a lot really.

35 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Not any worse than Devlin though. 

I think Devlin needs dropped. Even before he went off he had another major fuck up just before it that MacKenzie bailed him out of.

No bad errors by Gart today. Roos and MacDonald with some poor play at times. MacKenzie put in another good performance though. And Milne good defensively.

Shinnie MotM for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Barron also mentioning our approach in his RedTV interview. Also said on Wednesday they were stuck between styles. Robson and Warnock actually had us shelling it forward as tactics. Brutal.

Would go with that if we had just played decent football against Killie.

Massive 3 points.

I thought there was a marked difference in the way the team were set up compared to what we've seen for the majority of the season. I've been highly critical of players hiding when the pressure is on during this recent run but you couldn't level that accusation today, application was what you would expect and the midfield actually looked half decent as a unit at times with a bit more composure and a willingness to pass the ball. I guess that might be the consequence of the ball not being shelled over their head for 90 minutes.

Gartenmann and Shinnie difficult to split for top red for me. Word for Miovski too who ran himself into the ground for the team, think he had more chances today than in the last 5 games combined, if he can get one to go in off his arse I think he could go on a little run til the end of the season. 

For those not at game Devlin came to Aberdeen end at half time to speak to his mother and father and they said to crowd off to hospital for a check.

Another brain fart from Collum not calling physios on with a man on the ground with a head knock.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, davierobb said:

For those not at game Devlin came to Aberdeen end at half time to speak to his mother and father and they said to crowd off to hospital for a check.

Another brain fart from Collum not calling physios on with a man on the ground with a head knock.

What?

He did

Honestly, this place

46 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Barron also mentioning our approach in his RedTV interview. Also said on Wednesday they were stuck between styles. Robson and Warnock actually had us shelling it forward as tactics. Brutal.

Said we are a better team than just long balls which is spot on. Mentioning with this style we still win the battle and second balls. Sounds like a 🖕 to Robbo. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Don't know about anybody else but my heart was about to burst through my rib cage. Football should come with a health warning. Well done lads. Fans got behind team and they delivered. Clean sheet! 

The stoppage in play in the last seconds to do the Shinnie 'handball' check was absolutely brutal. That's given and you're starting to think we are just cursed.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, davierobb said:

Can you imagine if it was one of the glezga mafia in blue or green. He would have stopped the game for 30 minutes and called a helicopter put him on a stretcher and winched him up and straight to the glezga infirmary. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Didn't catch the game as unfortunately i had other commitments this afternoon. Absolutely delighted we got a much needed win, especially on a day when County beat Hearts.

Doesn't matter how we get three points, as long as we get them. But from what i've read in reviews and on here it sounds like we were much improved from Dundee during the week.

Great to read players being talked up for their performances. Fair play to them and Peter Leven.

Hopefully today was the beginning of an upturn in form. Secure our league status asap and get this disaster of a season behind us.

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Didn't catch the game as unfortunately i had other commitments this afternoon. Absolutely delighted we got a much needed win, especially on a day when County beat Hearts.

Doesn't matter how we get three points, as long as we get them. But from what i've read in reviews and on here it sounds like we were much improved from Dundee during the week.

Great to read players being talked up for their performances. Fair play to them and Peter Leven.

Hopefully today was the beginning of an upturn in form. Secure our league status asap and get this disaster of a season behind us.

Post more

• Like 1