Motherwell 0 - 1 Aberdeen

2 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Their goal was correctly chopped off.

Interfering with play before the strike.

Same shit as MacKenzie

Fuck Motherwell. Only cunts (apart from Septic) who have been in the top flight longer than us. Definitely overdue a relegation. Only 2 points above us so definitely not out of the woods yet. 

Deserved and hard fought win that.

Bit nerve-wracking to watch given our precarious position.

Good to see hoofball eradicated and by design.

Cracking goal, great move.

Also nice to see VAR being applied 100% correctly for a change.

Clear foul by Bair with his handball (elbow) moving towards the ball and directing it straight to the "goalscorer" to strike at goal. Kettlewell roaring and greeting about the Shinnie one being similar is laughable. Not remotely similar, bounced off him at close range with his arms by his side. As Ebbe once said, he would have had to cut his arm off to avoid the ball contacting it.

Onwards and upwards.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The laws of the game now state the goal should only be disallowed if it’s the player who scores handles the ball.

We were lucky there.

A nice change. 

Oh I see what your saying now.

That's a dumb law.

So I can catch the ball in the 6 yard box, throw it to the guy behind me and if he scores it's a goal?

😂

• Haha 4

I think that must be people misinterpreting the rules surely to fuck because are folks actually saying the rules of the game say any other bloke can handball before you have a shot but as long as it wasn't you (!?) it's all good? 

Handball is a foul. It was done before the guy hit his shot so there was a foul before he took the shot which means.... shot don't count. Surely. 

If that isn't the case then what the fuck is going on? 

• Upvote 3
Just now, a don in oz said:

I think that must be people misinterpreting the rules surely to fuck because are folks actually saying the rules of the game say any other bloke can handball before you have a shot but as long as it wasn't you (!?) it's all good? 

Handball is a foul. It was done before the guy hit his shot so there was a foul before he took the shot which means.... shot don't count. Surely. 

If that isn't the case then what the fuck is going on? 

Exactly mate 

agree,definite handball,  a slight touch favoured the player striking the ball without the fine touch he may have struck it over the stand for all we know.
but what do i care. breakaway or get out of the SPFL. 

in saying that it was joy to see some fine football played at times.

9 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Oh I see what your saying now.

That's a dumb law.

So I can catch the ball in the 6 yard box, throw it to the guy behind me and if he scores it's a goal?

😂

No, I’m not saying that at all 🙄

Handball before scoring

The second change is on accidental handball in the immediate build-up to a goal. If an attacking player's accidental handball immediately precedes another player scoring, the goal will now be awarded, when last season it was likely to have been ruled out

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No, I’m not saying that at all 🙄

Not you, the rules.

The Motherwell player clearly handled the ball in the box. It then went backwards straight to the Motherwell player and he scored with a deflection.

So the first player was interfering with play.

Is that the correct intepretation?

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The laws of the game now state the goal should only be disallowed if it’s the player who scores handles the ball.

We were lucky there.

A nice change. 

Nah that’s not right. The goal scorer cannot touch the ball with his hand whatsoever, regardless if it is deemed a handball or not. 

This was given as a foul for handball as the hand was seen to be in an unnatural position.

If what you say is true then you could palm it down to your team mate on purpose. 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

Been saying this for weeks. Warnock fucked us up completely. If you try and play like Livingston, St J, Kilmarnock, Ross C etc you will end up looking like them. Our strength is our technical players. Our weakness is size at the back. Interesting the comments on Redtv about being on the same page today about passing and having different messages from different manager confusing things.

Robson before him, also. 

7 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

Been saying this for weeks. Warnock fucked us up completely. If you try and play like Livingston, St J, Kilmarnock, Ross C etc you will end up looking like them. Our strength is our technical players. Our weakness is size at the back. Interesting the comments on Redtv about being on the same page today about passing and having different messages from different manager confusing things.

Warnock was here for 5 minutes, the damage was done by the gimp he replaced 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, BrisDon said:

Fuck Motherwell. Only cunts (apart from Septic) who have been in the top flight longer than us. Definitely overdue a relegation. Only 2 points above us so definitely not out of the woods yet. 

No they haven’t - they were relegated in the 80’s

34 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We were lucky there.

A nice change. 

Says who? That goofy gype Kettlewell?

Nit convinced that’s an actual rule and if it is it’s stupid as fuck, as Haardon says 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Says who? That goofy gype Kettlewell?

Nit convinced that’s an actual rule and if it is it’s stupid as fuck, as Haardon says 

Handball before scoring.

The second change is on accidental handball in the immediate build-up to a goal. If an attacking player's accidental handball immediately precedes another player scoring, the goal will now be awarded, when last season it was likely to have been ruled out

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Handball before scoring.

The second change is on accidental handball in the immediate build-up to a goal. If an attacking player's accidental handball immediately precedes another player scoring, the goal will now be awarded, when last season it was likely to have been ruled out

How do they deem it to be accidental though.

Can o' worms.

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Handball before scoring.

Well. That is fucking mental.

It's well clear how the game is in such big trouble when the folks in charge are coming up with such insane rules.

Utterly fucking insane. So an accidental handball by the attacking team if a goal comes after it is fine. Accidental handball by the defending team is a penalty. 

Whichever clueless fuckers came up with those belters needs to be burned at the stake.

• Upvote 3

I assume there is further definition of "accidental" so that it means anything where the arm isn't in a "natural" position isn't accidental? Even if jumping for the ball your arm goes up so its natural for that? That is the only way that goal could have been chopped off under that idiotic rule?

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Itsagoal said:

So good to get three points today. Much better team performance.

the last 10 minutes seemed stretch for hours. Also I was convinced that the VAR check at the end would fuck us over.

I love JohnMcMaster as a player. What a great left peg. But RedTV, please, please, please never ask him again to be the co-commentator.

His shout of “Jesus Christ” at the Shinnie handball incident. Quality.

• Haha 3

I've taken the time to read a lot of the comments and I'm blown away by how negative so many of them are. We played some fantastic football yesterday. Really fantastic yet I'm reading about us winning not because we were good but because Motherwell are shite, we were lucky to get away with dodgy refereeing decisions, we'll lose the next game, this player was murder and that player isn't good enough, Warnock bashing despite him not even being here anymore.

We've just won away from home. We played an entertaining brand of football. We had over a thousand fans there. We have three relatively easy games before the split and things are looking good for the first time in ages. Can't you just be positive and enjoy it for a day at least?

Unbelievable 🤣

• Like 1

I don't think the McKenzie one at Dundee should be a hand ball at all. He had no idea where the ball was and was mid jump, and importantly the ball still fell to a dundee player who hit the post. Aberdeen gained no advantage, Dundee still had their chance to score. It shouldn't be a penalty. 

I also don't really think the Motherwell one had much in it either though. Guy is mid jump, it looks accidental too. The only difference for me is that they did gain an advantage from it. I would not have been surprised to see the goal stand, nor had much argument. Went our way for a change. 

Shinnie one isn't a hand ball under any metric, not even a point of discussion. 

5 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

I've taken the time to read a lot of the comments and I'm blown away by how negative so many of them are. We played some fantastic football yesterday. Really fantastic yet I'm reading about us winning not because we were good but because Motherwell are shite, we were lucky to get away with dodgy refereeing decisions, we'll lose the next game, this player was murder and that player isn't good enough, Warnock bashing despite him not even being here anymore.

We've just won away from home. We played an entertaining brand of football. We had over a thousand fans there. We have three relatively easy games before the split and things are looking good for the first time in ages. Can't you just be positive and enjoy it for a day at least?

Unbelievable 🤣

You must be new to this place 

4 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Unbelievable 🤣

I thought there was some really good build up play, but lacked the cutting edge to put the game to bed. Probably confidence a factor there too.

We were much better closing down and as you say, played some good stuff. Away to Motherwell is rarely a good game for us and we more than merited the points.