Motherwell 0 - 1 Aberdeen

11 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

I've taken the time to read a lot of the comments and I'm blown away by how negative so many of them are. We played some fantastic football yesterday. Really fantastic yet I'm reading about us winning not because we were good but because Motherwell are shite, we were lucky to get away with dodgy refereeing decisions, we'll lose the next game, this player was murder and that player isn't good enough, Warnock bashing despite him not even being here anymore.

We've just won away from home. We played an entertaining brand of football. We had over a thousand fans there. We have three relatively easy games before the split and things are looking good for the first time in ages. Can't you just be positive and enjoy it for a day at least?

Unbelievable 🤣

Brilliant season then.

🤔

8 minutes ago, JojoJuan said:

I don't think the McKenzie one at Dundee should be a hand ball at all. He had no idea where the ball was and was mid jump, and importantly the ball still fell to a dundee player who hit the post. Aberdeen gained no advantage, Dundee still had their chance to score. It shouldn't be a penalty. 

I also don't really think the Motherwell one had much in it either though. Guy is mid jump, it looks accidental too. The only difference for me is that they did gain an advantage from it. I would not have been surprised to see the goal stand, nor had much argument. Went our way for a change. 

Shinnie one isn't a hand ball under any metric, not even a point of discussion. 

I thought the complete opposite.

The ball definitely hit his arm.

13 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Well done. Thanks for providing me with an exemplary case in point. Have a chocolate biscuit and a cup of tea. Maybe that'll cheer you up as your football team winning a game clearly doesn't do it for you. 

We are in a relegation battle atm whether you think that's excellent and cheery is up to you.

I, like thousands of fans am not impressed.

And you're correct. 1 fucking win in 11 games doesn't do it for me!

1 hour ago, NEM said:

No they haven’t - they were relegated in the 80’s

You’re correct of course and I knew that. 

Think what I was trying to say was that they’re the last club relegated after us and Septic. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, a don in oz said:

Well. That is fucking mental.

It's well clear how the game is in such big trouble when the folks in charge are coming up with such insane rules.

Utterly fucking insane. So an accidental handball by the attacking team if a goal comes after it is fine. Accidental handball by the defending team is a penalty. 

Whichever clueless fuckers came up with those belters needs to be burned at the stake.

The interpretation of handball needs simplified asap. 
Some of the penalties given this season have been ridiculous. 
We’ve seen the Shinnie incident yesterday result in penalties. 
It shouldn’t be a penalty, but this season I wouldn’t have been surprised if it had been given. 

Easier said than done, but it has to be made less subjective if that’s possible & clearer, so fans, players all know roughly where we stand.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, HaarDon said:

I thought the complete opposite.

The ball definitely hit his arm.

I don’t know what  Collum / Maclean  discounted it for (the imminent final whistle confuses it) but it bounces off McKenzie onto Shinnies arm precisely because the Motherwell player grabbed Mackenzie’s  arm and pulled him off balance.

yoy can’t pick and choose the fouls you want to see on VAR when they’re within a millisecond of each other.  I’d have been pyoor dead ragin had that been given.

I still don't think the penalty given to st mirren was a penalty, nor do I think that the one Dundee got was either. So, I'll take that decision yesterday all day long. I'm pretty sure McKenzie was pulled prior to the ball hitting shinnie, so no pen there. 

14 hours ago, Russell said:

Eh? You just went off on someone misspelling Forrest Gump. 

Amateur dramatics at their finest.

Ok, I had a inadvertent typo, and the poster I was responding misspelt Forrest Gump which I brought to their attention along with my opinion on their comment. 

Someone brought my typo to my attention which I responded to and we have now returned back to parity. 

Life is good at times.

14 hours ago, perthshirered said:

But he normally replaces the wand for a club, usually a pitching wedge as most things he tries results in the ball going miles into the air at a weird trajectory and, inevitably, misses it's target by a long way. 

Now and again his passes reach their intend targets and result in goals.

His left peg is not just for standing on.

I think the reason why var has impacted so many games is the undisplinced nature of our defenders each of our back four has led to penaltys plus many close calls not given .. to even count.  After seeing pollack and scales.. these guys make considine look good.

4 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Steady. Richie Byrne's left foot brought passing and crossing to a whole new level of woefulness.

Maybe so…..but he was a more effective DEFENDER than plenty we’ve suffered over the years , including most, if not all of the current crop

50 minutes ago, redone said:

Maybe so…..but he was a more effective DEFENDER than plenty we’ve suffered over the years , including most, if not all of the current crop

You deserve to be locked up if you honestly believe that. Byrne was woeful, way worse than McQuilken and so bad made Winnie look like Andy Robertson. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

You deserve to be locked up if you honestly believe that. Byrne was woeful, way worse than McQuilken and so bad made Winnie look like Andy Robertson. 

MOTM v Atletico in Madrid 

Winnie was nowhere near as bad as many folk make out.

McQuiken was

6 hours ago, a don in oz said:

It's well clear how the game is in such big trouble when the folks in charge are coming up with such insane rules.

Utterly fucking insane. So an accidental handball by the attacking team if a goal comes after it is fine. Accidental handball by the defending team is a penalty. 

Whichever clueless fuckers came up with those belters needs to be burned at the stake.

I assume there is further definition of "accidental" so that it means anything where the arm isn't in a "natural" position isn't accidental? Even if jumping for the ball your arm goes up so its natural for that? That is the only way that goal could have been chopped off under that idiotic rule?

What a state to get in aboot fitba. Fucking hell 😂

• Dildo 2

So the referees get to determine whether it was an accidental handball or not. 

I wonder which teams that particular rule is going to favour. 

• Upvote 2