Scotland 0 - 1 Northern Ireland

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We play better maybe 

But I don’t think we’ll win any games. 

Bet you didn’t think we’d qualify from our group, let alone only lose one match v top seeds 🤷

So safe to say they’ve ‘surprised’ you before 

Patterson has been terrible tbf

I seem to recall Shinnie getting called up and played at left back (about 5 years after his last game at left back at club level) - played terribly as you might expect.

He was slated by the media and pundits alike and never picked for another squad again.

Something tells me Patterson will be given a LOT more slack.

3 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Why does Clarke not use this kind of friendly to give the likes of Doak/Conway a run out. 

Agree he could bring a few fresh faces in although Doak is injured.

Should probably have called Barnes as well tbh

Also.. again maybe controversial but have the friendly opponents chosen just been too good.

There’s no way we’d struggle like this if the confidence was high like last year but we’ve taken a pummelling from some top side the last 12 months or whatever it is.

8 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Why does Clarke not use this kind of friendly to give the likes of Doak/Conway a run out. 

Doak's been out injured since December. Was initially thought after surgery he'd be out for the season but he's recovered well and should be available for action by mid to late April.

3 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Clever tactics by Clarke by losing every game since qualifying to lull our Euros opponents into a false sense of superiority before the real games

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Doak's been out injured since December. Was initially thought after surgery he'd be out for the season but he's recovered well and should be available for action by mid to late April.

4 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Clever tactics by Clarke by losing every game since qualifying to lull our Euros opponents into a false sense of superiority before the real games

Hits of Germany prior to a major tournament.. Rope a Dope 

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Should a manager not be achieving more with this squad? He’s been blessed with the best squad in years and has this kind of performance regularly.

Scotland have had far superior squads to this and never achieved anything.

So in fairness it shouldn't come as a surprise that a team with poor striking options aren't achieving more.

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Scotland have had far superior squads to this and never achieved anything.

So in fairness it shouldn't come as a surprise that a team with poor striking options aren't achieving more.

Not in my lifetime. This is by far the best. 

31 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Is it controversial to suggest we are missing McGregor and McKenna at the moment?

22 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Also.. again maybe controversial but have the friendly opponents chosen just been too good.

There’s no way we’d struggle like this if the confidence was high like last year but we’ve taken a pummelling from some top side the last 12 months or whatever it is.

This game is shite but I am quite enjoying you making completely conservative bland suggestions and sensationally labelling them as CONTROVERSIAL 💅🏻

• Haha 2