Scotland 0 - 1 Northern Ireland

5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Should a manager not be achieving more with this squad? He’s been blessed with the best squad in years and has this kind of performance regularly.

We’ve no real outstanding game changing players. The squad is alright, just severely lacking in attacking options and a real world class player. That’s the difference between us and similar teams.

Just now, DelMonte said:

Not in my lifetime. This is by far the best. 

Yeah fair play then.

Although I do believe we've had better squads probably in your lifetime but utilised them so poorly.

This is a good squad in midfield, but striker options limited and unfortunately at centre back I think it's weak.

2 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

This game is shite but I am quite enjoying you making completely conservative bland suggestions and sensationally labelling them as CONTROVERSIAL 💅🏻

Excellent!

I’ll try another one later, keep your eyes out for it.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Yip. 
We won 0-0 v the English though 🙄

As much as it was nil nil, it's probably the best I'd seen Scotland play for some time.

It seemed a springboard that game in reality, okay blew it against Croatia but England game did show the players, we have something here.

It's just a pity it hasn't been utilised correctly, sticking with favourites etc.

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

Yeah fair play then.

Although I do believe we've had better squads probably in your lifetime but utilised them so poorly.

This is a good squad in midfield, but striker options limited and unfortunately at centre back I think it's weak.

Leigh Griffiths could have been an absolute legend in this team a few years ago but he lost the plot. We really miss a player capable of magic like that.

Just now, Big Hat Logan said:

Leigh Griffiths could have been an absolute legend in this team a few years ago but he lost the plot. We really miss a player capable of magic like that.

Aye and he's too thick to realise he had the opportunity as well.

It's lacking with this team so much and it's very frustrating.

• Upvote 1

As much as it was nil nil, it's probably the best I'd seen Scotland play for some time.

It seemed a springboard that game in reality, okay blew it against Croatia but England game did show the players, we have something here.

It's just a pity it hasn't been utilised correctly, sticking with favourites etc.

Croatia in general, & Modric in particular, are & were just too good.

When you have 3 plodders at centre forward who are Championship level, and every central defender at that level too (bar Tierney), then you can’t expect to do too much at a tournament.

7 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Yeah fair play then.

Also

No proper wide players.

Lack of GK options.

Only 1 good right back.

Aye and he's too thick to realise he had the opportunity as well.

It's lacking with this team so much and it's very frustrating.

It’s sad, he had exceptional talent and could have made such a difference at the last Euros. We were crying out for someone to just pull a moment of magic out of nowhere. We still are. We have some good players with the right attributes but they are quite limited. 

Griffiths has always pissed me off. What a talent and what a waste. I remember watching him at Dundee and being so impressed with his touch and play and just incredible eye for goal. Strikes a ball so cleanly.

16 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Frustrating thing was when he was banging in 40 goals a season Gordon Strachan wouldn’t stop picking Chris Martin