Scotland 0 - 1 Northern Ireland

3 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Shankland IS our best Scottish striker.

Let him start every game and remain on for 70 mins at least.

He's proved he can score goals on a regular basis.

Neither Dykes nor Adams has.

Ffs Clarke you donkey.

Is shankland good enough to play the role that sees mcginn and mctominay score so many goals for Scotland though?  Mcginns scored as many as Kenny miller in less caps. Reached the same quite a few games ago as well. 

as long as someone is sticking it in the net who cares. Dykes has proved his overall worth in games

The starting X1 against Germany should maybe be:

Gunn   
         Hendry Hanley Tierney. 
Hickey Gilmour McGregor Robertson. 
             McTominay McGinn    
                     Fuck knows

All 3 strikers are limited and I really don’t think it makes any difference. 
FWIW, I think Clarke will pick Dykes 

We are so bereft of strikers in Scotland.

Small population? Not a good excuse imo.

N.z. has a small population yet produce magnificent World Cup winning rugby players.

Belgium small population.

Holland

N. Ireland lol.

Think we need some Dalgleish/Law genes injected into some Scottish babies.

• Dildo 2
5 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Maybe but it still doesn't give us a reliable striker who can score goals.🙄

We badly need one.

……and at this level spaceship heed has proven he’s not it 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

Just seen at stat that says Scotland have won 2 out of the last 19 friendlies but 15 out of 21 qualifiers. I'm not sure what to make of that to be honest.

It means that we have a better record in qualifiers than friendlies. 👍

• Haha 7

The concerning thing on the radio I heard this morning was...

Clarke didn't comment on striker aspect or Lewis Ferguson but made comments on 'glad to get Cooper game time and Patterson aswell who haven't been getting game time at their clubs'.

Yeah Scotland fans literally just saw why.

• Dildo 1
16 minutes ago, Roberto said:

The concerning thing on the radio I heard this morning was...

Clarke didn't comment on striker aspect or Lewis Ferguson but made comments on 'glad to get Cooper game time and Patterson aswell who haven't been getting game time at their clubs'.

Yeah Scotland fans literally just saw why.

Not playing for club = not playing for Scotland.

• Upvote 2
10 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

You're a Hun. You absolutely reek of it. This is the one and only time I'll lower myself to reply to you. Shite off my shoe is what you are loon. Shite off my shoe. 

^^^ rattled 

10 hours ago, NEM said:

No bigger retard on the board than you, captain contrary cunt. He’s had two golden chances past two games and made a cunt of them both, miles out of his depth at international level. 

Not you again ffs, stop obsessing and get on with your life. Absolutely deluded if you think any Scottish striker is putting away every single chance they get. 

Tbh I love all these hat heroes coming out and having a go. How many years have they been trying now and none of them have “won” 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Shankland IS our best Scottish striker.

Let him start every game and remain on for 70 mins at least.

He's proved he can score goals on a regular basis.

Neither Dykes nor Adams has.

Ffs Clarke you donkey.

Not sure why this upsets people so much. He is our best striker.

6 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Alan Hutton made more appearances for scotland  than for spurs or villa

Played well every time. Doesn’t fit the current narrative though 

• Thanks 1

Patterson was particularly crap last night - supposed to be an attacking wing back and just passed the ball backwards or sideways every time it came near him. Hopefully Hickey starts ahead of him.

Hoping Ben Doak is fit by the summer and somehow gets a bit of gametime at Liverpool - I'd take him along as an attacking option. Dykes is ok if we want a battering ram, and Adams is okay at holding the play up etc, but neither can score goals. Shankland is more of a goal threat but contributes less overall, and for Scotland you need every player to be contributing. Doak would give a different option - someone who is direct, fast, skilfull. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Patterson was particularly crap last night - supposed to be an attacking wing back and just passed the ball backwards or sideways every time it came near him. Hopefully Hickey starts ahead of him.

Hoping Ben Doak is fit by the summer and somehow gets a bit of gametime at Liverpool - I'd take him along as an attacking option. Dykes is ok if we want a battering ram, and Adams is okay at holding the play up etc, but neither can score goals. Shankland is more of a goal threat but contributes less overall, and for Scotland you need every player to be contributing. Doak would give a different option - someone who is direct, fast, skilfull. 

Ben Doak? Lol

11 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

At what level? He’s playing at a higher level every week than he was last night. They had a cunt from Stevenage playing ffs. 

International level.  Belgian league level.

Take your pick

8 minutes ago, NEM said:

International level.  Belgian league level.

Take your pick

International level isn’t really a thing. He’s good enough to play against Northern Ireland anyway.

He’s our best striker alongside Adams, that’s clear to anyone surely? 

9 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

International level isn’t really a thing. He’s good enough to play against Northern Ireland anyway.

He’s our best striker alongside Adams, that’s clear to anyone surely? 

Nope - Dykes has a better goals per game ratio for Scotland and plays at a higher level domestically.....

He's shite as well before anyone starts

Shankland isn't as good back to goal as Dykes or Adams. If Scotland are playing on the front foot every game Shankland has a chance.  In the finals I don't think he starts in this system.  I think he should've started last night, the game was made for him; had a couple of half-chances in the time he was on. But alot of how Scotland are currently set up is based on data on how they're playing in their clubs, analysts running the rule over them.  For example the boy Hardie at Plymouth is in the mix but his in-game stats aren't up to scratch.

13 minutes ago, NEM said:

Nope - Dykes has a better goals per game ratio for Scotland and plays at a higher level domestically.....

He's shite as well before anyone starts

Dykes is the worst of the 3 by a distance. Can’t believe he’s managed to forge the career he has.

QPR a higher level domestically is true but I’m absolutely convinced if I done enough digging I could find you saying the English Championship isn’t a higher level. 

Just now, DelMonte said:

Dykes is the worst of the 3 by a distance. Can’t believe he’s managed to forge the career he has.

QPR a higher level domestically is true but I’m absolutely convinced if I done enough digging I could find you saying the English Championship isn’t a higher level. 

They're all shite unfortunately.  Best Scotland squad in donkeys years but hampered badly in the GK, centre of defence and striking positions.

Feel free 😆

A worrying loss of form, mojo and goals at exactly the wrong time. If the midfield aren't scoring goals, then we're fucked, because they're not coming from Dykes/Adams/Fiveheid. 

McGregor's injury coupled with McGinn's loss of form is causing us all kinds of problems. Hopefully we're getting all the shite performances oot our system now, and it'll all be good again come June.

2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Dykes has proven himself as our best option. He's been miles better for Scotland than Adams. 

I couldn't give a fuck how they play for their clubs, Dykes works far better for the way we play than Adams imo. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Dykes has proven himself as our best option. He's been miles better for Scotland than Adams. 

I couldn't give a fuck how they play for their clubs, Dykes works far better for the way we play than Adams imo. 

Completely disagree. I much prefer watching Scotland with Adams upfront. Each to their own.

This Scotland team is decent but are so poor in both boxes which is probably why we will end up not getting a single win at the Euros.